Rats at Beaconsfield services

I just stopped to use the toilet and made the mistake of taking a short cut through the bushes,a massive was in there,gave me a fright.Then I walked back and huge one ran in front of me from underneath a Tesco double decker.
Be careful if you stop here of a night

They’ll be in most service areas, if not all. Same with shops, anywhere with bins and with food waste on tap… Haven for rats, mice, foxes etc etc

Was watching a squirrel eating fries out of a bin near a McDonald’s the other day :laughing:

They say that you are never more than 6ft from a rat, you just don’t normally see them

Hate the ■■■■ things,.I’ll face up to anybody and anything except a rat.
Snakes spiders, not a problem but rats,.can’t stand them.

I read the title and thought it was about the curtain slashers that operate there :laughing:

We used to find them in the dustbin of hen food and would put the cat in and hold the lid on like 2 man enter one man leave on mad max :sunglasses: other times we would trap them then put the gun in and shoot it .

robroy:
Hate the [zb] things,.I’ll face up to anybody and anything except a rat.
Snakes spiders, not a problem but rats,.can’t stand them.

Rats don’t bother me. Dint even register.

Wasps however… different story. Nothing gets me to sprint faster than getting buzzed by a wasp. I was in Turkey a few years ago and the restaurant in the hotel was swarmed by them most nights so I ended up getting asking of I could take my dinner and eat in my hotel room.

Had one of those Asian hornets on top of a pallet at my old place. To be fair it was big enough to have its own pallet :laughing: but moreover I thought it was going to explode with fear. Then some Johnny Nutjob from the warehouse came out to have a look and punched it to death :unamused: :laughing:

No idea why I’m so petrified of wasps. Never been stung by them and I’m fine with bees. In fact I’m so fine with bees I’ve got bee houses in my garden.

I’m not scared of anything. Other than my mobile phone ringing.

We had one of those hornets come in our kitchen.Fly spray was useless against the beast!

Anyone who has a problem with rats would be advised to stay away from refuse/recycling work: where I used to work rat killing was the standard break time activity for the guys based on site.

Apparently some of them are so big they can byte your nose off

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-b … s-59930602

Zac_A:
Anyone who has a problem with rats would be advised to stay away from refuse/recycling work: where I used to work rat killing was the standard break time activity for the guys based on site.

I would disagree, if you want to overcome a fear you need to face it.

ETS:
I would disagree, if you want to overcome a fear you need to face it.

Unless your fear happens to be swimming in crocodile infested waters or a fear of falling out of an aeroplane without a parachute.

the maoster:
Unless your fear happens to be swimming in crocodile infested waters or a fear of falling out of an aeroplane without a parachute.

Those are legitimate concerns rarther than fears/phobias.

Donnington Park is the worst place I’ve seen for Rats,I’m no fan of them,they creep me out,I went in there one Sunday afternoon in the summer,all the EE drivers were sat around cooking and having the crack like they do and the rats were everywhere,I’ve never seen anything like it,they didn’t seem bothered about people walking around.
I suppose it’s easy pickings for them food wise but it was enough for me to stop using the place.

Yorkielad:
Donnington Park is the worst place I’ve seen for Rats,I’m no fan of them,they creep me out,I went in there one Sunday afternoon in the summer,all the EE drivers were sat around cooking and having the crack like they do and the rats were everywhere,I’ve never seen anything like it,they didn’t seem bothered about people walking around.
I suppose it’s easy pickings for them food wise but it was enough for me to stop using the place.

Yeah cause people avoid them ie. give up ground to the rats. Then the rats stop fearing the people. Makes sense, rite? If instead of turning around and running like a little girl when encountering a rat you try to give it a kick to the head they’ll soon learn that standing around humans is not healthy

ETS:

Yorkielad:

Yeah cause people avoid them ie. give up ground to the rats. Then the rats stop fearing the people. Makes sense, rite? If instead of turning around and running like a little girl when encountering a rat you try to give it a kick to the head they’ll soon learn that standing around humans is not healthy

You get your sen forward and kick as many Rats as you want,I’ll make it to Trowell in future. :smiley:

Punchy Dan:
We used to find them in the dustbin of hen food and would put the cat in and hold the lid on like 2 man enter one man leave on mad max :sunglasses: other times we would trap them then put the gun in and shoot it .

You need one of these for your rats, Lakeland terrier, great entertainment watching her work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

they mak good pets

Got a rat in the cab one night & wondered how the hell it got in until i started off next morning and realized half the rubber gearstick boot had been chewed away leaving a gaping hole.

Had to change a n/s safety belt on an LF skip motor last week due to it being almost severed, didn’t think much about it until it come back two
days later with the same problem, as first I couldn’t find the little ■■■■■■, I found it when I put my hand down the back of the door post to change
the belt, lucky it didn’t bite me as I thought it was a piece of padding until I felt it move. The airline sure made it depart & some how it still
managed to escape my boot.