BUSTED! Sneaky Coppers In Unmarked Tractor Unit

M1 northbound, South Yorkshire 3 weeks ago… With my experience and background, I can’t believe I didn’t spot them :unamused:
Got pulled in to Woodall by a marked car and reported for eating a bag of crisps…aren’t they just a bunch of heroes?
Anyway, you can learn from my mistake…it’s a plain white DAF CF with 2 blokes in it. The Bobby that dealt with me said it’s owned by DVSA, is unlimited and has covert blue lights and a siren. Various police forces around the country apply to use it for a week or so to catch naughty truckers having a snack at the wheel (and other stuff, of course). I know they exist, have done for years, hence why I’m so annoyed with myself.
Personally, I think it could be put to better use nicking those pesky fridges and tippers who’s interpretation of 56mph seems a but skewed, or Euro truckers doing 20 hour drives etc.
Bar-stewards.

Just view any solo unit as probably being the law.Just like seeing the old Rover P6 headlights and sidelight pattern in the mirrors.
Sneaky would mean pulling a trailer.

How much did it cost you?

Only drive at night so no issues here unless they a) start driving at night and b) start using night vision cameras

ETS:

Only drive at night so no issues here unless they a) start driving at night and b) start using night vision cameras

I haven’t heard anything yet, cops said I wasn’t in proper control, I said I was.

Not a driver on TNUK could admit they have never had “meals on wheels” but like you say your experience should have made you more aware

Headline should not read sneaky cops but DOPEY DRIVER NOT AWARE OF SURROUNDINGS
[emoji849][emoji849]

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

polytrotter:
Headline should not read sneaky cops but DOPEY DRIVER NOT AWARE OF SURROUNDINGS
[emoji849][emoji849]

Easy to point the finger…

It’s alot easier to pay attention to ya surroundings and lets be honest how many plain white 4x2 Daf units are you gonna see cruising up a motorway solo [emoji848]
Ever since I saw 1 of these tear off up the M5 near Strensham just after they’d first introduced them I’ve looked out for said tractor unit.[emoji106] which the OP will do from now on [emoji1696]

The one used round here is RJ70JOU I saw it a few weeks ago being driven well over 60 coming in to a 40 at Derby on the A38 where there was standing traffic ,you can’t educate pork !

There but for the grace etc go most of us who ain’t perfect cyborgs.

Timely reminder mate, much obliged.

Also, to pay it back, now the better weather is here look out for hand held radar guns in towns and villages, more likely to affect you when commuting in your car or motorbike, warm spell few weeks ago 2 x hand held guns in use in two different towns and the camera van in one of the villages.
The perfect here never stray inadvertantly over the limit, so this doesn’t apply to you :wink:

Shrek:

ETS:

I haven’t heard anything yet, cops said I wasn’t in proper control, I said I was.

Daft question… but were you using 2 hands?.., like holding bag in one with the wheel, and eating with the other, or bag on dash using one hand?
Because afaik it ain’t illegal to drive with one hand,… I do it most of the time in fact. :blush:

I reckon you’ll get away with a caution…but what do I know. :smiley:

I agree with them looking out for phone use and txt ing for instance , but doing somebody for that, or drinking a coffee is way ott imo,
Unless you’re some inept idiot you can do both and keep your eyes on the road (not together :smiley: ) but it’s all’‘what ifs’’ and tge land of theory/revenue with them.

Unlucky…i bet they were proud of themselves that day catching you eating a packet of crisps… im sure it would go down as one of their greatest achievements :unamused:

i spotted a foreign trucker last week watching a laptop on their dashboard, and they had curtains on the windscreen where they can hardly see out of, and to top it off they were going approx 45mph. pathetic.

i recently did a CPC Course and apparently the new smart motorways have cameras that can identify if your eating or on a phone, so be careful on the smart motorways

Punchy Dan:
The one used round here is RJ70JOU I saw it a few weeks ago being driven well over 60 coming in to a 40 at Derby on the A38 where there was standing traffic ,you can’t educate pork !

You should have been like our resident TN ‘Copper’s nark’’ and quote’…‘‘Called them in’’. :laughing:
That would have bern a good one when the coppers at control checked the reg on computer, but it’s one rule for them,. and another for us, :unamused:
Hey! …they were probably on a high priority emergency mission, to catch matey eating his ready salteds. :laughing:

I’ll bet them police cheeky buggers confiscated that bag of crisps and I’ll also bet they never made it to the evidence room. :open_mouth:

■■■■ the pigs.

I wonder if they would of done the same if they caught you picking your nose.

AnotherDriver:
i recently did a CPC Course and apparently the new smart motorways have cameras that can identify if your eating or on a phone, so be careful on the smart motorways

We don’t have any smart motorways round our way, but we do have the camera vans. They’ll spot you eating, drinking, being on your phone, not wearing a seatbelt, speeding, basically anything and everything.

Cameras work day and night, and the new generation will spot your indiscretions from up to 750 metres away :open_mouth:

polytrotter:
It’s alot easier to pay attention to ya surroundings and lets be honest how many plain white 4x2 Daf units are you gonna see cruising up a motorway solo [emoji848]
Ever since I saw 1 of these tear off up the M5 near Strensham just after they’d first introduced them I’ve looked out for said tractor unit.[emoji106] which the OP will do from now on [emoji1696]

That’s given em ideas.
Dark red 6 axle artics next probably with a hired curtainsider trailer.
A bit like going from white marked up Opel Senators to black BMWs and blue lights only fitted behind the grille.Sneaky indeed.
We’re the Sweeney son and we haven’t had any dinner so you’re nicked and so are your crisps.Well take the flask of coffee or tea or your can of coke too.

Eating a packet of crisps , they passed me a year ish ago going southbound m1 from notts to Leicester , I was drinking a coffee & they didn’t pull me over

Shrek:

ETS:

Tell them you don’t drive with your mouth.

Other than that, cut them some slack. Now that the Police don’t have any criminals to catch they’ve got to find something to fill the time. :stuck_out_tongue:

Is it illegal to eat or drink when u driving? I think it was just phone