Why don't they ever learn?

The main roundabout…

At Sleaford on the A17 is almost finished. The approaches widened, new lanes clearly painted, big signs saying which lane takes you where and traffic lights ready to be switched on (I bet they’re on 24/7 instead of peak times only).
Take a look at the kerbs, they’re the ones with the drain holes in them about 5 holes to a kerb length. Every time without fail when these kerbs are used, they’re smashed to bits within hours by dozy ■■■■ wit lorry drivers. Sooner or later (later no doubt) they’ll have to be dug up again and replaced.

Why do they make the same mistakes every time?

Leaving it all as was but building a flyover would of been better .

Wish they’d put lights further along the a 17. Newark where the a1 joins near the huge Curry’s PC world distribution centre

What’s the point of a roundabout with traffic lights.You can also bet that they’ll time them to go red in sequence at every entry point from every entry point.So effectively stop and give way to traffic entering a roundabout even when nothing is entering the roundabout.
Similar to other crap like variable motorway limits and putting up screens on the approach to roundabouts to remove vision and enforce a stop before entry, thereby totally defeating the object of both types of road design.

What is the point of putting of traffic lights on a roundabout. Defeats the object . . doesnt it ?

edd1974:
Wish they’d put lights further along the a 17. Newark where the a1 joins near the huge Curry’s PC world distribution centre

Absolute pain that roundabout. That whole junction needs remodeling including A1/A17/A46

Punchy Dan:
Leaving it all as was but building a flyover would of been better .

Wish they’d put in a flyover when they built the roundabout near Mildenhall on the A11. Most of the traffic on said roundabout is through traffic on the A11 one way or the other, with a lesser (but still significant) volume coming and going on the other three arms. Miles of queuing traffic because of the traffic lights on said roundabout :frowning:

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Suedehead:
What is the point of putting of traffic lights on a roundabout. Defeats the object . . doesnt it ?

Depends, lifesaver on some. Years ago, without lights on the island off the M6 J5 southbound exit, it was almost impossible to get onto the junction safely even in a powerful car. Truck - just forget it, just go and pray.

It all makes perfect sense once you realise the designers are cyclists who don’t actually drive.

yourhavingalarf:
The main roundabout…

At Sleaford on the A17 is almost finished. The approaches widened, new lanes clearly painted, big signs saying which lane takes you where and traffic lights ready to be switched on (I bet they’re on 24/7 instead of peak times only).
Take a look at the kerbs, they’re the ones with the drain holes in them about 5 holes to a kerb length. Every time without fail when these kerbs are used, they’re smashed to bits within hours by dozy [zb] wit lorry drivers. Sooner or later (later no doubt) they’ll have to be dug up again and replaced.

I don’t get what your saying I know the kerb stones with the holes in
But surley even if they were normal.kerb stones thed still get clipped/ damaged.
Can’t see what difference it makes ?.
Why are these ones always being damaged then? As your suggesting?

Carryfast:
What’s the point of a roundabout with traffic lights.You can also bet that they’ll time them to go red in sequence at every entry point from every entry point.So effectively stop and give way to traffic entering a roundabout even when nothing is entering the roundabout.

Agreed. Nevermind it took them almost a full year to do it. I only go there early morning (very early) and it’s dead 99% of the time but on a few occasions I’ve ran late and I’ve seen the queue before the roundabout (eastbound) run for several miles

How long have they been making roundabouts and corners generally, and how long have long wagons been in use, you’d think by now they would have been able to include some extra space in the road designs to allow for trailers and longer vehicles in general needing more room.

As for traffic jams and general overcrowding, the island (particularly England) has getting on for 20 million more people to accommodate and service than would ever have been the case through natural population growth, traffic levels will only increase as mass immigration, legal and otherwise continues to accelerate, its something we all have to live with, just remember who is to blame.

edd1974:

yourhavingalarf:
The main roundabout…

Take a look at the kerbs, they’re the ones with the drain holes in them about 5 holes to a kerb length. Every time without fail when these kerbs are used, they’re smashed to bits within hours by dozy [zb] wit lorry drivers. Sooner or later (later no doubt) they’ll have to be dug up again and replaced.

But surley even if they were normal.kerb stones thed still get clipped/ damaged.

I’ll daresay it’s because they’re hollow, to allow for the drainage, so not as strong.
As a turning truck then runs the kerb, it doesn’t take much to destroy them.

edd1974:

This news…

Article is two years old. Don’t hold yer breath.

thelincolnite.co.uk/2020/12/pla … rk-bypass/

Dav1d:

edd1974:

I’ll daresay it’s because they’re hollow, to allow for the drainage, so not as strong.
As a turning truck then runs the kerb, it doesn’t take much to destroy them.

That’s the…

Reason. These hollow kerbs seem to crumble when a bicycle goes over them. I’m just naffed off that a large pile of my taxes will be needed to replace them. I fail to see why the councils continue to put them in when they’re clearly useless in this type of situation.

Juddian:
How long have they been making roundabouts and corners generally, and how long have long wagons been in use, you’d think by now they would have been able to include some extra space in the road designs to allow for trailers and longer vehicles in general needing more room.

As for traffic jams and general overcrowding, the island (particularly England) has getting on for 20 million more people to accommodate and service than would ever have been the case through natural population growth, traffic levels will only increase as mass immigration, legal and otherwise continues to accelerate, its something we all have to live with, just remember who is to blame.

Oh, change the record alright…

Net immigration has gone down. Immigration is offset by emigrants, moving away. We need the vast majority of the immigrants that still come down here, to do the jobs that the workshy indigenous won’t do…

This island is nowhere near “full”. Its a desperate attempt by old people to hang on to their idea of a green and pleasant motherland to the empire. Just like they voted for Brexit, not because of the intricacies of a Europe wide trade blok that may or may not be of mutual benefit to all, but to “get their country back”, and “keep them immigrants out”…

To be honest, Juddian, you need to get off the Internet. You’ve turned into a right tin hat wearing gammon, and I don’t think that’s the real you.
Well, it didn’t used to be.

Sleafords a ■■■■■■■■ full of ■■■■■■ , best thing they can do with that rathole is flatten it

Winseer:

Wouldnt surprise me, if they put a set of traffic lights like that on the magic roundabout in Swindon :unamused:

yourhavingalarf:
The main roundabout…

Don’t take it out on Dozy… I’m sure we could all make the mistake of buckling and breaking drain covers… :stuck_out_tongue: