£50 parking fee J 26 Truckstop from 01 01 2022

trans.info/en/truckstop-defends … dia-265003

Another cost for the haulier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Truckstop then went on to explain that the cost of dealing with the vandalism on site was in excess of £1,500 a week.

Comes as little surprise. There’s some proper scum who wouldn’t be out of place in the monkey enclosures at Blackpool Zoo in this job.

Any establishment that spends £1500 a week repairing vandalism in the bathrooms would do better to employ an attendant who identifies every user and checks it’s acceptable after each use.

Theve obv heard truck drivers are well paid these days so want a slice of the wages.

Only stopped there twice don’t reckon much to the place if honest
If it’s true and they do charge £50 can’t see them getting any business.
Maybe it’s a ploy charge a fortune run the place Down to then sell off the land for a fortune?

Conor:

The Truckstop then went on to explain that the cost of dealing with the vandalism on site was in excess of £1,500 a week.

Comes as little surprise. There’s some proper scum who wouldn’t be out of place in the monkey enclosures at Blackpool Zoo in this job.

Are you telling me you actually believe it? :unamused:
Sure there are some complete arse holes in this job, but they are hardly in the majority.
A grand and a half’s worth of vandalism,.when 95% of users are just normal everyday blokes doing their jobs on a night out?
Nah, I’m calling b/s being used as a justification to carry out something they know is well out of order on this one…
Hope the greedy profiteering ■■■■ s go bust through lack of patronage.

stu675:
Any establishment that spends £1500 a week repairing vandalism in the bathrooms would do better to employ an attendant who identifies every user and checks it’s acceptable after each use.

Not really - the cost of employing sufficient staff to provide one attendant 24/7 is significantly more than £1500 per week.

(edit to add: Also note that the £1500 figure is not restricted to just the washrooms etc in the article - just “on-site” vandalism)

Unfortunately I’ve had to park on Thurrock tonight and there’s only 2 showers working due to some scroat (s) nicking the shower heads

gazsa401:
Unfortunately I’ve had to park on Thurrock tonight and there’s only 2 showers working due to some scroat (s) nicking the shower heads

I certainly ain’t justifying that sort of stuff as it affects the rest of us most…but.
The way I see it, it’s a (misguided) way of ‘getting your own back’ for getting ripped off by the ■■■■■ who own those places.
No I’ve never done it nor never would before anyone asks, for the reason I pointed out.

If you stay there five nights a week, that’s £12,000 per year, but their food is very good and surprisingly you can’t hear much traffic noise with the motorway so close .
The only issue in the summer heat is the dust coming in when you have a sunroof or window open at night to cool down enough to sleep .

Free market economy pricing in action, innit? If you own a truckstop and have to turn away dozens of trucks every night because you’re full up by 5pm then it makes perfect sense to increase your prices until your truckstop is full every night but you don’t have to turn anyone away.

I mis-read this one…

I thought this was about a Minority Report article where someone had just been ticketed for parking at the J26 Truckstop on 010122 - a date currently nearly four weeks in the future… :open_mouth: :stuck_out_tongue:

Been a while since I’ve parked there, nighted out there, and can’t complain on the food and hospitality,
but recently pulled in there and noticed the new site, they’ve made some improvements, even got fuel pumps.
Maybe they need to cover their costs, but it’s always packed by 20.00 (sorry 8pm) :smiley:
But I can’t can’t condone this stupid price increase.

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: Do you still get a meal voucher ■■
And if so, have they improved the burgers :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Maybe you get a 5 course menu, like we do in the Routiers here in France,

for E15.00 and no parking fee !!!

Tried to ring them one night to see if there was a chance of getting parked , the number on the intruck app for the Snap parking app just rang out . Tried 6-8 times with no answer so made alternative arrangements . At £50 a night I’ll continue to make alternatine arrangements .
On a general note parking in the UK is a complete and utter rip off. We have the Snap account for about 6 months now and I’ve had very few good experiences with it -
J26 couldnt get an answer
Red lion - squeezed in like sardines in a tin with no chance of getting out in an emergency
Walting street - dirty filthy hole
Newport - sent them a message to see about times on a Sunday evening - received a reply one week later .

Best one so far was Coneygarth - rang ahead and told there might be a space and to ring back when I was closer , I did and was told there still were spaces , got there , got a space , clean tidy and a decent nights sleep ( once the military jets stopped playing for the night )

Reserved parking…

Is a thing in the US.

yourhavingalarf:
Reserved parking…

Is a thing in the US.

Wasn’t looking to reserve a spot - just wanting to know if they had / still had spots . That particular night I needed to know as I was running a tight card - close to a 15 hour spread and a 10 hour drive . If J26 was full I wouldm’t have had the time to find somewhere else - simple planning nothing more .

Beefy , Lincoln Farm truck stop is another sardines parking with no escape if there was a fire or ADR emergency as you can’t drive out once parked but you tell the guy the departure time and he parks on departure times .
For my 50 smackers at J 26 I want Pole dancing or evening entertainment on offer.

Sky Captain:
Beefy , Lincoln Farm truck stop is another sardines parking with no escape if there was a fire or ADR emergency as you can’t drive out once parked but you tell the guy the departure time and he parks on departure times .
For my 50 smackers at J 26 I want Pole dancing or evening entertainment on offer.

sounds like another one to avoid then . Is it even legal to park them like they do ? surely H+S would be rather alarmed at the number of trucks so tightly packed in with little to no chance of escape if something went badly wrong?

beefy4605:

Sky Captain:

sounds like another one to avoid then . Is it even legal to park them like they do ? surely H+S would be rather alarmed at the number of trucks so tightly packed in with little to no chance of escape if something went badly wrong?

“Things” that is trucks, don`t matter as much as people. In case of fire or whatever by far the quickest and safest thing is to get everyone to walk out.
First few out would stop a hundred metres up the road and any following would get stuck etc etc. Getting trucks fired up and manoeuvring them all out in a rush would be a hazard in itself.

Franglais:

beefy4605:

Sky Captain:

“Things” that is trucks, don`t matter as much as people. In case of fire or whatever by far the quickest and safest thing is to get everyone to walk out.
First few out would stop a hundred metres up the road and any following would get stuck etc etc. Getting trucks fired up and manoeuvring them all out in a rush would be a hazard in itself.

They do if there are human beings sleeping in them