Winter tyres

Possibly set…

Up, who knows these days.

reddit.com/r/IdiotsInCars/c … ve_an_suv/

Hard to tell but the Fiat might have spikes.

In the comments it says Panda 4 x 4, if that is on winter tyres and the Chelsea tractor is on summer tyres its not a wonder the Panda ■■■■■■ it.

Whoever was driving the CT was giving it way too much revs making it spin instead of grip.

How is it so many people don’t understand torque? They’re ■■■■■■■ punching the gas. If you’re stuck in anything, especially ice, you ease into the gas and build momentum slowly. This ■■■■■■■ idiot wants to go now and they’re not going anywhere because of it. Cars aren’t magic.

yourhavingalarf:
Possibly set…

Up, who knows these days.

reddit.com/r/IdiotsInCars/c … ve_an_suv/

Hard to tell but the Fiat might have spikes.

Both 4x4 cars.
As Rangie spins wheels the tyres seem all black…smoothish. The Panda has white, snow clad, tyres maybe showing how well they are gripping the snow, not slipping on it.
See how the Panda chucks up lumps of white stuff? The Rangie is further off, but can`t see owt thrown up. No grip.
Worn out m-way tyres? Against heavy tread/studs/chains/socks?

Different tyres and away you go…
…or don`t. :smiley:

UK Panda 4x4’s came new on winter tyres when i used to deliver them, mostly Continentals so they weren’t cheaping out.

There’s a bunch of enthusiasts post on Youtube who go seeking out mud and snow in their Pandas, decent set of suitable tyres and a bit of nous its surprising the places they can go.

Juddian:
UK Panda 4x4’s came new on winter tyres when i used to deliver them, mostly Continentals so they weren’t cheaping out.

My neighbour…

Had one of those (the boxy one in the 90s I guess). He swore by it, said it was bullet proof and never let him down at all.

yourhavingalarf:

Juddian:

My neighbour…

Had one of those (the boxy one in the 90s I guess). He swore by it, said it was bullet proof and never let him down at all.

The Suzuki jimny has a great reputation for off road capability and reliability -

youtu.be/xOqL9KXUciM?t=240

Seen it yonks ago. Why would it be set up?

Range rover on summer tyres and diesel probably with bags of torque and heavy.

Panda 4x4 probably small petrol engine possibly on winter tyres and light and a very capable little 4 wheel drive.

People often underestimate how good the panda 4x4 cars are in tricky weather and also off road.

Similarly as mentioned the Suzuki Jimny is also a very capable off roader.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

We used to have an 08 plate diesel panda, bought from new that was no slouch in snow. Just had ordinary road tyres on, but was so torquey (is that a word?)that you just needed to gently ease up the clutch and idle Speed would take it over snow and ice with no fuss or bother. A much under rated motor, and far more versatile than the 500 which shares its mechanicals and floorpan.

I had a Nissan Micra on snow and mud tyres because I went skiing in the 80s. That thing would pass all sorts of stuck cars and 4x4s the drivers would be revving away and getting nowhere.

Even if the Range Rover did get going, it wouldn’t be able to stop.

It’s very dangerous driving on summer tyres in those conditions.

Always fit tyres that have the 3PMSF (3 Peak Mountain Snow Flake) symbol if you are going to be driving in the snow. This symbol means that the tyres have been tested to have good traction in the snow. Compared to summer tyres, 3PMSF tyres will stop twice as quickly in the snow.

Enter currywürst in 5…4…3…