Snow.

I guess that’s going nowhere for a while…

Northern Powergrid, which covers the North East, Yorkshire and northern Lincolnshire, said Northumberland, County Durham and Tyne and Wear had “taken the brunt” of the storm.

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-59450984

Bet it…

Won’t stop Mr Punchard from getting out and about.

Bin Man:
I guess that’s going nowhere for a while…

Northern Powergrid, which covers the North East, Yorkshire and northern Lincolnshire, said Northumberland, County Durham and Tyne and Wear had “taken the brunt” of the storm.

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-59450984

Is that a road or a lay by to the snack van. Weird reg on the Merc. Midlifts/pushers = crepe traction.
Get the chains on, jobs a good un

I don’t think its a lay by as there is a row of traffic behind.

A manual gearbox would have got up there or an Eaton Twin splitter will sort the wheat from the chaff in driver competency without Jack knifing an artic using an automatic gearbox.

That’s not Somosiera or Somport , don’t know their born .

Cant see the problem.

Hutpik, I’m very jealous of your lifestyle, Brits in the snow can’t cope mate , leaves on the train tracks to central heating is broken at school, shut the school, can’t have the little darlings dying of hyperthermia can we ?

Hutpik, I’m very jealous of your lifestyle, Brits in the snow can’t cope mate ,

If you are going to get stuck it might as well be in a pub :wink:

Dozens of customers at Britain’s highest pub are set to spend a third night trapped by heavy snowfall brought by Storm Arwen.
Guests became stranded at the Tan Hill Inn, in the Yorkshire Dales, on Friday after going to watch an Oasis tribute band.
They have been unable to leave because of a fallen power line and snow blocking the main routes out.
Manager Nicola Townsend said everyone had remained in good spirits.
Guests at the inn, which is 1,732ft (528m) above sea level, woke up to about 3ft (0.9m) of snow on Saturday.

A post on the inn’s Facebook page on Sunday said they had been advised that more power cables had come down so no one was able to leave yet.
Speaking earlier, Ms Townsend said 61 people had so far spent two nights here, with many, including members of the band, having to set up camp in the pub’s lounge.
She said 40 were pre-booked guests while others had gone to the pub for a drink on Friday.
She said staff had put on activities to keep people entertained, including a quiz and board games, and people had enjoyed a “chilled night”.
“I tried to do a best dressed snowman competition yesterday, but it was so cold and the wind was so severe we didn’t achieve that,” she added.

One of the guests, Martin Overton, said the atmosphere was “very good” with “plenty of beer available”.
His wife, Stephanie, added: “I’m quite chilled about being stranded, it’s quite exciting but we’re missing our son who is with his nana. I am wondering how long we will be here for though.”
Elsewhere in North Yorkshire, the after-effects of the severe weather have continued to cause disruption.
North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service said they had been called to fallen power cables, in places including Hunmanby, Kilburn and High Birstwith.

There have been dozens of power cuts leaving hundreds of residents without power and most trains between York and Scotland have been cancelled as the the East Coast Mainline is closed between Newcastle and Edinburgh.
North Yorkshire County Council said staff together with emergency and utilities services continued to work together to deal with the aftermath of the storm.
A spokesperson said services were carrying out checks on people who may need extra help, particularly in areas affected by power outages.
Yellow weather warnings for snow and ice remain in place across large parts of Yorkshire.

BBC News.

Sky Captain.I think Greta Thunberg must be in a depression now,we’ve just had the coldest November day since 1980,-37c

Truck stop owner needs one of these then he’d have it cleared in no time. :slight_smile:

Snoasis?

Wonder Snow Wall .

lappland life 041.JPGRemy,but this is more fun.

Hutpik , I think the climate crisis is not due to human interference and pollution and would have occurred naturally without human activity, but there is big money to made on reducing pollution.

Rather than improve on the traction capabilities of European Trucks built in the 70s**, it seems the focus is now on keeping the driver warm whilst stranded on a few inches of snow rather than making progress.

What’s better, keeping warm looking at Facebook or delivering the goods ■■

For me professional pride wins on delivering the goods, but you need a motor that can help you do it

** Yes I know The Marathon & similar had superb traction, but confidence in the motor not breaking down a few 000s miles from home meant the European motors ruled the day

hutpik:
0Remy,but this is more fun.

Yep, I agree with you there. :sunglasses:

Sky Captain:
Hutpik, I’m very jealous of your lifestyle, Brits in the snow can’t cope mate , leaves on the train tracks to central heating is broken at school, shut the school, can’t have the little darlings dying of hyperthermia can we ?

My Norwegian,Swedish and Finnish neighbours in Spain think it’s hilarious that we Brits can’t cope with half an inch of snow,particularly if it’s the wrong kind.
I can’t believe how much our national character has changed over the last 40 - 50 years.Stoicism and steely determination?Long gone.

yourhavingalarf:
Bet it…

Won’t stop Mr Punchard from getting out and about.

I’ve been out with the jcb :laughing: but then it came again :unamused: I think I’ll be moving the vehicles to somewhere lower tomorrow :laughing:

Gidders:

Sky Captain:

My Norwegian,Swedish and Finnish neighbours in Spain think it’s hilarious that we Brits can’t cope with half an inch of snow,particularly if it’s the wrong kind.
I can’t believe how much our national character has changed over the last 40 - 50 years.Stoicism and steely determination?Long gone.

Probably because our “national character” has been been altered by people who originate from warmer climes!!
(Can I say that without being classed a racist!)