Waiting rooms creeping back in?

I do a lot of DCs for my sins, which have been much better places the past year or so as we’ve been allowed to chill in our cabs whilst being tipped nice & easy. No dramas or disasters have come about as a result.

I arrive at Tesco Thurrock last night and the chairs are all back out and drivers told to lock their units and stay in the waiting room. A spattering of rebellion but most drivers compliant. Fradley today the chairs are all back out, all the covid stuff (screens etc.) gone but still allowed in cabs, for now.

I’m pretty worried and hacked off about it to be honest. God forbid Sainsburys Stoke bring back their waiting room. :cry:

Maybe time to get into other sectors that don’t involve prison holding cells.
I’d never go back to such work.

It was always going to happen at some point. Only good thing to come from COVID for truck drivers.

As for Stoke Sainsbury’s what’s not to like, leather settees with slobby inconsiderate neanderthals sprawling out on them snoring like warthogs.

As for Tosco well nothing new there and 3 and 4 hour waiting times yet the stores have less and less lines these days blaming COVID, driver shortage, Brexit and probably even the chip supply issues, they do chips you know [emoji12]

Sadly nothing changes for the better in the long run.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

Worried about it , prison holding cells ha ha , just shut your bloody eyes & go asleep

There will be some arse hole in an office that will re.introduce it as a ‘‘Health and Safety’’ issue, to justify his non job ,.(despite the fact that there will have been more than likely been no incidents in the last couple of years to justify it.)

Situation not helped by the way by some of the usual suspect ‘‘not a minute to spare/heart attack waiting to happen’’ type of drivers that I have seen at Tesco Livingston, who have continued to stand in the waiting room watching the screen like their lives depended on it, rather than go back to their trucks and relax for an hour,.who will have been noticed by the staff :unamused:

What happens if you politley decline their first class facilities and instead opt to continue using your cab?

I’m currently tipping at Iceland Swindon, a place which normally tops the league of ■■■■ distribution centres and there’s no hint of changing the system currently in place which sees us sitting in our lorries.

If I went to a place that insisted on us being held in a cell I’d request to speak to the site H&S rep and spin him/her some ■■■■■■■■ about having a heart condition that precludes me from being vaccinated and therefore I’d like it in writing signed by them that I must sit in their cell. I think that they might not be so keen in that case.

the maoster:
I’m currently tipping at Iceland Swindon, a place which normally tops the league of ■■■■ distribution centres and there’s no hint of changing the system currently in place which sees us sitting in our lorries.

If I went to a place that insisted on us being held in a cell I’d request to speak to the site H&S rep and spin him/her some ■■■■■■■■ about having a heart condition that precludes me from being vaccinated and therefore I’d like it in writing signed by them that I must sit in their cell. I think that they might not be so keen in that case.

good call that, However Mr slim sat in his health and safety office will already have a counter argument on offer, you see its there job to be one step ahead of the driver

None of this crap on the tankers.

Juddian:
Maybe time to get into other sectors that don’t involve prison holding cells.
I’d never go back to such work.

It is not often these days that I wholeheartedly agree with Juddian, but on this occasion he’s spot on.

the maoster:

Give my “love” to Angie. So glad i retired and do not have to go to that hellhole ever again

SWEDISH BLUE:
Give my “love” to Angie. So glad i retired and do not have to go to that hellhole ever again

I’ll pass your love to the ever delightful Angie. I’ll pass it using one of them long sticks that zoo keepers use to feed particularly dangerous creatures

the maoster:

Also remind them that covid hasn’t gone away, when did they last clean the area, could you see the risk assessment they used to re-use waiting rooms,and will they pay your sick time as you are clinical vulnerable…

robroy:
There will be some arse hole in an office that will re.introduce it as a ‘‘Health and Safety’’ issue, to justify his non job ,.(despite the fact that there will have been more than likely been no incidents in the last couple of years to justify it.)

Situation not helped by the way by some of the usual suspect ‘‘not a minute to spare/heart attack waiting to happen’’ type of drivers that I have seen at Tesco Livingston, who have continued to stand in the waiting room watching the screen like their lives depended on it, rather than go back to their trucks and relax for an hour,.who will have been noticed by the staff :unamused:

Yes I know what you mean about Tesco Livingston
Been there a fair few times have seen drivers stood by the coffee machine from the minute they get there until they leave moaning and groaning and telling every driver that goes in there , there problems .
Meanwhile I’m happily feet up in the passenger seat munching away / chilling reading or what ever with drivers mirror perfectly placed to see the RED light turn to green, then I will take a leisurely stroll down to collect keys and paperwork and be on my way stress free , watered and fed .

Ha! Leisurely stroll ^^^ you wanna try that if you’re delivering frozen. I can get my daily step count in delivering there. I swear that the frozen bays are in Edinburgh and goods in is in Glasgow! :imp: :imp:

the maoster:
Ha! Leisurely stroll ^^^ you wanna try that if you’re delivering frozen. I can get my daily step count in delivering there. I swear that the frozen bays are in Edinburgh and goods in is in Glasgow! :imp: :imp:

I deliver to the brookers part of Tesco bays 723 727 area that’s a fair walk aswell

Simples, just refuse to deliver to places that require you to use waiting rooms, they are a very sexist thing anyway

zaax:
Simples, just refuse to deliver to places that require you to use waiting rooms, they are a very sexist thing anyway

Not quite that…

Simple. If you’re an agency man and say you won’t be tipping at these places, your text messages with work offers will soon dry up.

zaax:

Waiting rooms sexist? That’s a new one…

Well, I’m visiting someone in a hospice, and I cannot pick up covid or I’ll not be able to visit, as I have to show proof of negative test to get in. There’s no way I’m cutting my extremely limited time with my loved one short for the sake of delivering crisps and bog roll to an RDC.