Curtins v Van

Would you rather have a curtin sided vehicle and deal with the curtins, straps and so on or a van and have to pump truck things on and off the truck

Macski:
Would you rather have a curtin sided vehicle and deal with the curtins, straps and so on or a van and have to pump truck things on and off the truck

I think by “van” you mean box trailers.

I don’t really mind. Both have pros and cons.
Done both.

Decker curtains are a liability in high winds.

I dont tend to get involved with loading. I try and pick the jobs with little to no hand ball.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Hard sided trailer for me every time. On the rare occasion i pump truck anything on or off it’s exercise of a sort and judicial use of air suspension means that you can get gravity to do the hard work for you.

Sod trying to operate curtains and strapping everything to the Nth degree when the rain is coming in horizontally and the curtain poles are flying around trying to behead you.

You seem to have omitted the RDC option where warehouse staff do everything.

stu675:
You seem to have omitted the RDC option where warehouse staff do everything.

Unless it’s Aldi or Lidl and possibly others where you still have to self tip yourself.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

A box van or box trailer for me every time, I’ve never had a problem with using a pump truck so moving pallets to or from the back of the trailer wouldn’t be an issue as far as I’m concerned, taking pallets on/off the vehicle on the tail lift is also no problem as far as I’m concerned.

Solid walls…

It’s a no brainer as far as I’m concerned. 95% of my day entails other people putting it in and taking it out whilst I snooze gently on the bunk.
If anything, I’d take ropes and sheets over curtains.