Headlight beam on a daf cf

I cant find anywhere to adjust the headlight beam,I guess its not possible,very annoying though…

Don’t think it can be done. It’s more a problem on the 19 & 69 plate CF’s in our fleet, I frequently get flashed by oncoming vehicles as they get dazzled by the lights

Sploom:
I cant find anywhere to adjust the headlight beam,I guess its not possible,very annoying though…

If it’s got normal bulbs and not the LED ones it’s probably because someone has put in the headlight bulb the wrong way round so it’s either pointing to the sky or pointing directly down. Take the headlight bulb and holder out of the back of the headlight. If the tab on the bulb holder is in line with the tab on the bulb the bulb is in the wrong way round and won’t sit flush in the holder, there’s a small dimple on one side of the flat face of the bulb holder that prevents it from sitting flush when it’s in the wrong way round. Whilst it may look like that’s the way it’s supposed to fit in the holder, the little square tab on the flat edge of the bulb lining up with the same on the holder, it doesn’t.

Oh,ok,thanks,Ill try that

On previous CF’s, with the old design headlights, you could replace bulbs easily by lifting the grill and reaching down to the bulb holder, also almost impossible to misplace the bulb in the old holders.
The new design is rubbish for bulb fitting, no one gave a thought to when is the usual time or circumstance that one discovers a blown bulb? answer its always in the early hours because the night driver ‘missed it’ :neutral_face: .

Anyway, why do Daf’s (and Scanias) blow so many headlight bulbs? Other makes might blow one over a 5 year lease period.

It can be done, If you open the door at the top step there is a rectangular inspection plate held on with 2 torx screws,remove it and reach inside behind the headlight and you will find a black plastic knob which adjusts the dip beam, half to a full turn each side will lower enough to reduce glare, easiest way is to face a wall or back of another trailor so you can see the beam clearly.

Oh,ok,brilliant,Ill try that,thanks

Edit to add,
Its actually a white star shaped knob not black, and you can get to them easily from underneath front bumper if you dont have a torx screwdriver

Anyway, why do Daf’s (and Scanias) blow so many headlight bulbs? Other makes might blow one over a 5 year lease period.
[/quote]
Mercs!!! Ours do one every 4-5 weeks and it’s always the n/s….same as the n/s repeater/marker light….must be crud bulbs. I’ve watched one of our drivers change one on a MAN….seems u have to take half the cab off or are they doing it wrong?

Actrosman:

Mercs!!! Ours do one every 4-5 weeks and it’s always the n/s….same as the n/s repeater/marker light….must be crud bulbs. I’ve watched one of our drivers change one on a MAN….seems u have to take half the cab off or are they doing it wrong?
[/quote]
MAN’s seldom blow bulbs in the front light units, might be one every 3 or 4 years, when you discover the fixing screws have rusted in place, that’s why its such a drama, sensible folk (who previously found out the hard way :wink: ) keep those torx bolts greased up.