Hazard warning lights.

Drove past a Greggs 18 tonne Merc delivering to a local store today,got his hazards on,but…his side markers were all flashing as well :open_mouth: …a first for me.Any thoughts ■■

Quite common actually, you’ve probably just not noticed. You’ll see them everywhere now no doubt.

All Greggs trailers do it too.

Yep lots it trailers have at least one or more side marker lights that’s are combined indicators or as some of ours just one is an indicator.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

the maoster:
Quite common actually, you’ve probably just not noticed. You’ll see them everywhere now no doubt.

I am now doomed to a lifetime of looking at trucks to see if they are lit up like the Blackpool illuminations :cry:

Baggie:

the maoster:

I am now doomed to a lifetime of looking at trucks to see if they are lit up like the Blackpool illuminations :cry:

I’ve got a brand new trailer tonight and all of the side markers on this one are combined sidelights and indicators. Rather than out older ones that only have one marker light that is indicator only. It does actually help idiots alongside you realise you are indicating to move over mind.

another thing I’ve noticed on some trailers is when you’re indicating right or left the lights will pulse evenly but if the hazards are on they’ll change the pulse/pattern of the rear/sidemarker indicators to a longer/more noticeable pattern

Why do drivers insist on using hazards for other things other than what they are meant for?
I am sure some have noticed if a lorry parks at the side of a road to unload and uses hazards and
quite often you will get another vehicle parking behind them blocking the left flasher.
Consequently some other drivers then think the lorry wants to move off. It causes unecessary confusion and hold ups.
There is no requirement to use hazards when unloading. If a driver can’t see a lorry parked at the side of the road
they should not be driving.
Of course a lot of drivers use them for illegal parking. :unamused:

jakethesnake:
Why do drivers insist on using hazards for other things other than what they are meant for?
I am sure some have noticed if a lorry parks at the side of a road to unload and uses hazards and
quite often you will get another vehicle parking behind them blocking the left flasher.
Consequently some other drivers then think the lorry wants to move off. It causes unecessary confusion and hold ups.
There is no requirement to use hazards when unloading. If a driver can’t see a lorry parked at the side of the road

There you have it the snakes official version of how and when to use your hazards no exceptions boys youve been told you god

This time I agree with him.

jakethesnake:

The ones that get me are the drivers who go into full abnormal-load mode with flashing roof beacons and millions of LEDs driving round Tesco with a curtainsider. I cringe every time :laughing: :laughing:

Geek fact…

If side markers are used as additional repeater signals they must stay illuminated through the on/off cycle of the indicator - so essentially they shouldn’t be on/off they should be bright/dim.

MOT failure for that :unamused:

ezydriver:
The ones that get me are the drivers who go into full abnormal-load mode with flashing roof beacons and millions of LEDs driving round Tesco with a curtainsider. I cringe every time :laughing: :laughing:

NISA at…

Scunthorpe insist (well they did when I used to tip there) that you drive around the site with your hazards on. I’d turn them off as soon as I got around the corner from the gatehouse. Then I’d get reminded on my way out that I should have had them on. This was sometimes combined with the threat of ‘you won’t be allowed on site next time mate’, yeh whatever. :unamused:
Sainsburys at Sherburn insist you leave them off unless you are reversing.
I only use them if I’m slowing or stopping on a motorway, s’bout it.

edit typo

jakethesnake:
If a driver can’t see a lorry parked at the side of the road
:unamused:

A number of times I have been parked up on a break, sat in passenger seat having a brew, then hear horn blowing by car behind me, ffs :exclamation:

ezydriver:

jakethesnake:

Or bin lorries using all flashing lights when not collecting or breakdown wagons with no vehicle on the back.
It must make them feel important or something. :laughing:

toonsy:
Geek fact…

If side markers are used as additional repeater signals they must stay illuminated through the on/off cycle of the indicator - so essentially they shouldn’t be on/off they should be bright/dim.

MOT failure for that :unamused:

Interesting idea then half ours probably shouldn’t pass a trailer MOT then.

youtu.be/AmArow1JI-U

I had the side marker / indicator units fitted on my new truck. I think it’s a good idea as the whole lot light up so when changing lane on the motorway etc people really have no excuse to pretend they didn’t notice.

Mine also project little orange puddle lights along the side so when working in the dark you have some illumination on the ground. Handy for working alongside or manouevring in tight spots

I did a delivery of drainage material into a large RDC of a well known supermarket recently.
Was told at gate I needed my hazard warning lights on but seeing as how my truck has flashing roof beacons, beacons in the grill and beacons on the back I thought this would suffice.
Apparently not as guy in yard started moaning at me as I was driving round, I said if anyone couldn’t see a bright red lorry with flashing beacons all over it would hazard lights make any difference?
Was grumpily told, that’s the site rules if you don’t obey them you can’t deliver.
Happy days.

noticed recently these motorway maintenance/incident response/hi viz type merc sprinters with blue sidelights making out theyre something theyre not?