Agencys for Grantham / Newark / Melton

Hi All.

Have looked on the net, but always interested to know from the drivers view, which agency’s are the good guys.

Any recommendations for Grantham / Newark / Melton areas for agency’s that you guys have had good experience with please?

A lot will depend on what rung of the ladder your on , what reputation you’ve built yourself over the years as a agency driver
Apparently this will define what contract you get , whether you’ll get sick pay , holiday pay , final salary pension , gold plated work gloves free etc , some even get a months hol in Portugal apparently
In my experience of 3 apx years of agency & having built No reputation , are still stuck on the bottom rung of the ladder , I’d just bell up brakes , dhl , xpo etc & go full time
I’ve applied for xpo , you get all of the above without having to build reputations / climb ladders etc & all the rest of the ■■■■■■■■

dozy:
A lot will depend on what rung of the ladder your on , what reputation you’ve built yourself over the years as a agency driver
Apparently this will define what contract you get , whether you’ll get sick pay , holiday pay , final salary pension , gold plated work gloves free etc , some even get a months hol in Portugal apparently
In my experience of 3 apx years of agency & having built No reputation , are still stuck on the bottom rung of the ladder , I’d just bell up brakes , dhl , xpo etc & go full time
I’ve applied for xpo , you get all of the above without having to build reputations / climb ladders etc & all the rest of the [zb]

Thanks, I will try xpo at Easton then. Never saw them advertise so maybe just ring them up.

Staffline (I think) are the agency provider there. Tell them you’ll do a Saturday or a Sunday and they’ll snap your hand off.

dozy:
I’ve applied for xpo , you get all of the above without having to build reputations / climb ladders etc & all the rest of the [zb]

Is HMRC still chasing you for the tax bill from the pseudo 3rd party payroll Company?

peirre:

dozy:

Is HMRC still chasing you for the tax bill from the pseudo 3rd party payroll Company?

No after years of chasing me , telling me I owed them , this , that , changing tax codes I got a letter saying they owed me money , it was only £50 or so , and never heard from them since

Lincstrucker:

dozy:

Thanks, I will try xpo at Easton then. Never saw them advertise so maybe just ring them up.

I’ve seen a view adverts this last year with xpo on them , plus I know a few who’ve gone from agency to full time so that would suggest they want full time drivers there , moaster is you best bet as he works there , my info is all 2 nd hand
Best of luck whatever way you go

the maoster:
Staffline (I think) are the agency provider there. Tell them you’ll do a Saturday or a Sunday and they’ll snap your hand off.

Hi,
I tried staffline today - they said need a years experience to drive for them on the agency which I dont have.
I might try see if I can contact XPO direct at Easton and offer to work sat or sunday shifts to see if it gets a foot in the door.

Lincstrucker:

the maoster:

Hi,
I tried staffline today - they said need a years experience to drive for them on the agency which I dont have.
I might try see if I can contact XPO direct at Easton and offer to work sat or sunday shifts to see if it gets a foot in the door.

I’ll speak to my gaffer tomorrow about that. I can only assume that someone at Staffline has got the wrong end of the stick as they’ve sent new passes in there before, and it certainly isn’t XPO policy as they run a warehouse to wheels programme and previously have stated that if someone holds a licence then the Government have deemed them competent so providing they pass the assessment then there is no reason not to use new drivers.

the maoster:

Lincstrucker:

the maoster:

Hi,

I’ll speak to my gaffer tomorrow about that. I can only assume that someone at Staffline has got the wrong end of the stick as they’ve sent new passes in there before, and it certainly isn’t XPO policy as they run a warehouse to wheels programme and previously have stated that if someone holds a licence then the Government have deemed them competent so providing they pass the assessment then there is no reason not to use new drivers.

Thank you that be good of you.

^^^ I’ll PM you with the upshot of the conversation.

the maoster:

Wasn’t there another TN member looking for a job there.
Can’t for the life of me think who it was.
‘A friend in need’ and all that. :smiley:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

robroy:

the maoster:

Wasn’t there another TN member looking for a job there.
Can’t for the life of me think who it was.
‘A friend in need’ and all that. :smiley:

Actually…

There were two. I made enquiries with the help of a mutual friend. The agency in question despite saying I was perfect for the job, never called me back…three times they never called back.

I know who the other guy is. :smiley: