Daily Covid 19 Testing

"Around 100,000 critical workers are set to take daily Covid tests in order to reduce the spread of the virus to colleagues, Boris Johnson has said.

It will be for key industries including food processing, transport and the border force, the prime minister said at a Downing Street briefing.

The testing will start from 10 January." (BBC News, 04/01/2021).

Just the push i need to retire if (the stenographers actually translated Bunter’s waffle correctly) i’m in the group they’re coming for this week.

Stephenjp:
"Around 100,000 critical workers are set to take daily Covid tests in order to reduce the spread of the virus to colleagues, Boris Johnson has said.

It will be for key industries including food processing, transport and the border force, the prime minister said at a Downing Street briefing.

The testing will start from 10 January." (BBC News, 04/01/2021).

What a joke.

"Let’s test to see if you have cold… "said Sir Patrick Useless. “Oh ■■■■ you have… Stay at home now!”

"Hang on we have no staff… " said the hospital manager.

“Err… Come back, but test daily… No… let’s not isolate for ten days. Let’s try seven days. Five isnt enough…And ten was right, but now it isnt. The virus doesn’t know that we’ve changed it to seven days, but don’t tell anyone…” said Sir Chris Whitless.

“Hang on though, we still have no staff 'cos more have got this ■■■■ cold …” said the hospital manager.

“Oh bugger. What shall we do” said Sir Chris Whitless

“Tell you what let’s scrap testing and pretend it’s still dangerous, but not if you’re a critical worker…” said Buffoon Boris.

A (soon to be true) fairy story created by HM Government…

Within months the above will happen.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I do it anyway. Well, twice weekly anyway.

No issues from me.

My daughter has been doing daily tests since her workplace reopened after lockdown, she’s a hairdresser, I was a bit anxious about doing one as I’ve just started a new job!!

How else would you be able to continue this TESTdemic. Stop the testing and we’re free.

Markk80:
How else would you be able to continue this TESTdemic. Stop the testing and we’re free.

Still talking TESTicles, I see.

toonsy:

No issues from me.

Good to hear some understand the situation and realise this virus is nothing like a cold.

Unfortunately the hospitals are mainly filled with unvaccinated people who are seriously ill.

All key workers will have to test daily to stop the spread happening so quickly.

Wise decision.

Franglais:

Markk80:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Franglais:

Markk80:

He has a point in the long term though.

When do we stop testing? If you look you will find. …

There is no way that society, business and even healthcare will ever function normally whilst we are subject to this regime of testing, testing, testing. It is causing chaos. There were fewer than 100 folk in hospital with Omicold last week. From a populous of 68 million. It’s hardly a disaster.

At some point the penny will drop and we will return to common sense.

I will continue to not test and will co ti ue to live my life. I only have the one and I have to die of something. It won’t be of not living.[emoji41]

jakethesnake:

toonsy:

No issues from me.

Good to hear some understand the situation and realise this virus is nothing like a cold.

Unfortunately the hospitals are mainly filled with unvaccinated people who are seriously ill.

All key workers will have to test daily to stop the spread happening so quickly.

Wise decision.

I’m afraid Dr John Campbell would take issue with you there saying Omicron is “nothing like a cold”. That is exactly what he predicts it will be classified as within a few months.

What are your medical credentials?

I suggest you watch his channel. You might learn something.

Truckulent:

Franglais:

Markk80:

He has a point in the long term though.

When do we stop testing? If you look you will find. …

There is no way that society, business and even healthcare will ever function normally whilst we are subject to this regime of testing, testing, testing. It is causing chaos. There were fewer than 100 folk in hospital with Omicold last week. From a populous of 68 million. It’s hardly a disaster.

At some point the penny will drop and we will return to common sense.

I will continue to not test and will co ti ue to live my life. I only have the one and I have to die of something. It won’t be of not living.[emoji41]

No no no…we simply must follow the official line and advice, test have 10 days off with a bad cold and wreck the economy and your bank balance.
It’s the way forward apparentlly…

On the other hand, if you test, get it and you have adverse effects take time off in bed as you would with any ilness that knocks you for 6

If you get it and feel somewhere between no effect and a bad cold as the majority of people seem to be like,.then carry on as normal,.all the conformists will be wearing their masks,.so they are protected ftom you are they not?
The only ones who should worry are those who don’t wear a mask (like me) so it will be my own fault,.I don’t expect anybody to protect (or think they are protecting) me, that is MY responsibility…and risk.

