Lockwood Group

Anybody have any knowledge of Lockwood Group please. I know the basics but are the good to work for.
Thanks

Theyre advertising ■■■■ loads of money,I thought there must be a catch

Sploom:
Theyre advertising [zb] loads of money,I thought there must be a catch

I know they are advertising, that’s why I’m asking.

I had a ding dong with one of their shunters at the Kirkby in Ashfield site last week, after he came the high and mighty with me. Never been before, and all I got off him was a load of verbal. Told him to pack in with the insults or we could discuss it outside the gate. He soon shut up.

Ken.

Never argument with a Terberg on his throne ; they think they own the place and make life difficult if someone upset them , tell him Jim sent u

They do work for Tata Steel in Llanelli. That’s in South Wales.

Never heard of any horror stories beyond the pay rates which have always been really crap like £9.50 hour for class 1 at beginning of year. I think tramping was around 600 but that inc all night out, food etc.

Guess its had to go up but don’t expect to be treated like a king. Trucks don’t look bad, but not sure many are desperately new. Pretty sure I saw a 66 plate yesterday.

Thet work all over - see them at 2 XPO sites local to their depot doing anything. Guess its whatever general haulage. Dont think they do palletforce or similar.

I worked there for 5 years as a tramper.
Was about 11 quid when I left.
Decent job then…but things have changed now.

Job I’m looking at is 4 on 4 off days. £170 a shift with 3.5 shifts paid per week = £595 a week £30940 a year for working less than half the year. Plus a bonus of around £2000.

Look good on paper so to speak.

Dimlaith:
Job I’m looking at is 4 on 4 off days. £170 a shift with 3.5 shifts paid per week = £595 a week £30940 a year for working less than half the year. Plus a bonus of around £2000.

For how many hours ?

Dimlaith:

There was no 4on4off,when I was there.
So couldn’t tell you what that entails.

What I will say…is,it was probably the most enjoyable period of my working life to date.
But the firm is much larger now,and the excellent TM we had at the time,has since retired.

Suedehead:

Dimlaith:

For how many hours ?

Job description says it’s based on 48 hours.

commonrail:

Dimlaith:

There was no 4on4off,when I was there.
So couldn’t tell you what that entails.

What I will say…is,it was probably the most enjoyable period of my working life to date.
But the firm is much larger now,and the excellent TM we had at the time,has since retired.

Nice to hear something positive, even though you are no longer there. Thanks.