Motorway service stations

Just a note about a couple of service stations I frequented yesterday.
Firstly went into the large services on the A14 near Cambridge , don’t go that way too often so never seen them before .
Thought the parking area was large clean with decent size bays with plenty of turning / reversing room as well. Didn’t go into the main building so can’t comment.
Also frequented Cherwell valley my first time in there .
Due to circumstances had to night out there . Firstly thought the main building was decent plenty of food outlets and lots of space to sit and chill if you want some time out of the cab .
Also must praise the cleanliness of both toilets & showers both spotless with plenty of showers with piping hot water.
As for the parking area well lit decent surface and plenty of room to walk / run ( like I did ) around a large parking area , one major problem for me ( or where I was parked ) was the amount of overnight trailer swaps .
Just my thoughts normally never stay in service stations if I can help it but apart from the trailer swaps oh and price for parking £30 thought Cherwell valley was pretty decent facility wise.

Rothwell truck stop isn’t a bad place really.
Thing with Cambridge since they altered the A14 is a fair drive to get in there …I’m sure they could of constructed a more direct slip road

I tried visiting the services at the Five ways roundabout near Mildenhall on the a1065 exit, nowhere ti park a hgv except directly at the pumps. Obviously lorry drivers not welcome there haha. Theresa McD there not much else, fuel by Shell. Poorly signed 1 way layout, markings faded, tight when leaving on the way out.

Typical
Had to have another night out in a service station because circumstances .
This time we wetherby,
Again very much like Cherwell valley decent main building with plenty of food outlets
Also toilets & showers very clean and hot .
As for the parking , separate section fenced off decent amount of parking space and surface but very busy all through the night as trucks need to come through the car park to get fuel .

rarely have a night out at present,but when i do i stop at Cherwell Valley,and get in a far corner out of the way. occasionally stopped at Jacks’ Hill,but that’s gone now :frowning: . Nortampton/Rothersthorpe n/b alway’s seems rammed at whatever time of day you go in for a break…a few times i’ve had to pull out and carry on up to ‘the gap’.