Foolish Mistake

I made a foolish mistake of following my sat nav to my first delivery today. It was in Sowton Industrial Estate in Exeter. Im not familiar with the area and ended up going through a very short 7.5 tonne weight limit on Sidmouth Road which runs under a railway bridge. I believe it is also camerad looking it up on Google Maps.

I know it’s my fault and i should have been more observant of the road signs.

Anyone have any idea what I should be expecting when it comes to punishment?

Cheers

There does indeed…

Appear to be a camera. Having said that it might not be working, so there’s that little crumb of hope.

I did find the following story on the net. There’s no mention of any points but, you will be losing your pocket money.

readingchronicle.co.uk/news … berkshire/

I live local to this, never heard of anyone getting done by it, however I think that camera is simply a traffic flow monitoring one as it’s a very busy road. As long as you weren’t spotted by police (who have their headquarters literally 200 yards past that bridge), or a trading standards officer, I think you’ll be ok.

Sent from my Nokia 3.4 using Tapatalk

Have to ask, why did Satnav send you that way? Had it been set up with the right veh dimensions and been updated? If it still sent you on an established limited route then how can you really trust it in the future!!!

Acorn:
Have to ask, why did Satnav send you that way? Had it been set up with the right veh dimensions and been updated? If it still sent you on an established limited route then how can you really trust it in the future!!!

Sat nav or not, I’m betting that there are signs before you get to the wt limit.
Here’s a revolutionary idea …turn around when you see them. :bulb:
To be pedantic,.a sat nav doesn’t ‘‘send’’ you anywhere, the driver should override it if and when it is necessary…it’s a guide not an instruction.

Sat nav or not, I’m betting that there are signs before you get to the wt
To be pedantic,.a sat nav doesn’t ‘‘send’’ you anywhere, the driver should override it if and when it is necessary…it’s a guide not an instruction.
[/quote]
^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^
Exactly why drivers get a bad rep. Had the bridge been lower would you still of gone for it?? There’s always the option to bail out and about turn

robroy:

Acorn:

Sat nav or not, I’m betting that there are signs before you get to the wt limit.

There were plenty of signs. I checked back the route that i took on google maps and i just wasnt paying enough attention. 100% my fault, no excuses.

Jimjam81:
Sat nav or not, I’m betting that there are signs before you get to the wt

^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^
Exactly why drivers get a bad rep. Had the bridge been lower would you still of gone for it?? There’s always the option to bail out and about turn
[/quote]
Yep you are correct. Im not making excuses. This is my fault and i will accept the punishment.

masetheace:
I live local to this, never heard of anyone getting done by it, however I think that camera is simply a traffic flow monitoring one as it’s a very busy road. As long as you weren’t spotted by police (who have their headquarters literally 200 yards past that bridge), or a trading standards officer, I think you’ll be ok.

Sent from my Nokia 3.4 using Tapatalk

Thank you for the info. If i have been caught then i will face up to it.

MLT1985:

robroy:

Acorn:

There were plenty of signs. I checked back the route that i took on google maps and i just wasnt paying enough attention. 100% my fault, no excuses.

Fair enough mate, we all do daft things,.and ■■■■ happens.
There’s nothing you can do about it now, so don’t beat yourself up about it.

You won’t hear anything back. It’s only a weight limit because of the tunnel which you got through anyway. In any case, it’s a bus route. I have nipped through there many times in the wee small hours of the night as my multi-drop route necessitates it.