Im not concentrating enough!

Thats what my daf keeps telling me.For 61% of the time ,Im concentrating but the rest of the time,Im somewhere else…
How is your score,or have you ever got it up ti a hundred,is it even possible?

I seem to hover around 73

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Are you talking total score or anticipation or efficient braking score?

The combined scores affect the overall score.

It is not easy to get 100% at all imho but should be possible somehow.

That was back in 2019. I went out in one this week with a total score of 91% by the previous driver and by the end of my shift had increased it to 94% only 6% adrift but don’t have a picture of that. I only took that one when explaining to someone who didn’t understand what I was talking about.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

simcor:

That was back in 2019. I went out in one this week with a total score of 91% by the previous driver and by the end of my shift had increased it to 94% only 6% adrift but don’t have a picture of that. I only took that one when explaining to someone who didn’t understand what I was talking about.

What sort of DAF do you drive?

I’ve noticed that if you randomly ease off, cruise for a bit and then re-engage gently the DAF(t) thing thinks that’s good. In reality you have just held a load of people up. It kind of makes the assumption you slowed for a reason, like traffic or whatever.

Also, if you slow to a stop without braking at all that is excellent, you will get a big thumbs up for that one. You must have saved a fraction of a micron of the brake disc surface and a thimble of fuel. Fantastic, but just a shame for the sods behind you.

If it is sitting on 61% or something like that, I like to try and keep it going upwards rather than downwards. Anything like 80% plus and I don’t really bother looking too much but usually would stay about the same.

I used to reset it when running bobtail from docks to the yard. Looked great if anyone jumped in to download the tacho.

Rest of the time I couldn’t care less, the DAF system gives vastly different readings for the same driver depending on road type and weight carried. It is little to do with driver skills.

And having the dash lighting up for chuffing stupid ticks is plain silly. The dash should be for serious stuff not playing games, your concentration should be on your surroundings and on the road, not flashing messages about drops of fuel saved.

I drive a daf cf

Its all very well but if youre working for a company who wants everything delivered yesterday,you havent got time to concetrate on the score

I stopped paying so much attention to these things. I had a similar system on the S500 but it was riddles with inconsistency for example I could manually achieve a five star hill manoeuvre via lifting in the right places etc through my own actions, but leaving the cruise on to sort it out itself (as it advises to in the manual for “best results”) would give you zero stars and trash thd rest of the averages.

I had 100 a few times…driving like Miss Daisy.

If you are in urban areas, dont go above 25 and it doesnt register your score so you stay on 100…usr exhaust brake to stop, brakes are your enemy.

its all bs anyway…if you need to stop quickly your score suffers…but hitting someone or something doesnt matter, your score does!!!

When I started driving my current Daf - the overall score was 34%. After a few weeks it was up to 66%. However, the mpg had gone down? :open_mouth:

Not DAF but wtf is a"preventive stop manoeuvre"? This appears after the last two or three yards as I come to a very gentle halt.

My XF IS always around 47 doesn’t matter how I drive it never really changes ?
I’ve driven others that are around 70 still driven the same it’s a crap system with its little ticks

cav551:
Not DAF but wtf is a"preventive stop manoeuvre"? This appears after the last two or three yards as I come to a very gentle halt.

On an Iveco?

I think it happens when the collision avoidance gubbins thinks you stopped a bit close to the vehicle in front.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

I don’t drive…

The DAF a great deal but, as I remember there’s no option to ignore the display.

I could live with it if it didn’t start flashing away telling me what a good or bad boy I’ve been.

robthedog:
My XF IS always around 47 doesn’t matter how I drive it never really changes ?
I’ve driven others that are around 70 still driven the same it’s a crap system with its little ticks

It’s an average figure since last reset, I think. If you reset it the figures may be different.

yourhavingalarf:
I don’t drive…

The DAF a great deal but, as I remember there’s no option to ignore the display.

I could live with it if it didn’t start flashing away telling me what a good or bad boy I’ve been.

I’m pretty sure there is an option in there to turn off the “coaching”.

(edi to add) Although I haven’t driven a Daf for a couple of years now.

yourhavingalarf:
I don’t drive…

I cancel it on autopilot now, so can hardly remember the sequence:
Hit button > select driver aids > eco setting > Display > cancel. ?
Takes 2 seconds when youre used to it. Needs doing every time you turn on engine, but no sweat when its your daily drive.

Ed, as Roymondo says “Coaching”

Roymondo:

yourhavingalarf:
I don’t drive…

I’m pretty sure there is an option in there to turn off the “coaching”.

(edi to add) Although I haven’t driven a Daf for a couple of years now.

Thank you…

I’ll mess around with things and banish it forever.

Sand Fisher:

simcor:

What sort of DAF do you drive?

That was an XF programmed in mega eco mode, could manually change hears but not for long as it would just change back up automatically. 53mph and all the rest of the eco mode gubbins.

Usually CF these days when I don’t get a Renault. Although I prefer the renualts with the bigger cabs and no massive hump in the middle.

Went out in one the other night that was on a total of 91% and got up to 94% by the end of my shift so increased score by 3% during the night.

To get 100 you have to anticipate everything 100% of the time and drive like miss daisy as has been said. Rolling for ages using exhaust brake to slow you down and barely even touch the brakes.