When was the last time you was stopped by dvsa/vosa?

Have held my license for 5yrs, been with many companies from small family firms to mostly big blue chip companies and have been stopped 0 times.
No I’m not complaining but just curious, have seen dvsa parked on motorway verges + at service station and they have never bothered me

so when the last time/often you been stopped?

TruckDriverBen:
Have held my license for 5yrs, been with many companies from small family firms to mostly big blue chip companies and have been stopped 0 times.
No I’m not complaining but just curious, have seen dvsa parked on motorway verges + at service station and they have never bothered me

so when the last time/often you been stopped?

Never…but my firm is on the green step of OCRS

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

It was 6 months before. I have been driving since 2019. Has been stopped once in M25 services.

Got stopped by Hampshire’s finest CVU on the A34 on Thursday morning , pulled me in to Sutton Scotney services ( which was ironic because I was going in there anyway :laughing: )
All because there was some small buldges in my curtain from the 6ft tall bulk bags of plastic regrinds I had on board :unamused:
Any way showed him load was strapped ok and cross strapped on the rear , he also downloaded the head and my card and was happy with them :smiley:
I got him to sign a print out once my card was back in to say he’d took it out to do a head down load ,
Then we had a little chat abut fuel prices and mpg of cars and trucks and the Telsa police car they were trying out .

Before 2008. Can’t even remember but I stopped driving in 2008 for a while and haven’t been stopped since coming back. I do remember being stopped at Beattock once and when I drove in they took one look at whose lorry it was, said they weren’t bothered about checking it and let me go on my way.

Regularly at least 3 times a month when driving lhd foreign regs trucks, which was a bit of an occupational hazard that you got used to eventually,.and tbf they were very amicable 99% 9f the time, because I approached them with the right attitude.
Only problem I ever had was this snotty kid who could not get around the fact I had 3 different number plates on, …ie unit, trailer,.and kooi (moffet) but his superior sorted him out in the end, it didn’t go down to well when I told the kid to give the Belgian government a bell and tell them that HE did not think their system was ok. :smiley:
Other than that in present job…twice in 13 years, both with no probs, once at Beattock,
once somewgere near Hereford.

Oh yeh I was once on a break at Frankley and this very officious guy knocked on cab to check my fuel (Customs and Excise ?) I told him to come back after my break,.and it got a bit heated, until again his boss came over to see what the shouting was about,.and he backed me up.

Got stopped by Ministry many years ago when taking Class 3 test. :open_mouth:

On the coaches I pulled in at Watford Gap for a break and there was a van in the coach park and the VOSA guy came over and did the most half hearted two minute lookover ever.

Never been pulled in off the road here in the UK.

On the continent quite a bit. Again never any real issues though. The Dutch used to pull us into Hazeldonk quite often and their reasoning was that they knew we’d be good so it was an easy check for their stats for the day :laughing:

SWEDISH BLUE:
Got stopped by Ministry many years ago when taking Class 3 test. :open_mouth:

Did you pass?

10 years driving 3 times.
Remember once was working for law/pallet line baydock park.
Police were out in force near Liverpool stopping everybody.
I was waved in they found no problems. All good
But when was pulled in I rang office just to inform them been pulled in .
The abuse I got on the phone why did you stop.
I said stopping everybody I wasn’t driving bad or on the phone were stopping everybody.
Office even told me drive off drive off give them details say your be back later you have am deliveres to do have timed deliveres tell them your come.back later.
Needles to say I ignored there advice.
And spent rest of day driving slower than usual just to be awakrd

Apx 4 my nths ago , last 5 years have been 3/5 times p/a for last 5 yrs , gets tiresome at times , I just refuse to bow down to them , ( all this crap you read on here about passing some pathetic attitude test ) , I just don’t interact with them
There not interested in safety just how much money & hassle they can cause you , I mean, magistrates court, 3 ■■■■■■■ judges & a dvla solicitor for 5/6 mins without a card
Nb I’ve no issue with t/c , my interaction with them have always been ok , maybe they need to have a word with the idiots below them
Previous to last 5 yrs , apx 15 yrs , never stopped

Once in 1997 Leatherhead ministry weighbridge in an artic tipper, got told off for 38040kgs, don’t think they noticed the overload on the front axle.

