CCTV at Ferry Bridge

So they have it? Do they hand it over for insurance? Someone has clipped side of truck and damaged the fridge unit. Only minor and tbh, might not even realised they’ve done it.

I have no idea…

I’m sure if you contact them, they’ll help if they can.

moto-way.com/services/ferrybridge/

Technically an offence of failing to stop after an accident of which it was and failure to report it to the police without 24 hours unless he or she has already done so .I saw a poor German driver being rudely awoken by a watercress lorry that hit him while trying to park up then drove off without swapping details with Wolfgang .

Tbh the damage was minor, pulled a panel off the fridge engine and a pipe off its fuel filter. The driver could genuinely have not noticed a thing.

I’d be surprised if work claim against it. For the cost of fixing it, it’s probably not worth it but that’s down to them.

Chris, if it was minor damage the police won’t be interested as someone damaged my car and said it was a civil matter and no witness even though her paint colour of her car matched the marks on mine and the height of them matched both cars, but they did send out a Polish translator to interview her at home.

You don’t have to report an accident to the police unless there is an injury and that has to be within 24 hours!!

Stephenjp:
You don’t have to report an accident to the police unless there is an injury and that has to be within 24 hours!!

WRONG

When the side mirrors are broken by a passing lorry it is sometimes too late to get their registration but that is failing to stop and report but it happens all the time with no comeback.
Or going off tangent to a fork lift driver who damaged the trailer inside on a back door tip and doesn’t admit it or the driver that doesn’t report damage to the tractor unit or trailer and books off to go home and you arrive at work to a busted motor that can’t be used or VOR or transfer the whole load as the trailer is unusable because someone didn’t admit it and passed it to the next driver.
When you see the driver responsible it is always; It was ok when I left it .

robthedog:

Stephenjp:

WRONG

Partially correct, If details have been exchanged and no injuries, then you don’t have to report to the police! And as the above is not classed as an rtc, as its on private land, this is a civil matter!