Looking for an older artic unit please

Hi

One of my clients is looking for a 4x2 tractor unit please.
It’s to pull polo horses so won’t need to be more than that and mileage won’t be massive either

I am still kicking myself for missing an ‘11’ plate Volvo that was a lovely old girl that I used to drive. Anything like that would be perfect.

Not bothered with Scania please. Not for any bad reason, just that the seat doesn’t suit her size, back etc.

Obviously no old heaps thanks. The truck will be staying in the UK.

Just pick commercial motor, and ring any of the Dealers.

Get an old furniture van and put them in the back :bulb:

Walkermovements or fernwood commercials at purfleet have 3 or 4 ex in health daf xf ssc that look pretty tidy , depends what your budget is

I don’t think 17 polo ponies will fit in a furniture van

Thanks for the suggestions. I will have a look

good_friend:
I don’t think 17 polo ponies will fit in a furniture van

Thanks for the suggestions. I will have a look

Are…

You sure?

Poloponies are quite small. If you shoved them in forwards and backwards and lobbed a few carrots in to keep 'em occupied, they’d be fine.

yourhavingalarf:
Poloponies are quite small. If you shoved them in forwards and backwards and lobbed a few carrots in to keep 'em occupied, they’d be fine.

These are ‘high goal’ and probably worth a blinking fortune. I would lose my client and I like her :slight_smile: :laughing: :laughing:

good_friend:

yourhavingalarf:

These are ‘high goal’ and probably worth a blinking fortune. I would lose my client and I like her :slight_smile: :laughing: :laughing:

You could get 3 on the Luton :bulb:

Hi good friend have a look at the auctions you might be lucky there cheers Ray

I think something like an FL10 would be just the thing if you could find one.

John Lewis/Waitrose seem to be replacing a lot of their 10-12 yr old DAF 4x2s at the moment. Don’t know where they go, but their new DAF rigids are coming through the DAF dealership at Theale, so might be worth trying them.

trucken:
John Lewis/Waitrose seem to be replacing a lot of their 10-12 yr old DAF 4x2s at the moment. Don’t know where they go, but their new DAF rigids are coming through the DAF dealership at Theale, so might be worth trying them.

Excellent idea. Thank you

Here you go, Good Friend. I think if you buy through Amazon, you get free delivery. :wink:

trucksales.com.au/items/det … 983/?Cr=30

good_friend:
Hi

One of my clients is looking for a 4x2 tractor unit please.
It’s to pull polo horses so won’t need to be more than that and mileage won’t be massive either

I am still kicking myself for missing an ‘11’ plate Volvo that was a lovely old girl that I used to drive. Anything like that would be perfect.

Not bothered with Scania please. Not for any bad reason, just that the seat doesn’t suit her size, back etc.

Obviously no old heaps thanks. The truck will be staying in the UK.

My boss has a very nice ERF for sale, 53 plate, ECS I think with a 420 ■■■■■■■■ Low mileage, one owner before him, lightly used and full service history.

Send me a PM with your email and I’ll send you details and pics.

Seriously now, i’d be looking for one of the square shaped Merc Axors, preferably a 430, many used by supermarkets so chances are you’ll find one with windows all round which makes maneuvering in tight areas a doddle.
Lack Kudos so cheap.

These are probably the last of the old school of working truck, basically simple solid and reliable without the utter rubbish electronics/wiring of some other makes.
They can be hard riding but you don’t carry much weight so setting the tyre pressures to what’s suitable will help the ride a lot.

Don’t dismiss Scania out of hand, always possible to get a decent seat fitted.
Of all the makes they prove the most constantly reliable (don’t have rubbish wiring or fall apart if you look at them too hard switches), 420’s of the late noughties proved the most economic motor i’ve used, genuinely seen 15mpg running 5 axle artic with admittedly light loads.