Never this century. Leaving aside OCRS scores it is possible to drive in a manner that does not attract attention. That’s how I drive, or at least attempt to.

edd1974:
10 years driving 3 times.
Remember once was working for law/pallet line baydock park.
Police were out in force near Liverpool stopping everybody.
I was waved in they found no problems. All good :imp:
But when was pulled in I rang office just to inform them been pulled in .
The abuse I got on the phone why did you stop.
I said stopping everybody I wasn’t driving bad or on the phone were stopping everybody.
Office even told me drive off drive off give them details say your be back later you have am deliveres to do have timed deliveres tell them your come.back later.
Needles to say I ignored there advice.
And spent rest of day driving slower than usual just to be awakrd

So your prized muppet of a planner would have you charged and finned for failing to follow the instructions of a police office :imp: , plus the offence of failing to stop
The failing to stop for check would affect their score , but would have given you a criminal record if taken to court

robroy:
Regularly at least 3 times a month when driving lhd foreign regs trucks, which was a bit of an occupational hazard that you got used to eventually,.and tbf they were very amicable 99% 9f the time, because I approached them with the right attitude.

This. I once covered a guy who worked for another subby who was a TM at a manufacturing company but ran his own wagon at the shipping company we were hauling for when he went on holiday. His unit was a proper shed, one of the really old Mercedes as in 1980s old and this was the mid 1990s. Weighbridge on A63 near South Cave was open so I pulled onto it and pointed out a few things they should take a look at such as the brake valve bracket snapped off the chassis crossmember, little things like that. Wheeltapper asked me how long it’d take to get to the yard which was basically Hull docks and wrote me a GV9 to come into force an hour later. Bloke whose motor it was was less than impressed. Must’ve been bad when he’d took it to get the GV9 removed because next time I saw the driver he was in a very nice looking Volvo F10 looking much happier with life.

Conor:

robroy:

This. I once covered a guy who worked for another subby who was a TM at a manufacturing company but ran his own wagon at the shipping company we were hauling for when he went on holiday. His unit was a proper shed, one of the really old Mercedes as in 1980s old and this was the mid 1990s. Weighbridge on A63 near South Cave was open so I pulled onto it and pointed out a few things they should take a look at such as the brake valve bracket snapped off the chassis crossmember, little things like that. Wheeltapper asked me how long it’d take to get to the yard which was basically Hull docks and wrote me a GV9 to come into force an hour later. Bloke whose motor it was was less than impressed. Must’ve been bad when he’d took it to get the GV9 removed because next time I saw the driver he was in a very nice looking Volvo F10 looking much happier with life.

Sounds like bull ■■■■ to me ,I have no doubt you grassed but getting a gv9 to start after 1 hour :unamused:

Punchy Dan:

Conor:

robroy:

Sounds like bull [zb] to me ,I have no doubt you grassed but getting a gv9 to start after 1 hour :unamused:

Its called a delayed prohibition. I’ve had one myself.

Conor:

robroy:

I personally would have gone about it in a very different way.
I’d have approached the owner, and warn and point out about the state of his motor, to give him a chance to sort it,.telling him I would not be taking it out again.
And if I felt THAT bad about it, warn him that VOSA may be interested in it in a veiled threat sort of a way.
What I wouldn’t do is drop him in the ■■■■ as a first option :unamused: …, but then you yourself have pointed out in the past how different I am to you Conor…(Thank Christ :smiley: )

trevorking1964:

Punchy Dan:

Conor:

robroy:

Sounds like bull [zb] to me ,I have no doubt you grassed but getting a gv9 to start after 1 hour :unamused:

Its called a delayed prohibition. I’ve had one myself.

Brake valve hanging by pipes not really delayed prohibition more like instant .

Nottingham…

Over 15 years ago on a night shift for WH Malcolm. They downloaded the card and went around the whole outfit tapping every nut and bolt they could find. They found no problems and I was on my way after 15 minutes. He mentioned that I should be doing manual entries and that the steer axle on the trailer was in the locked position, It was in the locked position cos every time I went to reverse it, it steered the wrong bleedin’ way.
The McDowell from Keighley truck had been there over half an hour and was still explaining the various ‘discrepancies’ that had appeared on his card.

In Europe, once or twice a week.