Driving HGV in Los Angeles

TheFlyingTanker:

Nearly there again:

Big Truck:

Nearly there again:

Lucy:
(Ps. Although there did used to be a way to do seasonal harvest work as a visitor, IIRC…)

Which was mega shady, I looked into it

H2A temp harvest visa totally legal did it myself back in 2002 with 14 other fellas from NI.
Many others have done it over the years and I still have my expired USA CDL in house.
Will do it again when I retire fingers crossed.

Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk

I spoke to a few farmers and each one stated the same thing, don’t declare anything other than vacation at immigration

Not for me to break immigration law for some fly by night who wanted me available 24 hours a day but its ok as they offerd boarding and food.

Maybe you found better companies and if you did thats good but the ones I spoke to all said the above.

Let’s be honest if your retire and have no one at home and want to live the trucker version of a back packing holiday good luck

I never encountered any farmers like that, sounds like they are completely crazy wanting to play that game (I’m assuming using their own trucks too which can be in rougher / older condition than the norm).

For me I contacted a bona fide haulage company that specialized in Farm work and a petition was issued to take to the US embassy. It’s still like that now going off my recent contact with the same firm.

Re: Farm work. The issue is that nowadays every US state will not issue CDL driving licenses unless you have the proper visa stamped in the passport. I’m pretty sure the VWP (3 month option) isn’t enough. You need an H1A category of similar. Also they don’t recognize UK HGV license categories, you have to sit their provisional test at the very least (if with a CDL holder in the passenger seat of the cab) or the full test for driving solo.

So those farmers not only were asking people to enter to carry out illegal work, but to break ■■ amount of DOT driving laws!

Again you need to do some research as your WRONG ref H2A visas!!!
There are guys from UK/Ireland over there atm working for Custom Cutters on H2A visa and 100% legal and above board.
How do you even think they would get past USA border officials at the airport only having a one way ticket as its not set in stone when they’re coming back home!!!

Do some Googling before posting pure DUNG!!!

Google “Harvest support usa-uk” and get educated!!!

Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk