Tesco strike part 2

After rejecting Tesco,s last pay offer of 4%, 9 distribution centres are now in the process of voting for or against industrial action. The ballot opened on 22nd November and closes on 6th December. Industrial action could start on the 20th December depending on the outcome of the ballot.

Heads up to you guys who visit the affected sites as there may be lengthy delays.

usdaw.org.uk/About-Us/News/ … -at-nine-T

Google “Tesco strike” plenty of news stories.

Four percent is a good pay offer, I’d be happy with that. It also depends on what strings are attached in order to get the four percent… Just read the article and with inflation at 6% I can understand why they turned it down.

sweepster:
Four percent is a good pay offer, I’d be happy with that. It also depends on what strings are attached in order to get the four percent… Just read the article and with the cost of living at 6% I can understand why they turned it down.

It’s not great when inflation is higher than that. That makes it a real terms pay cut.

This is a company that a few weeks back told its shareholders it was on target to make £26 billion in PROFIT.

sweepster:
Four percent is a good pay offer, I’d be happy with that. It also depends on what strings are attached in order to get the four percent… Just read the article and with inflation at 6% I can understand why they turned it down.

4% gives me £21.07 on my basic a week. From a company who had increased profits of over 16% for the first half of the current financial year.

toonsy:
This is a company that a few weeks back told its shareholders it was on target to make £26 billion in PROFIT.

Decade after…

Decade this happens. Increased company profits and obscene bonuses for chairmen etc whilst the grafters have to fight for scraps at the bottom.

Before the ballot even stared this week a letter was sent to the employees of the affected sites from a company director threatening us with loss of bonuses, loss of overtime, the sack and the future of our sites as well as non payment of full or part shifts worked during any action.

“Every little helps !” :wink:

Dimlaith:
Before the ballot even stared this week a letter was sent to the employees of the affected sites from a company director threatening us with loss of bonuses, loss of overtime, the sack and the future of our sites as well as non payment of full or part shifts worked during any action.

Well it’s not like they can get loads of EE, to replace the staff that are going to leave, if they go thro with there bullying threats…

biggriffin:

Dimlaith:

Well it’s not like they can get loads of EE, to replace the staff that are going to leave, if they go thro with there bullying threats…

Exactly, Tesco et all have taken advantage of cheap labour and now it bites them in the back side. The bully boy letter has only served to strengthen our resolve.

Dimlaith:

sweepster:

4% gives me £21.07 on my basic a week. From a company who had increased profits of over 16% for the first half of the current financial year.

That’s £11ph based on a 48 hrs week■■?

stu675:

Dimlaith:

sweepster:

That’s £11ph based on a 48 hrs week■■?[/quote

Try a 42.5 hr week.

To be fair we’ve not even got as far as being offered 4% yet, we’ve got further talks planned for the 10th I believe.

[/quote]
Its £26 billion turnover not profit!

Dont worry that profit will have turned into a loss by the time the accountants look at it - tesco only pay a fiver and a blackys egg in tax cos they strip out all the profit, claim the firm is barely making money so they con the taxman then dish it out to the shareholders/executive bonus payouts “for a hard year”

Just like to shout out to us agency bods to support any industrial action and not accept any assignments in the effected depots during the disputes.

Thurrock & Didcot have voted against strike action & to accept the 4% I was told on Thursday, by a union rep

Sploom:

Its £26 billion turnover not profit!
[/quote]
Actually we’re re both wrong as I now see i missed a decimal point :blush: Good job I’m not an accountant :laughing:

£2.6bn in profit.

Turnover above £33bn forecasted.

selby newcomer:
Thurrock & Didcot have voted against strike action & to accept the 4% I was told on Thursday, by a union rep

Didcot still going for strike action when I was there yesterday.

toonsy:

selby newcomer:

Didcot still going for strike action when I was there yesterday.

Dunno then mate, I was told the ballot was close & was just in favour of accepting the offer & not striking.

toonsy:

Sploom:

£2.6bn in profit.

Dear me, city boys will be jumping out of windows sans parachute so disappointed will they be at those figures :unamused:

Every little may help but it’ll be a cold day in hell before i cross the threshold of that company.