Queues At Dover & Calais

Monkey241:

Franglais:

Monkey241:
Red tape seen at a high blah blah blah.

You need to add the red tape generated by the EU no longer dealing with competences that certain govt departments SHOULD always have handled.

On a positive we’ve lost a complete additional layer of govt (aka the EU); another ineffectual talking shop Parlt and a complete Commission plus the reams of civil servants dedicated to EU directives and regulations can be put to other use.

This thread at least seems to have put to bed lorry queues because of Brexit [emoji16]

So, what advantage has the red tape given us by Brexit*
Does saying "blah blah blah " cover anything at all? I have been very specific about the very visible extra admin necessary.

What red tape have we lost by leaving the EU?
“Evidence please.
Sweeping generalities are never helpful” (sound familiar?)

No, we haven`t lost a complete extra layer of Parliament.
As you say some of the competences previously handled by some EU bodies will now be handled by UK ones.
Is that a gain? It is replacing one layer with another one.

To approve an article for sale, for safely, it needs tests. Hardly red tape, can we agree?
So, we need standards and test facilities. To specify and test every article needs a number of people. That cost can be shared over 27 countries or by one. Obviously sharing costs is cheaper.
So, what if we set different standards to the EU? Pointless if we wish to export there. What sense in making some widgets to UK spec and others to a different EU spec? Commercial madness. What would an EU manufacturer do to sell here? Tool up for a shorter run of UK-spec widgets? Won`t be a freebie will it.

I refer to the “red tape” of Brexit because it gives us nothing, but costs us money time and effort. A waste.
What you refer to, you say will be shifted from Brussels to London. No gain.

Is this thread “at least seems to have put to bed lorry queues because of Brexit”?
I dont think so. But it certainly is, I think, stating some of the costs and delays introduced by Brexit, all to no advantage to the UK as a whole. A truck in a road queue is visible. A truck in one of 900 odd places in Sevington, is invisible, but its trip is interrupted, taking longer, and costing more than it would have done pre-Brexit.

*Specifically all the new associated documentation, the extra layers of controls, both sides of the border, with more to come in the summer, all the extra employees both private and gov given us? All to no purpose except to administer Brexit pure red tape.

Too long.
Too pedestrian.
And too pedantic

I tired of explaining genuine reasons for Brexit about 3 years ago; folk like you are too obtuse, too stubborn and too conceited to listen - or to understand an alternative view point.

Blah blah accurately summates the dross you repeat ad nauseum and the plodding way you attempt to wear down any opposition in debate.

It’s why you lost the referendum debate 5 years ago…

You’re becoming a caricature and lack the self awareness to realise it.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

But…to sum up our shared position: we’re all leavers now.

It’s nice to belong isn’t it?

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk