Tyre replace vs taking a break

Is it legal to take a break at that Time?

Are you going to be able to freely dispose of your time?

Yes you can take a break you are not working unless you are doing anything work related.

As for the “freely able to dispose of your time” that applies to daily or weekly rest not breaks.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

Acorn:
Are you going to be able to freely dispose of your time?

See above applies to daily or weekly rest not breaks.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

As has been said, as long as you’re not working you can book the time as break.

Yes

Yeah these terms often get mixed up.

“Freely dispose” is weekly/daily rest.

A break is a period used “exclusively for rest and recuperation”

Depending on circumstances then it depends on whether you could call it a break. Waiting for a tyre fitter on a hard shoulder? Not legally parked so no break - POA providing you’ve been told the regular 60-90 min thing.

However waiting for a tyre fitter on a site or having managed to park out the way/in a layby etc etc? Yeah you could call that a break.

If u are having a break then it is a break, if u are waiting for a tyre fitter and have parked your lorry in safe space still not a break. We all driver need to think why should we press break button when we are waiting for someone or waiting for bay its our working time. Thats way i am thinking

If you are sat doing nothing bar playing on your phone, how is that other work? Jesus why is everyone so scared of what your tacho says. If you are parading up and down outside your truck waiting for the tyre fitter, maybe thats not a break. If you are sat watching youtube, thats a break.

Swordsy:
If you are sat doing nothing bar playing on your phone, how is that other work? Jesus why is everyone so scared of what your tacho says. If you are parading up and down outside your truck waiting for the tyre fitter, maybe thats not a break. If you are sat watching youtube, thats a break.

:laughing: :laughing:
Could not have put it better myself.
Too many getting so het up about ■■■■ all.

Ooh I’ve gone 5 mins over my time.
Ooh I’ve got x no of infringements…should I end it all . :unamused:

I had a windscreen changed the other evening , when they decided to turn up I just scowled at them whilst looking at my watch

I honestly despair of people in this job nowadays, I mean why would anybody even ask this question? If your wrestling a super single off your trailer and bunging a spare on, call that other work if you want. If your watching tik toks on your phone for a couple of hours til a van arrives I know where my mode switch would be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was about to stop yesterday for a 45 when a couple of miles short of where I know there a couple of good laybys I came to a halt in traffic with no oncoming traffic. After a couple of minutes I looked it up so see if it was roadworks etc but Google was reporting a crash at the junction just ahead. After about 5 minutes I put it on break thinking I might get 15 minutes. The way around is about 30 mins so it was worth staying a while. After my 45 had reset my time I turned around and took the lengthy detour.

I didn’t do any work whilst sat waiting, it would seem daft to then stop again for another 45 minutes and just make my day longer.

Irritatingly just after turning back the other way I passed a Scania 6w hiab, I then saw the same truck at the point at the same time where my detour rejoined the original route so I could have stayed another half hour!

GOG47:
I honestly despair of people in this job nowadays, I mean why would anybody even ask this question? If your wrestling a super single off your trailer and bunging a spare on, call that other work if you want. If your watching tik toks on your phone for a couple of hours til a van arrives I know where my mode switch would be

It’s because they are fed all this b/s about the ultimate seriousness of tacho rules,.they also think because they have a licence VOSA or whatever tf,.DVSA own them…aka brainwashed.
Yes tacho rules are serious, but you are allowed to make genuine mistakes, they are only interested in habitual and/or blatant law breaking,.9 times out if 10 they are fine about stuff with genuine people.
Also a bit of common sense and lateral thinking answers the most ridiculous questions if you think them through yourself before asking them. :bulb:

Johny Bravo:
Is it legal to take a break at that Time?

Yes but don’t be cleaning your mirrors whilst doing so in case the gestapo are watching :laughing:

Depends if it benefits me or not.

GOG47:

Well, isn’t it the case that “waiting” would be other work? Do you get payed for extended breaks at the same rate? Sorry it’s it’s a daft reply I’m very very new to this

I’m salaried so on break it is

toonsy:
Depending on circumstances then it depends on whether you could call it a break. Waiting for a tyre fitter on a hard shoulder? Not legally parked so no break -

Have you got a link to this little gem?