Yellow box Enfield

Came up from M/S Enfield today…Observed the the two Boxes by McDonald’s and got to the lights.
I’m in the outside lane,Turning right as I’m Heading M25 dartford.
Now…that lane on A10 had a gap but I chose to not go at Green as it was Enough.I waited for the next green and this time the gap looked Big enough.
I took my chance and went but after making the turn and right up to car at the back I could see my rear trailer wheels was clear of the box, but a bit of my trailer was over hanging.

Anyone been done on this section?

Cheers

Firstly not sure what M/S means, I take it you were turning right out of Bullsmoor lane onto the A10, if so that junction must be a nightmare when its busy,
as technically you don’t have to wait for a space in oncoming traffic to turn right at that junction I think you done the right thing & waited, would be surprised
if you were fined for slightly overhanging the box, but stand to be corrected.

Going back to the yellow boxes outside Mcdonalds surely they are just yellow painted lines and can not be enforced or am I wrong.

I know what you mean , come across there no end of times , and never got a ticket , to be honest I’ve ended up in no end of boxes due to cars jumping in front & im yet to get a ticket , can they see the situation through the cameras , ive no idea but as I say never had a ticket & ive been all over the place in London

I assume M/S is shorthand for Marks & Spencer.

A box junction consists only of yellow painted lines. No other signage or words are needed. Assuming they are authorised by a relevant Traffic Order, they are enforceable.

Note thought that the offence is not committed when you stop, rather it is committed when you enter the box if your exit is not clear - at camera-enforced junctions this is recorded on video which can be produced if the case is contested.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

It was around 5.20pm and it was crazy.
M/S=Mark & Spencer (Gist RDC)
The wagon behind me did not follow me as he Noticed the space Etc.

Thing is…The A10 corridor just fills the space up which means that the right turn I’m referring to Never gets going if in a Artic.

Either way if I get a Nip I’ll have to just except it but,Seems wrong…
I did not block the opposite side little right turning,My wheels were out the box but I’m sure my trailer was slight over yellow line.
Not sure if there is any allowance…Most probably not.

Cheers for the replys

That junction is a nightmare and whatever they’re doing with the M25 jct 1/4 mile away is making it worse not better.
I’ve found alternative routes now and avoid the mayhem there whenever possible.

Roymondo:
A box junction consists only of yellow painted lines. No other signage or words are needed. Assuming they are authorised by a relevant Traffic Order, they are enforceable.

I thought box junctions were only enforceable at road junction/intersections & outside of Police,Fire & Ambulance stations.

dave docwra:

Roymondo:

I thought box junctions were only enforceable at road junction/intersections & outside of Police,Fire & Ambulance stations.

If there’s a Traffic Order they are enforceable, if there’s no Traffic Order the relevant Highways authority won’t apply the yellow “box junction” road markings (instead you’ll see the white “Keep Clear” markings). But while the first one is arguably a private entrance (depends on the legal status of the loop around McDonalds), the second one certainly is a junction.

buses:
It was around 5.20pm and it was crazy.
M/S=Mark & Spencer (Gist RDC)
The wagon behind me did not follow me as he Noticed the space Etc.

Thing is…The A10 corridor just fills the space up which means that the right turn I’m referring to Never gets going if in a Artic.

Either way if I get a Nip I’ll have to just except it but,Seems wrong…
I did not block the opposite side little right turning,My wheels were out the box but I’m sure my trailer was slight over yellow line.
Not sure if there is any allowance…Most probably not.

Cheers for the replys

You could always turn right at the lights before the box junctions and go A1010 through Waltham Cross (it’s all dual carriageway and roundabouts) to pick up the A10 on the other side of the M25. Adds about 1/2 a mile and five minutes (if that) to the journey.

Totally ignore it.
Traffic from the straight ahead lane will come around the outside,and fill any space up…before you’ve completed your manoeuvre

VOID

dozy:
I know what you mean , come across there no end of times , and never got a ticket , to be honest I’ve ended up in no end of boxes due to cars jumping in front & im yet to get a ticket , can they see the situation through the cameras , ive no idea but as I say never had a ticket & ive been all over the place in London

Normally it’s automatically done, they’ll send the fine through regardless of circumstances and ten you can choose to appeal it for whatever reason. I don’t know what it’s like outside of London but TFL yellow box cameras record the event too so that a fuller picture cam be gained if there’s a future appeal.

Turning right is exempt from box junction rules.Youre allowed to enter it and wait in it.Onviously not if it’s a filter lane controlled by lights and a stop line.

Yes a number of Enfield Gist drivers have been caught out by it already, just the trailer hanging over the box.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

simcor:
Yes a number of Enfield Gist drivers have been caught out by it already, just the trailer hanging over the box.

How come parking laws all depend on whether you have a wheel on a yellow line, but they can enforce a box based on overhang?

stu675:

simcor:

How come parking laws all depend on whether you have a wheel on a yellow line, but they can enforce a box based on overhang?

Because…

It’s very little to do with law and much more to do with raising revenue. The law bit is the to cover the extortion of money for the most minor of infringements in a system (the yellow box) that doesn’t work for lorries because we’re too big to fit in most cases.

Ker-ching!

yourhavingalarf:

stu675:

simcor:

Because…

It’s very little to do with law and much more to do with raising revenue. The law bit is the to cover the extortion of money for the most minor of infringements in a system (the yellow box) that doesn’t work for lorries because we’re too big to fit in most cases.

Ker-ching!

It’s because an overhanging trailer obstructs free movement through the box junction just as surely as one whose wheels are still in said box. This is why the things had to be invented in the first place.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Roymondo:
This is why the things had to be invented in the first place.

In the real world even Stevie Wonder can see that they are more often a revenue raising scam.
Taking maximum advantage of laughably deliberately mistimed multiple traffic lights in which the leading set are conveniently timed to turn red as the preceding set turn green.
No surprise there is rarely a box on the leading set in the series.

stu675:

simcor:

It’s London, a car driver had a ticket stuck on his car because the cars shadow from the sun was over a disabled parking bay allegedly, curtesy of Black Belt Barrister https://youtu.be/x_HHCFkDuw0