It is now official

I got my licence back from DVLA this morning.I was not prepared to pay for another 1 yr medial, as I retired last year. It now shows CE as provisional. Will still be on here for a while. Only been driving since 1971, started on Transits and worked upwards. Now had enough. Take care out there Guys and Girls.Stay safe.

Just out of interest, how long before licence returned? Sent mine off last week , after 41yrs hgv, can’t be bothered anymore.

Posted form, not licence on Jan 5th. received new one this morning, Jan 17. Also they put an extra year on expiry date, Bonus. :smiley:

Sounds strange.
The full entitlement should stay subject to medical but just won’t be shown on the licence until the medical is provided.
Provisional entitlement should only apply if there’s no HGV test pass history.

SWEDISH BLUE:
Posted form, not licence on Jan 5th. received new one this morning, Jan 17. Also they put an extra year on expiry date, Bonus. :smiley:

SB Not knowing your age, but could it be the extra year is on your car licence and expires on the day before your 70th birth date.after that its every three years.

SWEDISH BLUE:
I got my licence back from DVLA this morning.I was not prepared to pay for another 1 yr medial, as I retired last year. It now shows CE as provisional. Will still be on here for a while. Only been driving since 1971, started on Transits and worked upwards. Now had enough. Take care out there Guys and Girls.Stay safe.

Just out of curiosity ,.and I know it would be the last thing you would do…but say you decided to start back driving,.and bearing in mind the HGV part of licence is now provisional, would you have to take another test?

lolipop…11 months after 70th birthday.

Robroy… AFAIK it would be medical only, I hope

All you have to do is have the medical and your licence will be reinstated…eventually!