Max hours

One for Rog or anyone with reference, Guy on faceache, saying 90 hrs fortnightly, 58 max in week, I pointed out it’s 56 max, he came back with working Thur Fri 10s Sat Sun 9s Mon Tue 10s, can anyone clarify this?, I was talking about fixed week Mon to Sun.

Sapper

sapper:
One for Rog or anyone with reference, Guy on faceache, saying 90 hrs fortnightly, 58 max in week, I pointed out it’s 56 max, he came back with working Thur Fri 10s Sat Sun 9s Mon Tue 10s, can anyone clarify this?, I was talking about fixed week Mon to Sun.

Sapper

I’m only a newbie in this industry but surely that’s illegal because Mon Tues Thurs Fri he is doing 10 hours driving. You can only extend twice per week. He would also be breaking his weekly rest. how would you get a 45 hour unbroken rest with that shift pattern.

No, you can work that shift pattern, you can work the legal amount of days between weekly rests how you like, as long as you do not exceed the limits for a fixed week, ie, Mon to Sun, you can work over the weekend and do 4 x 10s, but two of the tens will count in different weeks, that is what I am telling him, but he’s adamant he can still do 58 hours, I’m trying to tell him, that on any of his 2 x 9s, he will have to reduce them to eights.

Sapper

sapper:

I assume you’re talking about driving hours not working hours.

You can drive a maximum of 56 hours per fixed week (Monday to Sunday) so as a one off the driving hours mentioned are legal but you could not do the same driving starting on the following Thursday because that would be 58 hours driving in the second week.

edit: I suggest you refer your Facebook friend to Section 1.11 Summary of EU limits on drivers’ hours - Drivers’ hours and tachographs: goods vehicles

tachograph:
You can drive a maximum of 56 hours per fixed week (Monday to Sunday) so as a one off the driving hours mentioned are legal but you could not do the same driving starting on the following Thursday because that would be 58 hours driving in the second week.

No argument.
Also, in the second week, since tens have been used on the Mon/Tues they are not available for the Thu/Fri after the weekly rest is taken.

To remind others, 2 tens in a fixed week, not two tens between weekly rest periods.

Franglais:

tachograph:

No argument.
Also, in the second week, since tens have been used on the Mon/Tues they are not available for the Thu/Fri after the weekly rest is taken.

To remind others, 2 tens in a fixed week, not two tens between weekly rest periods.

I left that bit out to see if anyone would pick up on it so well done you’ve passed the test :smiley: :blush:

Thank you Tachgraph and Franglais, I’ve put him right, he thought he could do it every week.

Sapper

sapper:
Thank you Tachgraph and Franglais, I’ve put him right, he thought he could do it every week.

Sapper

Thereafter a million and one two Bob operators who would lobe to give a guy like that a job!

Franglais:

And in a similar vein, 3x9 hours reduced rest between two weekly rest periods, which could mean SIX 9 hour reduced daily rests in one fixed week if you put a reduced weekly rest in on day 4.