Security

Over the last year or so there has been a lot of talk about poor facilities/ wages etc for drivers.
I personally think something that gets constantly overlooked is the lack of security/ safety for driver’s overnighting .
In the last 3 weeks our company has had 4 different vehicles curtains slashed & tried to get diesel out of the tank , we don’t carry anything of any street value or appealing .
On no occasion nothing was pinched .just the usual damage & inconvenience it causes. Police were called on all occasions but no interest at all just the usual crime number blah blah blah.
On of the drivers actually caught 2 of the scallys in the act and jumped out , said he couldn’t just sit there watching through the curtain whilst they were snooping all over his truck .
He was threatened as they ran away , now this lad has handed his notice in as he said he just can’t be bothered with the hassle of it all , sleeping with one eye open most nights , ( mark my words this is no weak timid individual) very fit active strong physical character.
Personally think with the money they charge every service station / truck stop should have security ,
If no security there should be no charge . Police should also step to the mark rather than just looking for reasons to pull you over .

When tramping leave curtains opened overnight will stop the slashing immediately. Should be company policy if happens often ( I know people shouldn’t be stealing this will prevent theft unless your carry valuable goods lol then your welcoming them)

Diesel nothing you do even with anti syphon system they will break lines but who cares unless your a owner operator

Mate of mine was given a brand new rigid. Parked it one night in a truck park, with security, back door open and cracked N/S curtains. Woke up next morning to O/S curtain cut :open_mouth:

Have had the same in Scotland once .
Gretna services .
Just a machine on board nothing nickable , rear doors open .
Curtain slashed . Police or services not interested .
2 hours later got pulled on A74 one of my tail light bulbs not working .
Great pleasure in pulling me over and telling me .
Oh why were at it let’s check in the back , then checked licence etc etc .typical

You are the security and that overnight cash is your payment for it. You may argue and say its a tax free payment blah blah blah but your taking that cash to stay in the truck so you are ultimately a mobile security guard/ driver

Nearly there again:
You are the security and that overnight cash is your payment for it. You may argue and say its a tax free payment blah blah blah but your taking that cash to stay in the truck so you are ultimately a mobile security guard/ driver

:laughing: :laughing: …The old ‘‘Security guard’’ adage. :unamused:
Is that your own personal theory or repeated Rdc/drivercrap,.either way it is absolute ■■■■■■■■.
You take that cash fir what it is for ‘subsistence’, there is no compulsion to sleep in the cab, you’ll be telling us next we are compelled to sit in our truck to we go to bed…although many do, but that does not make it compulsory nor are you obliged to. :bulb:
Like the o/p’s mate,.I ain’t a shrinking violet either,.I’d fight tooth and nail to defend my home and my wife and family,…and have done, and also if it was my OWN truck they were stealing from…but as for getting into confrontation with some pond life, who is obviously carrying a knife to ■■■■■ your curtains, I don’t get paid nearly enough,.nor am willing to spend time off work afterwards if I come a poor second, which I won’t get paid for either.
It’s called being streetwise and practicing self preservation. :bulb:
Start the engine, blast the horns and if that doesn’t deter them ring the Old Bill…they get paid for this type of stuff…I don’t.

Happy Trucker1:
Have had the same in Scotland once .
Gretna services .
Just a machine on board nothing nickable , rear doors open .
Curtain slashed . Police or services not interested .
2 hours later got pulled on A74 one of my tail light bulbs not working .
Great pleasure in pulling me over and telling me .
Oh why were at it let’s check in the back , then checked licence etc etc .typical

That sort of stuff gets right up my arse,.so I ain’t even going to comment, it will only set off the TN Police apologists. :unamused:
CBA. :neutral_face:

People who many truck drivers refer to as pigs, filth etc and are only there to take money off them aren’t overly bothered about putting much effort into protecting said people who abuse them shocker. Next in news, pope is catholic, bear defecates in woods.

Conor:
People who many truck drivers refer to as pigs, filth etc and are only there to take money off them aren’t overly bothered about putting much effort into protecting said people who abuse them shocker. Next in news, pope is catholic, bear defecates in woods.

I rest my case. :laughing:
Just fir the record ,.I personally have never referred to them as ‘‘filth or pigs’’ .
Money makers?
Guilty as charged,…
But they are still there PRIMARILY to deal with crime, not win a popularity contest,.after saying that if they did concentrate on crime, they WOULD be more popular. :smiley:
Btw…There is ‘abuse,’.and there is ‘relevant and constructive criticism’. :bulb: …arguably deserved.

