TASCC Bulk Tipper Drivers

No, not a rant about tearing around and generally cutting everyone up :laughing:

I’ve been on a new job since Christmas on a Tascc bulker. I did some bulk blower/tipper work before I went to Asda for a small own account mill, pretty much collect from local farms, back to our mill and blow wheatfeed on pig farms. I never did any of the big mills or processing plants.

I’ve been to various big sites over the last few weeks, all new to me and the one big thing that has struck me is how helpful other drivers have been. Waiting in the queue and wander over to the guy in front, say its my first time here, what’s the general procedure? Every single one has given good advice and been really helpful, watching you back onto a tight pit rather than hiding in the cab sniggering as I make a right horlicks of it :laughing:

So yeah, big shout out and thanks to the bulker drivers, I will pass it back when I have the opportunity :smiley:

If in a tight blind side reverse in a MSA it is normally the foreign drivers that will jump out of their cab to assist as a banks man.

James Richards:
If in a tight blind side reverse in a MSA it is normally the foreign drivers that will jump out of their cab to assist as a banks man.

17 months ago when I was a brand new pass and really struggling to learn reversing, I found this exact thing to be true.
The UK drivers would rush to get their phone out and film me struggle.
Had loads of eu drivers jump out of their cabs and watch me in, usually with lots of helpful advice.
I try to pass it on as much as possible now I’ve got the hang of it and have on one occasion put a guys rig on a bay for him cos he just couldn’t do it. He’d passed his test the week before and was struggling, just like I did with it.
I’m a big believer in karma.

The UK drivers would give a sarcastic clap to drivers parked either side and the sarcastic eye rolling but we all had to start somewhere, with reversing the tendency is to over think then one day it just comes to you .
The worst ones are reversing down a slope on to bay for a back door tip and the concrete area is uneven and numerous attempts to get it right .