HGV driver dies M5

Got caught up in this today on the way back from Taunton, horrendous traffic jam. Sad someone died doing their job again… :frowning:

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-61275064

I was stuck in the jam too. RIP drive.

Rip however not saying this driver but driver in this day and age drive terrible don’t keep 2 second rule foot to the pedal cutting no another up poor smart motorway design collision will happen

Rip

Lost 3 hours in all that ■■■■ yesterday., but nothing to what that lad lost.
Very sad,.and it deffo makes you think.
Job ain’t worth dying for that’s for sure. :unamused:

No,its not worth dying for ,so why do trucks keep cutting in after overtaking me,only a few feet past my front bumper,sick of it,I am

Sploom:
No,its not worth dying for ,so why do trucks keep cutting in after overtaking me,only a few feet past my front bumper,sick of it,I am

Happens far to often unfortunately.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Sploom:

Yep, the thing that makes me sprout horns and make me want to kill. :imp:
No ■■■■ need for it…I blame these ■■■■■ who say ‘‘I don’t need flashed in me,.I know EXACTLY where the back of my trailer is’’ :unamused:
Absolute ■■■■ s of the highest order. :smiling_imp:

robroy:

Sploom:

No [zb] need for it…I blame these [zb] who say ‘‘I don’t need flashed in me,.I know EXACTLY where the back of my trailer is’’ :unamused:
Absolute [zb] s of the highest order. :smiling_imp:

[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The standard of driving from both cars and lorries while in the queues was disgraceful.
Both constantly changing lanes with no indication and getting a few feet ahead at best. Pick a lane and stay in it!

Dimlaith:
The standard of driving from both cars and lorries while in the queues was disgraceful.
Both constantly changing lanes with no indication and getting a few feet ahead at best. Pick a lane and stay in it!

Thing is though the amber '2 lanes blocked ’ illuminated warning sign was more than about 2 or 3 miles before the obstruction, !! which made the congestion worse as everybody, or most, were just sat in lane 3.
Say what you like I was not going to sit there when 2 lanes were clear…bring on the flak. :smiley:

I get what you are saying but this was happening at the 800 metre lanes closed sign. Most traffic queuing patiently in lane 3 with the idiots bombing along in lanes 1 and two try to force their way in at the last minute, including a fellow Tesco driver. Highways could have managed the tragic incident better I believe.

robroy:

Dimlaith:

Thing is though the amber '2 lanes blocked ’ illuminated warning sign was more than about 2 or 3 miles before the obstruction, !! which made the congestion worse as everybody, or most, were just sat in lane 3.
Say what you like I was not going to sit there when 2 lanes were clear…bring on the flak. :smiley:

Screw what the rest think, if the lane ain’t closed for 2 or 3 miles i ain’t gonna sit in it either unless i need a delay!

robroy:

Sploom:

No [zb] need for it…I blame these [zb] who say ‘‘I don’t need flashed in me,.I know EXACTLY where the back of my trailer is’’ :unamused:

Ithink a lot of lorry drivers have this tho g about not wanting to stop in the middle lane too long,especially if its took them a long timd to overtake,but there is no need for this way of thinking because the middle lane is just as wide and it goes the same way!
I stop in it as long as necesary and I only pull back in once Im well clear of the lorry Im overtaking

Not saying any one on here would do this, but the one that gets me is when on dual carriageway you catch a lorry with a comfortable marked difference in speed you overtake and you almost get past but time now stands still and both vehicles have something like .001mph difference in speed, I make no apologies but for these dumb ■■■■■ when my rear is clear I am in and if they want to be stupid they can stare at the back end, but what normally happens is they go back to the speed they were at before you started passing them.

dave docwra:
Not saying any one on here would do this, but the one that gets me is when on dual carriageway you catch a lorry with a comfortable marked difference in speed you overtake and you almost get past but time now stands still and both vehicles have something like .001mph difference in speed, I make no apologies but for these dumb [zb] when my rear is clear I am in and if they want to be stupid they can stare at the back end, but what normally happens is they go back to the speed they were at before you started passing them.

This boils my pee ! :imp:

robroy:

Sploom:

Thing is there are so many lorry drivers that won’t flash you back in/thank you for flashing in. Particularly once you venture south of the Yorkshire border.

Certain nationalities are terrible for it unless it’s one of their own and I’m not talking European either, residents of the British Isles.

Reference the other point, lorries behaviour in queues I’m shocked with the number that will use the outside lane. Seen that left right and centre and I just can’t understand it.

The roads are an absolute lawless ■■■■ show.

Jimmy McNulty:

robroy:

Sploom:

Thing is there are so many lorry drivers that won’t flash you back in/thank you for flashing in. Particularly once you venture south of the Yorkshire border.

Certain nationalities are terrible for it unless it’s one of their own and I’m not talking European either, residents of the British Isles.

Reference the other point, lorries behaviour in queues I’m shocked with the number that will use the outside lane. Seen that left right and centre and I just can’t understand it.

The roads are an absolute lawless [zb] show.

'‘LAWLESS’…got it in one, no law in terms of no longer any traffic Police, far too busy nowadays to simply patrol and monitor traffic as they once did.

Sploom:

not defending these drivers, however they do that on motorways because they want to ‘open’ the road up much faster, if i were overtaking on a three lane, were essentially blocking 2 lanes i know in theory you only come back in after leaving a 2second gap to truck behind but doing so will hold up traffic flow more so cutting in that little early may increase risk but reduce traffic thats my 2 cents

TruckDriverBen:

Sploom:

not defending these drivers, however they do that on motorways because they want to ‘open’ the road up much faster, if i were overtaking on a three lane, were essentially blocking 2 lanes i know in theory you only come back in after leaving a 2second gap to truck behind but doing so will hold up traffic flow more so cutting in that little early may increase risk but reduce traffic thats my 2 cents

And your 2 cents ain’t worth a cracker.

TruckDriverBen:

Sploom:

Are you serious?? :open_mouth:

I bet you’re one of those that is indicating left when you’re half way a long the lorry.

It’s drivers like that that cause pile ups & get people killed/roads closed for 12 hours just because they are holding up a few cars.