Amazon blockaded

seems to be a blockade of several amazon rdc ongoing, anyone there? might not be getting in to be tipped for a while

Why do they keep targeting the south east lol and particularly Essex. About time these clowns went up north.

Put me down for driving the water cannon [emoji1787][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adam277:
Why do they keep targeting the south east lol and particularly Essex. About time these clowns went up north.

Peterborough has been targeted too

And Manchester and Bristol

adam277:

erm literally the first paragraph says

In the UK, people from all across the country are taking part, with 13 blockades in Doncaster, Darlington, Newcastle, Manchester, Peterborough, Derby, Coventry, Rugeley, Dartford, Bristol, Tilbury, Milton Keynes and Dunfermline. These sites account for just over 50% of Amazon deliveries in the UK.

not sure how that managed to slip by your powers of observation :unamused:

This is…

Annoying. I’ve some trellis’ ordered from Jeff and I was rather hoping they’d arrive today. I’m trying to fence off the new purple wheely-bin the council have given me.

I’ve sent an email to my local MP about it and recieved a response quite quickly. It was a smiley face emoticon, so I assume that’s the standard reply to all emails?

Wait for all the van driver’s reaction when they realise they’re not going to get paid for the day.

peirre:

adam277:

Peterborough has been targeted too

Doncaster, Darlington, Gateshead, Manchester too

trucken:
Wait for all the van driver’s reaction when they realise they’re not going to get paid for the day.

Aren’t they all SE drivers , so no work no pay

adam277:

They are up here as well, They have blockaded the main one at Dunfermline.

Do amazon have smaller boxes :question:

To be fair to them, better to do this than block motorways.

Anyone that has done Amazon work will know what a wasteful set up it all is. Running half way across the country with empty trailers to then sit around for 3 hours and bring back 6 pallets. In my experience they have hauliers pulling more fresh air than stock. If the public knew what went on the tabloids would be up in arms. My lot did a regular run for them for ages hauling about 3 euro pallets of gear 150 miles on an artic daily. Also had numerous trucks everyday running into one of their hubs with about 2/3 pallets each on the back. Then there are the wasted journeys because of cancellations & complete lack of communication between their main tower and the sites.

blue estate:

trucken:

Aren’t they all SE drivers , so no work no pay

Exactly, can’t see them being very happy or understanding!!

rob22888:

Anyone that has done Amazon work will know what a wasteful set up it all is. Running half way across the country with empty trailers to then sit around for 3 hours and bring back 6 pallets. In my experience they have hauliers pulling more fresh air than stock. If the public knew what went on the tabloids would be up in arms. My lot did a regular run for them for ages hauling about 3 euro pallets of gear 150 miles on an artic daily. Also had numerous trucks everyday running into one of their hubs with about 2/3 pallets each on the back. Then there are the wasted journeys because of cancellations & complete lack of communication between their main tower and the sites.

I refer the honourable gentleman to the post I made earlier about “Effective Action”.

(if the first link doesn’t work…)

chrisdalott:
seems to be a blockade of several amazon rdc ongoing, anyone there? might not be getting in to be tipped for a while

BREAKING: AMAZON CRIMES WILL COST THE EARTH - Extinction Rebellion disrupts Black Friday by blocking 15 Amazon fulfilment centres  - Extinction Rebellion UK

Forget about gettin in to be tipped. I wonder if any drivers are stuck inside and cant get out. :laughing:

Daani:

chrisdalott:

BREAKING: AMAZON CRIMES WILL COST THE EARTH - Extinction Rebellion disrupts Black Friday by blocking 15 Amazon fulfilment centres  - Extinction Rebellion UK

Forget about gettin in to be tipped. I wonder if any drivers are stuck inside and cant get out. :laughing:

Will they be allowed to park inside for their daily rest then?
Every cloud…

With any luck the high winds will blow them all back home, I saw the police outside of EUK5 in Peterborough this morning and I thought that they might be there to control the traffic at shift change.

rob22888:

Only seems to be so wasteful in the uk when I was doing it last summer I was trunking to Barcelona always full and German loads were full as were the Dutch loads
Had a few cancellations from Coventry out though