Tight deliveries

Anyone got any pics of some silly delivery locations you have had?
I done one recently for argos.

I kinda regret not taking a picture of the truck while I was going down it because it is a lot tighter then it looks :stuck_out_tongue:.
I took a 35 foot trailer up there. Why it’s so bad is the bends which means you got about an inch either side of free space. Also the overhang on the multi story so you gotta make sure you dont hit the side/top of your trailer against it.
Apparently someone tried to take a 45ft trailer up and got stuck.
Either way was not fun :stuck_out_tongue:.

My favourite was from back in my days on the fuel tankers, at a petrol station on Lower Tean near Stoke. You had to back in off a main road at 90 degrees, but couldn’t see where you were going because of a 10 foot wall. These pictures are of the space you had to get in to to be able to deliver into the grids

That is a squeeze. And if you crash and send 50,000 gallons up in a flame I bet you would get the blame. I bet theres a primary school next to it too…

The one I always remember was a Tesco delivery , the delivery area for the shop was under the Victoria centre in notts , you got a map but you just thought if I get this wrong I’m in trouble , 1 st time I wasn’t convinced of the left turn on map so drove back out the exit & then back in entry
It was bloody tight under there but easier when you got round 1 st time , seemed like a maze 1st time

FFS you haven’t got room for an extra coat of paint on the vehicle there! :open_mouth:

As we say in Scotland, bawhair either side.

Hatfield shopping mall is a dog of place to tip at with overhanging jagged protruding metal from the roof and a ball ache to get the tail lift in the right place to use the flaps on the side to pump it off because the pavement is too high regards Jim B

adam277:

I kinda regret not taking a picture of the truck while I was going down it because it is a lot tighter then it looks :stuck_out_tongue:.
I took a 35 foot trailer up there. Why it’s so bad is the bends which means you got about an inch either side of free space. Also the overhang on the multi story so you gotta make sure you dont hit the side/top of your trailer against it.

That’s why most of the locals prefer to drive a Moped delivering burgers than drive a truck for the local agencies.If it’s not that it’s Hiab work around small residential streets clogged with parked cars and street furniture.

Any else deliver to Prysmian cables in Aberdare ? Those bays are tight , as they’re trailer floor height with 6” spare either side :open_mouth:

I would like to say my ex was a tight place To deliver to but I would be lying.

The joys of Naples

First two are Whites pics but last is mine, I can’t find my pictures of the drop just the crazy route in.

Used to do plenty on agency in London. I always volunteered for central London, because I like a bit of a challenge, much to other drivers relief! One notable one is the underground delivery for Iceland Elephant & Castle.

Always been the same. Did fuel deliveries in central london. It was a challenge at times especially with poorly parked cars but part of the job. I enjoyed it.

switchlogic:
Used to do plenty on agency in London. I always volunteered for central London, because I like a bit of a challenge, much to other drivers relief! One notable one is the underground delivery for Iceland Elephant & Castle.

Thankfully that’s gone now I believe

adam277:

God this picture reminds of a delivery I did under St John’s in Liverpool under the big screen in city centre. Had only been driving a few weeks and exiting the loading bay I misjudged how much room I needed to get out. The way out was also an exit for a multi story car park so everytime I tried to get out cars were just flooding out of the carpark. I ended up getting stuck with all people above watching and trying to advise. It was horrific

milk dairy places London : an absolutely knight mare built when carriages & horse were kings of the broad not for big lorry

I see mr logic driving down narrow back road in portugal in he videos with truck width no fit good and tight as tight ; Mind out the hanging laundry from balconies

JB

Sky Captain:
milk dairy places London : an absolutely knight mare built when carriages & horse were kings of the broad not for big lorry

I see mr logic driving down narrow back road in portugal in he videos with truck width no fit good and tight as tight ; Mind out the hanging laundry from balconies

JB

That is shocking writing Toby have you met andrejis, who do you think you are fooling sadly only yourself TOBY

Maybe not tight for some drivers but Freshways Acton is always a pain and can get very tight.

This one today for me, Champers on Water Road, Abbeydale Industrial Estate Wembley

The black Mercedes was the only vehicle not there (that rigid outside the gate moved back once I’d got in)

Thejpmshow:
0This one today for me, Champers on Water Road, Abbeydale Industrial Estate Wembley

The black Mercedes was the only vehicle not there (that rigid outside the gate moved back once I’d got in)

As near the driving test “S” reverse as you’ll get.
Apart from the size of the box, and everyone attempting suicide very time you move.