Acquisition by xx

If the locked threa refers to a company from Runcorn, buying other Hauliers it’s True. I know of defiantly 1 who they bought out, and they purchased another before Christmas.

It was about a company based in Burnley. A pointless post though as I basically said they bought a few companies last year which you can see on Google news search but reckoned they were about to by another un named company soon which is vague at best.

google.com/search?q=efs+glo … 00&dpr=1.5

Seems these firms are buying cash rich firms,to satisfy the banks requirements for returns.

It never ends well when the pool drys up.

What is funny, is that some companies have big asparations that fall flat.

I worked for a company last year that went around buying bigger companies that were struggling. What they did was buy the company for a £1, and then took on the debt. They created a parcel/haulage network that went bust in October.

Trustpilot review pages had a field day.

Luckily for me I got our earlier in the year, but how I laughed when I found out. :laughing: :laughing:

Ken.

There is one where the Chief Executive quit after 2months his replacement has also quit after less than 4 months.

WheelsofCardiff:
There is one where the Chief Executive quit after 2months his replacement has also quit after less than 4 months.

Yeh, and now they are “on the block” according to a few website blog thingy`s, these things never end well as they stretch themselves either monetarily or they run out of managers good enough to keep the raft afloat :open_mouth:

Borrowed money may be cheap ATM, but it needs paying back eventually, and depending on who is lending, they can get as nervous as the next man/woman if the numbers do not crunch like they were promised they would :blush:

There will never be a shortage of creative accountants or commercial laws that permit them to flourish.

Stanley Mitchell:

WheelsofCardiff:

Yeh, and now they are “on the block” according to a few website blog thingy`s, these things never end well as they stretch themselves either monetarily or they run out of managers good enough to keep the raft afloat :open_mouth:

Borrowed money may be cheap ATM, but it needs paying back eventually, and depending on who is lending, they can get as nervous as the next man/woman if the numbers do not crunch like they were promised they would :blush:

Another of their “business units” has revealed losses of £3.7m blaming Covid, so thats one closed down just before Christmas, one losing Chief Execs like skittles, and another losing a wedge, and plenty of rumours that they need to sell some *cargo* to keep it upright, dont sound too promising to me :neutral_face:

Stanley Mitchell:

Stanley Mitchell:

WheelsofCardiff:

Another of their “business units” has revealed losses of £3.7m blaming Covid, so thats one closed down just before Christmas, one losing Chief Execs like skittles, and another losing a wedge, and plenty of rumours that they need to sell some *cargo* to keep it upright, dont sound too promising to me :neutral_face:

I am beginning to think they are going under. Its no coincidence that there is talk of listing and a loss. Cant make it up

mrginge:
It was about a company based in Burnley. A pointless post though as I basically said they bought a few companies last year which you can see on Google news search but reckoned they were about to by another un named company soon which is vague at best.

google.com/search?q=efs+glo … 00&dpr=1.5

Not sure if this has been posted yet. Presuming this is what the locked post was referring to?

business-live.co.uk/enterpr … 773614.amp

WheelsofCardiff:

Stanley Mitchell:

Stanley Mitchell:

WheelsofCardiff:

I am beginning to think they are going under. Its no coincidence that there is talk of listing and a loss. Cant make it up

I didnt realise it until I started digging a bit further, but they have "lost" some more "key" players within the EV Cargo / Downton business, and Im not talking low level pointy shoes either :wink:

I Did not think Andy Gee would sell up again so soon after buying it back of Jack Hanson