HGV driver looses cool after tight squeeze on Partington's

-Rigid truck goes past red 7.5ton sign
-gets angry at car driver
-breaks his mirror cover on the hedges
-makes car driver back up

I aint going to lie in my spare time I like watching videos like this whilst waiting to get tipped, seeing what i could have done in that situation etc but good thing im just doing RDCs to RDcs so wont be messing about with pallet delivering to farm houses

However in the past i have followed google maps which has took me on single track roads, as my original route had a accident and the diversion would of costed me +25min so screw that

whos in the wrong?

youtu.be/LfUGWq2WxnQ

The truck driver shouldn’t have been on the road and the car driver had nowhere to go and had a car behind it, his attitude towards the car driver stunk its not a wonder the general public have such a low opinion of us when ■■■■■ like him act like this.

Depends on the truck driver’s reason for ignoring the limit.
But looks like there’s enough room for a truck and a car to pass if the car driver had kept well to the left and stopped at 0.37 and if needed maybe back up to before where the armco starts at 0.34.Lot of drama over nothing.The truck is always going to need more space to pass on a bend because of the cut in.
I regularly took a 16 tonner along roads like this to deliver and collect council works plant or as a diversion to avoid traffic.Ironically often including hedge cutting tractors when the council actually maintained the roads properly and it’s sometimes even possible to meet artics and 8 wheelers using them as a rat run or delivering to farms etc so expect to have to reverse to find space often.It’s the lack of hedge/tree cutting which is often needlessly removing space and vision and thereby smashing mirrors and scratching vehicles.
goo.gl/maps/TV8kvnavZjRFKApd9

His attitude was ■■■■ poor. As for him being on the road. there are sometimes local exemptions so will not comment on that as I do not know the road.

This is what happens when you spend years doing a job you hate I bet.

We don’t know the reason why he was on that road though do we? Could be legitimately delivering somewhere within the limit…

Why didn’t he pull his mirror in?

He’s a knob anyway for acting like that, hardly the car drivers fault is it.

adam277:
there are sometimes local exemptions so will not comment on that as I do not know the road.

Wouldn’t the exemption be on the sign similar to the one below?

Some of the limits are a ■■■■ take unless there is a weak bridge fair enough. There is Wade Springs near Nottingham the place is all 7.5 limit. It was isolated when it was built now houses around it

We go through weight limits all the time. Today we did a sewer treatment plant in a small village which every route has a 7.5 limit on it.
The “Except for access” is the important bit. He voted have been delivering to a farm !

I suppose the moral of the story is, if you’re on a road you’re not supposed to be on don’t go out of your way to upset the locals, then you may avoid being on YouTube :slight_smile:

The driver appears to have let his frustration get the better of him.

How about a 4th option:

BOTH are in the wrong.

Truck for being in the wrong place at the wrong time
Car for moving forward when she clearly can’t get through, and the truck is already in the hedge, and clearly cannot get over any further.

I found myself in this situation on the Faversham-Selling road whilst collecting from Gaskins Farm last year, nearly every time I took the truck (C+E) down that country lane.

I found however that even 4x4 drivers and other cars behind them in a line were prepared to back up on that street, because it was NOT marked 7.5t, and they knew even without much space there, that I had right of way to necessitate access to the farm they knew was further down that same road.

However, the public seem to be at a loss at what to do when they think they are in the right, and the trucker is in the wrong, due to a simple 7.5t ban sign…

As always, “Two wrongs don’t make a right” then.

He will have Sale M32 and Carrington M31 on his pallet round and is trying a jib instead of the long way round. Bet he would take Warburton bridge if he could and would not even pay the 12p toll. What an angry man!

the freeze frame of the sign says weight restriction to the left in 500 yards. as said the lady could of pulled up b4 the armaco where she ended up to let the lorry past and all the other trafic behind the lorry.

They have turned farms into industrial estates and we live in a buy now get tomorrow society with no thought on how the goods are going to get there. That coupled with the im in the right so sod you attitude of people that cant reverse in a straight line and you get what you get.

The woman couldnt even wait for the driver to get in and close his door before she started to reverse. and as to the muting of the sound due to copy rite i guess that only counts when the young child isnt talking for added sympathy.

If you had bothered to read the comments, you’d know that there is no “except for access” exception on that road, and that there is nothing along that road that he could have delivered/collected at. Its just a short stretch of very narrow road between two other roads. Further more, the restriction is absolute, because it is for a weak bridge, not to stop smelly lorries driving past a parish councillor’s house…

Driver is a knob.

Winseer:
How about a 4th option:

BOTH are in the wrong.
Truck for being in the wrong place at the wrong time
Car for moving forward when she clearly can’t get through, and the truck is already in the hedge, and clearly cannot get over any further.

I disagree look at the edited video below the truck reverses then comes forward and gets as far as he can into the hedge the car driver rightly assumes he is not going to reverse all the way out to let them past so moves forward to see if there is enough room (at 1:05 she says "I am not going to get through there) the truck driver then continues to squeeze past her at 1:30 (she has now stopped moving) then has a go because he knocked his mirror, he was never going to get past both cars and as far as i am concerned having seen the weight limit sigh he shouldn’t have been on the road in the first place.

youtu.be/LfUGWq2WxnQ?t=50

I thought it may just be a very large looking 7.5T truck lol.
But it is an 18T.

To be fair if the truck was a 7.5t still would of had the same issue.

Also sometimes you have to go in the bushes a bit. I doubt he would of lost his mirror if he took it more slowly though.
I’ve got hedge deep plenty of times, I’ve had the mirrors pushed in but never ripped off.

iveco-eurocargo-curtain-day-cab-HIRE_04-551x413.jpg

Heart attack candidate in waiting. Stressing because he’s got 17 drops to do then 14 pallet collections… rather than doing the job properly and taking it out on his boss takes it out on a woman instead. What a man :unamused: