M61 shut car transport overturned

Radio and local news saying m61 shut car transport gone over.
Guessing they mean an artic one ?as I can’t find any pictures online all says is car transport has gone over.
If it is an artic one how that even possible?
Theres plenty of open space for the wind to blow though.
Plus i imagine there heavy.
So not sure really.
Can’t find much info about it really

Wag and drag

facebook.com/10000227943897 … 798297319/

bubsy06:
Wag and drag

facebook.com/10000227943897 … 798297319/

Link not working. What do you mean? A typical artic that can fit a couple on the unit and 10 behind?

It isn’t an artic as such it’s a wag’n drag with the towing hitch behind the drive axle and depending how loaded very very easy to find the tail wagging the dog.
A number of rollovers of car transporters over the years have been entirely due to unrecoverable swaying, no idea if that’s the cause here the trailer looks sensibly loaded enough to me.

The genuine articulated car carrier with a full sized semi trailer including peak over the cab was a fantastically stable design, you could throw them around with gay abandon, about the only time they would present a problem would be the obvious scenario where the bottom deck(s) were empty during a multi drop leaving the top deck only fully loaded, on many designs the entire top deck was fixed and all you could do was pivot the thing down at the back hinged at the front of the trailer frame, but if you had a car on the peak that wasn’t possible because as the back went down the peak lifted.

Yes the prime mover here is indeed a low cabbed tractor unit, usually capable of carrying 4 vehicles leaving 7 (sometimes 8 ) for the trailer, but it isn’t an artic and these designs handle nothing like a standard semi trailer articulated vehicle.

I watched it can’t remember name now.
Was wag drag transporter light blue colour see them a lot can’t remember the name.of them.
Ones with big heavy post .
Either way somehow. Managed to overturn the front part cab part was on its side back half was intact.
Left trial of destruction few cars along way smashed. Up.
Clear and obviously the video was being filmed by a passing car driver using his phone as driving which is illegal these days anyway.

it was One of these