The police force in 2022 is not fit for purpose. You only have to see plod just standing there whilst Extinction Rebellion are able to block a road and bring the country to a standstill. Up to the 1990’s the bill would have steamed into them with truncheons swinging…now they offer them a cup of tea. This isnt knocking police officers but rather the far left senior officers that control the direction of Uk policing in 2022.
I was in Trafalgar Square on the 31st March 1990, many a truncheon was swinging that day. (look it up you youngsters).

msgyorkie:
The police force in 2022 is not fit for purpose. You only have to see plod just standing there whilst Extinction Rebellion are able to block a road and bring the country to a standstill. Up to the 1990’s the bill would have steamed into them with truncheons swinging…now they offer them a cup of tea. This isnt knocking police officers but rather the far left senior officers that control the direction of Uk policing in 2022.
I was in Trafalgar Square on the 31st March 1990, many a truncheon was swinging that day. (look it up you youngsters).

Thing is, us football fans get beaten black and blue and dogs set on us in 2022 yet these lot get naff all, it makes you wonder if the government and police are in with them…

Sent from my SM-A217F using Tapatalk

You aren’t a paid security guard when overnighting in a truck. You could argue you are an unpaid security guard, as the cash isnt for guarding it.

However, you are in the firing line of any low life that chooses to break in. Drivers are literally sitting ducks, because by the time they realise what’s going on it’s already happened.

Which is why i don’t do it. Much prefer my own bed.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

robroy:

Nearly there again:

Is that your own personal theory or repeated Rdc/drivercrap,.either way it is absolute ■■■■■■■■.
You take that cash fir what it is for ‘subsistence’, there is no compulsion to sleep in the cab, you’ll be telling us next we are compelled to sit in our truck to we go to bed…although many do, but that does not make it compulsory nor are you obliged to. :bulb:
Like the o/p’s mate,.I ain’t a shrinking violet either,.I’d fight tooth and nail to defend my home and my wife and family,…and have done, and also if it was my OWN truck they were stealing from…but as for getting into confrontation with some pond life, who is obviously carrying a knife to ■■■■■ your curtains, I don’t get paid nearly enough,.nor am willing to spend time off work afterwards if I come a poor second, which I won’t get paid for either.
Start the engine, blast the horns and if that doesn’t deter them ring the Old Bill…they get paid for this type of stuff…I don’t.

I knew you would bite with my reply, predictable.

Can I ask since you are so tough, sticking it to the establishment and so edgy ( in your own mind) do you need a wheel barrow for the massive gonads you have ?

I can honestly say on any nights out I’ve never laid on the bunk and thought “hmm, I wonder if my load of someone else stuff is ok” or “I wonder if my bosses diesel is still in situ” :confused:

Nearly there again:

robroy:

Nearly there again:

I knew you would bite with my reply, predictable.

Can I ask since you are so tough, sticking it to the establishment and so edgy ( in your own mind) do you need a wheel barrow for the massive gonads you have ?

:laughing: :laughing:
Sorry for replying, I thought that was what a forum was all about…what was I thinking. :neutral_face:
(I’ll make sure that I agree with you next time,.so as not to upset you so much.)

And thanks for the compliment, but that would be just silly, not to mention damned inconvenient. :smiley:

And surely would mean buying an extra parking ticket for the wheelbarrow too…Wonder if it’d come with its own meal voucher? :bulb:

The simple answer is to stop these companies sending stuff out on curtainsiders that doesn’t need to go in a curtainsider.

Stop these companies that insist on side tipping instead of having bays for box trailers.

A box trailer is infinitely safer than a curtain side trailer. But if they want it they will still find a way to steal it.

Secure parking has always been an issue and will never change.

Insurance companies could easily put a stop to this by refusing to cover items that do not need to be sent in curtain side trailers.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

Just let us own/bring handguns to work (those who want and make the expenses tax-deductible pls)

Does theft from trucks happen abroad as much as it does here?

I have been to Portugal and Poland (not in a truck sadly) recently and trucks seemed to be parked anywhere.

msgyorkie:

I was in Trafalgar Square on the 27th Jan 1990, many a truncheon was swinging that day. (Look it up youngsters and oldies)