We have to live with and alongside all this crap.

Truckulent:

jakethesnake:

toonsy:

No issues from me.

Wise decision.

I’m afraid Dr John Campbell would take issue with you there saying Omicron is “nothing like a cold”. That is exactly what he predicts it will be classified as within a few months.

What are Dr Campbells credentials then? Ill give you a clue…he isn` t a Dr of Medicine.
He seems to be making more “predictions” than many others, more expert in virology or immunology are doing.
Anyway, given that Campbell has been misquoted elsewhere,

Truckulent:
saying Omicron is “nothing like a cold”. That is exactly what he predicts it will be classified as within a few months.

Care to say where that is please?

My wife and I are triple jabbed, yet she has caught it, and what makes it worse, she works for the NHS.

She was summoned today by occupational health, for a pcr test, and because I took her, I had to have one too. Rang my gaffer, and he said I had to isolate. If my result comes back negative tomorrow, we will see what he says.

Ken.

you can see where this is heading…no jab no job

robroy:
On the other hand, if you test, get it and you have adverse effects take time off in bed as you would with any ilness that knocks you for 6

If you get it and feel somewhere between no effect and a bad cold as the majority of people seem to be like,.then carry on as normal,.all the conformists will be wearing their masks,.so they are protected ftom you are they not?
The only ones who should worry are those who don’t wear a mask (like me) so it will be my own fault,.I don’t expect anybody to protect (or think they are protecting) me, that is MY responsibility…and risk.

So, the self appointed “expert” has spoken…again…
…about how the current testing, about how masks do and dont work, about social separation, and...etc is all wrong... Doubtless RRs next post will be about self appointed experts…

again…

Franglais:

Truckulent:

jakethesnake:

toonsy:

No issues from me.

Wise decision.

What are Dr Campbells credentials then? Ill give you a clue…he isn` t a Dr of Medicine.
He seems to be making more “predictions” than many others, more expert in virology or immunology are doing.
Anyway, given that Campbell has been misquoted elsewhere,

Truckulent:
saying Omicron is “nothing like a cold”. That is exactly what he predicts it will be classified as within a few months.

Care to say where that is please?

He has a BSc in biology
A Msc in health science
A PhD in nursing education.
And 40 years experience.

He also talks far more sense than the scaremongering lot that are advising our government…

I’d say he was better qualified than the vast majority that discuss Covid. He isnt liked because he doesn’t subscribe to the current agenda.

Truckulent:
He has a BSc in biology
A Msc in health science
And 40 years experience.

He also talks far more sense than the scaremongering lot that are advising our government…

I’d say he was better qualified than the vast majority that discuss Covid. He isnt liked because he doesn’t subscribe to the current agenda.

So, he isnt a Medical Doctor, nor a virologist, nor an immunologist. He is a good communicator, and doesnt seem to be stupid.
So where does he say?

Truckulent:

Franglais:

robroy:

So, the self appointed “expert” has spoken…again…
…about how the current testing, about how masks do and dont work, about social separation, and...etc is all wrong... Doubtless RRs next post will be about self appointed experts…

again…

Don’t get your thong in a knot mate,.I’ve never professed to be an expert…well on anything really tbh…, official nor self appointed, I just give my opinions on what I see for myself rather than totally hang on every syllable of any official rhetoric b/s and ignore what is going on around me.
Anway,.Pseudo expertise? …That is more your department…just go back and read '(most of) your posts. :smiley:

Franglais:

Truckulent:
He has a BSc in biology
A Msc in health science
And 40 years experience.

So, he isnt a Medical Doctor, nor a virologist, nor an immunologist. He is a good communicator, and doesnt seem to be stupid.
So where does he say?

Truckulent:

Watch his channel a while. It’s not hard to find it. Should be withing your scope. I’m not your mum mate…

There was an I interesting article by the Professor of Immunology at the University of East Anglia. (I forget his name)

He suggested we must stop all testing and isolation withing the next few months as it is not sustainable in the long term - and nor is the process of attempting to vaccinate the world every 3-6 months.

It’s fairly obvious that such action cannot continue indefinitely. And only an over educated idiot would think it was possible.