Mercedes rear view cameras

Can’t use them, as I’m long-sighted.

If I wear my normal driving glasses, which enable me to focus on things 1metre to 100metres away from me, I cannot see things <1m away unless I peer through the bottom half of my glasses, which I find myself doing (momentarily) for example, when I pop or insert my card. Hardly practical for looking at the tablet mirror right in front of me above the steering wheel!

The one on the kerbside - doesn’t present the same problem, as it is more than 1metre away from me.

It also isn’t practical to switch to my “office” glasses, which I need to wear to use a computer without getting a headache in short order (I’m wearing those as I type this, of course…) If I tried driving with the office glasses on, I’ll quickly get a headache from squinting at the road ahead, although at least I can still see and drive OK.

So I’ve opted out of driving tractors with these mirrors on then, unless it is just the solo tractor, as I won’t need to peer into the tablet to try and see where my arse end is going in “Solo” mode. I’ll collect tractors from the workshop for example, but not go and collect a trailer with the same mirrorless cab.

I’ve been told “I’m not the only one” which is some comfort, as there have been times in the past when if you say something like “I cannot manage this” when on agency, the phone quickly doth stop ringing… :frowning: