Free HGV and PSV training in Leeds

Just put this on the newbie,.wannabe aka ‘Lambs to the slaughter’ forum. :smiley:
If it’s legit and genuine it will be worth looking at to anybody interested.
leeds-live.co.uk/news/leeds … g-22806068

Haven’t read the full text, CBA …so my apologies if there’s a catch or get out clause in there that I’'ve missed. :blush:

Polish lad who works for us driving a transit van.
Went for interview at maritime at Trafford park as apparently they will put you through your test.
you have to do a 12 week course 1st he was saying. Then maritime get government funding .
And.no doubt be a clause have to stay for a year.

Also this adult education they mention is a big con.
About 10 years ago I passed my test with red rose.
They said because I was out of work was recently made redundant I could get funded training.
Great I thought.
They sat me in front of a pc watched a video
and it asked me some basic English maths questions etc.

At the end I got 95%.
Questions wernt that had.
Was told can’t get funded unless get less that 50%. Then you do a 12 week course online we re educate you then do test again get a pass and get funded for your lessons

Was them told retake test get answers wrong.
In the end decided pay for my own lessons…it’s all a con / gravy train money for nothing

XPO have put an ad on Indeed this week offering the same thing in the Wakefield area,they are usually advertising for drivers most weeks on most contracts in Yorkshire though.
Must have run out and decided to train some now.

PCV has always been free but you need to stay for a 1year min or something along them lines for any big bus company

HGV stobbart used to do it which was basically a loan but they train you and pay you peanuts, however government are paying some company to train but nothing is free. imagine joining a company and hating every day of it but you get leave cause your broke and you signed a contract

Also there no HGV shortage one big myth