HGV Drivers required Mannheim

Be warned a job that is advertised by a supposedly Global company that supply’s staff for the American Military is not as described and many lies were told to get you out there. Yes the pay excellent but you will not be driving anything until you have been trained. If I wasn’t in the situation or reason I came out here to Germany I would of been back in the UK for sure. I won’t name the company at the moment. Job advertised as HGV Drivers required in Mannheim and Dulmen. Be warned!!

Can’t believe they want to train you before sending you out, or am I missing something?

dave docwra:
Can’t believe they want to train you before sending you out, or am I missing something?

They supposedly train you when out there, it’s been 3 months and I still haven’t driven anything. Have been ground walking and other pointless tasks.

This company?
facebook.com/MNEGlobal/

Might be good for someone interested in avoiding the “ex SAS” chatter at the coffee machine in your local RDC.

NB look at dates

If the job involves running stuff across war zones about the world, then I’d expect some “up front training” on how to duck enemy incoming, and the like. :open_mouth:

Winseer:
If the job involves running stuff across war zones about the world, then I’d expect some “up front training” on how to duck enemy incoming, and the like. :open_mouth:

Hopefully there’s plenty of well armed military backup and air support.But I’d rather take my chances driving a truck than an Abrhams tank.Especially if I can have a roof mounted .50 cal on it and an extra tonne on the steer axle for ammo.

‘‘We have contracts available’’ - video with the map of Afghanistan as a thumbnail; yeah I’d stay away from this one :grimacing:

KBR supply drivers for Syria Afghanistan and Iraq.

ZippyUK:
Be warned a job that is advertised by a supposedly Global company that supply’s staff for the American Military is not as described and many lies were told to get you out there. Yes the pay excellent but you will not be driving anything until you have been trained. If I wasn’t in the situation or reason I came out here to Germany I would of been back in the UK for sure. I won’t name the company at the moment. Job advertised as HGV Drivers required in Mannheim and Dulmen. Be warned!!

They take Eastern European??

ZippyUK:

dave docwra:

They supposedly train you when out there, it’s been 3 months and I still haven’t driven anything. Have been ground walking and other pointless tasks.

If there paying good money does it really matter ?

robthedog:

ZippyUK:

dave docwra:

If there paying good money does it really matter ?

They probably arent my cup of tea, and Im bloody sure I am not their cup of tea, but I doubt anyone applying for these jobs wants to sit around painting their finger nails.
The money might be nice but I doubt that is why they are there.

Andrejs:

ZippyUK:

They take Eastern European??

BCA transporters not worked out?

I don’t do Faceache or Meta Mammary whatever they are calling themselves so can’t access it but in hostile areas I’m guessing it’s fuel or water tankers and bump up in to Ant Middleton in Aleppo on a book signing tour .

And tax free if working in the Middle East with plenty of downtime sipping cocktails by the pool in a six star hotel on R&R , ker ching , I can concur with robthedog and get the passport stamped to prove to HMR&C your residential tax status, for non domicile or domicile.
Or wire your wages to an offshore account in the Cayman Islands or Switzerland.But don’t forget you have to be not living in the UK for 183 days a year but don’t quote me on that in case that’s changed.

Carryfast:
Hopefully there’s plenty of well armed military backup and air support.But I’d rather take my chances driving a truck than an Abrhams tank.Especially if I can have a roof mounted .50 cal on it and an extra tonne on the steer axle for ammo.

Yeah its ok untill your ■■■■■■ buggers off and leaves you alone whilst under fire

msgyorkie:

Carryfast:

Yeah its ok untill your ■■■■■■ buggers off and leaves you alone whilst under fire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dPHkSOR2zc

Better make the .50 cal a deal breaker.
Somehow I think in the ‘next’ one they’d be stupid enough to put tanks and supply trucks up against self propelled artillery because they’ve under ordered on the artillery, rather than trucks and Humvees v insurgents and at least the truck allows a better exit strategy for its driver than the tank under a hail of 155 mm shells and rockets.
Don’t have much confidence in the F35 v SU35 when it comes to air superiority either.

Plan B best make it a fleet of mobile tactical nukes launchers.
A Class 2 licence should cover it.

That Halliburton video I found disturbing by the panic and fear in his voice , it certainly puts life in to perspective while trunking up and down the M6 and the only hostility to worry about is rude gestures, brake testing and verbal abuse from other motorists.
The Ryan Reynolds film when he plays an American trucker buried in a coffin in Iraq is not for the faint hearted .

Sky Captain:
That Halliburton video I found disturbing by the panic and fear in his voice , it certainly puts life in to perspective while trunking up and down the M6 and the only hostility to worry about is rude gestures, brake testing and verbal abuse from other motorists.
The Ryan Reynolds film when he plays an American trucker buried in a coffin in Iraq is not for the faint hearted .

Tobys reinvented himself I reckon !!

Checking on his posts and its a YES

Sky Captain:
But don’t forget you have to be not living in the UK for 183 days a year but don’t quote me on that in case that’s changed.

The rules on that changed a while ago. Just being out for half a year is not enough now.
I haven`t read what they currently are, but the trail starts here

gov.uk/tax-foreign-income/residence
gov.uk/tax-foreign-income/n … -residents

Time to buy a Euro Million lottery ticket me thinks