Insecure load (with video)

It’s a fairly old clip, looks like it’s resurfacing because the court case surrounding it has ended.
How the driver of the wagon got away with just a fine, and such a small one at that, is beyond me. Could have easily killed someone directly, or caused am accident leading to fatalities and gets a fine that’s well under £500? Hardly acts as a deterrent to other drivers to secure loads properly if that’s all the punishment is

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

It’s not like he did something extremely dangerous, such as parking on a footpath. The law is such an ■■■.

Does look like there were edges in use so less likely a strap being worn by the blocks, but is it my imagination or was that truck really tanking it round the corner? Looked like the front end dipped a lot more than I would expect.

I also wonder if they were loaded with gaps between the pallets as they sometimes do to allow unloading by a grab arm. Never convinced its a safe idea as you’re totally relying on friction to the trailer bed.

Am very surprised as well by the fine. Wonder if the company got one too?

If you look at the video slowly from 0.3 to 0.5 , you’ll see that the first line of pallets on the headboard are double stacked.
Looks like the bottom pallet has collapsed, sending the top one out onto the road.
And yes I’ll agree, he does seem to be tonking it round that bend, (Nameplate in the windscreen says it all) :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
looks like the plastic wrap on the bottom pallet has given way, therefore no support for the top one.
Gotta say that the people in the car were ■■■■ lucky, could’ve been worse !

It’s all the predictable result of using a flat bed to haul packs of bricks blocks.
It’s totally reliant on the packaging to hold the load with no secondary containment provision for when the packaging system inevitably fails at some point.
It’s a job for a drop side or cage side vehicle/trailer which is designed to contain the load in the event of the packaging/binding failing.

Best end to the electric piece of crap

Night-and-day:

A ton of blocks drops on it, the driver walks away.
Better or worse than other cars? Dunno, but crap it ain`t.

pierrot 14:
If you look at the video slowly from 0.3 to 0.5 , you’ll see that the first line of pallets on the headboard are double stacked.
Looks like the bottom pallet has collapsed, sending the top one out onto the road.
And yes I’ll agree, he does seem to be tonking it round that bend, (Nameplate in the windscreen says it all) :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
looks like the plastic wrap on the bottom pallet has given way, therefore no support for the top one.
Gotta say that the people in the car were ■■■■ lucky, could’ve been worse !

Yep.
As the truck comes into sight, 0.2 to 0.3, I think you can see 1(?) pallet on top on the drivers side? Not gonna be good with plastic wrap and a single strap.

Night-and-day:

The electric piece of crap which can out accelerate almost every ICE engined car on the roads. A Model S is 0.6 seconds faster 0-60 than a Lamborghini Aventador, 0.2 seconds faster than every single Ferrari model there is and matches the worlds fastest 0-60 ICE engined production car, the Koenigsegg Gemera.

Surely a…

Net, like we all used back in the day, would have contained the bricks and possibly mateys Tesla might have remained ding free?

Conor:

Night-and-day:

The electric piece of crap which can out accelerate almost every ICE engined car on the roads. A Model S is 0.6 seconds faster 0-60 than a Lamborghini Aventador, 0.2 seconds faster than every single Ferrari model there is and matches the worlds fastest 0-60 ICE engined production car, the Koenigsegg Gemera.

Like I say piece of crap. All those times are all well and good but irrelevant because it’s missing one thing, an engine. It’s a fast milk float. Bought by fannies that stand eating their vegan sausage rolls, sipping on decaf skinny soy latte’s and listening to Greta Thunbergs podcast while the heap of ■■■■■ is charging up at the services. Bet they don’t do one in manual either, gayness of the highest order

yourhavingalarf:
Surely a…

Net, like we all used back in the day, would have contained the bricks and possibly mateys Tesla might have remained ding free?

Prob would have helped. A net would spread the restraint over the whole load, not just the bit the strap touches. (did it have corner boards?)
Net it loosely, then rope around the base of the top plt would hold it all in tightly, from all directions, quite neatly.

Night-and-day:
Bet they don’t do one in manual either, gayness of the highest order

Pretty sure…

They only have one gear so to speak. I’m sure if manual were a benefit in electric cars, the mega-corporation car manufacturers would fit them. I’m not aware of any electric cars with 3 pedals.

Then again, the ‘up front’ nature of your post leads me to think you don’t really care anyway.

Perhaps a bit of research first eh?

yourhavingalarf:

Night-and-day:
Bet they don’t do one in manual either, gayness of the highest order

Pretty sure…

They only have one gear so to speak. I’m sure if manual were a benefit in electric cars, the mega-corporation car manufacturers would fit them. I’m not aware of any electric cars with 3 pedals.

Then again, the ‘up front’ nature of your post leads me to think you don’t really care anyway.

I know full well they don’t do a manual one eh

Night-and-day:

Conor:

Night-and-day:

Like I say piece of crap. All those times are all well and good but irrelevant because it’s missing one thing, an engine. It’s a fast milk float. Bought by fannies that stand eating their vegan sausage rolls, sipping on decaf skinny soy latte’s and listening to Greta Thunbergs podcast while the heap of [zb] is charging up at the services. Bet they don’t do one in manual either, gayness of the highest order

All the fragile egos propped up by engines are starting to worry they’ll have to find a new prop. You sound a very insecure man. I bet you go on vegan pages on Facebook too to tell everyone how much meat you eat and how bloody you like a steak.

Night-and-day:

yourhavingalarf:
I’m not aware of any electric cars with 3 pedals.

I know full well they don’t do a manual one eh

Ironically I’d prefer a manual EV to an auto ICE.

motorbiscuit.com/yes-an-ev-c … nsmission/

While there’s a reason why they’ve ordered those vehicles with drop sides.Flats should be banned from carrying bricks and blocks.

flickr.com/photos/82080912@N05/51411519320

flickr.com/photos/wyliefox/19775358565

switchlogic:

Night-and-day:

Conor:

Night-and-day:

Like I say piece of crap. All those times are all well and good but irrelevant because it’s missing one thing, an engine. It’s a fast milk float. Bought by fannies that stand eating their vegan sausage rolls, sipping on decaf skinny soy latte’s and listening to Greta Thunbergs podcast while the heap of [zb] is charging up at the services. Bet they don’t do one in manual either, gayness of the highest order

All the fragile egos propped up by engines are starting to worry they’ll have to find a new prop. You sound a very insecure man. I bet you go on vegan pages on Facebook too to tell everyone how much meat you eat and how bloody you like a steak.

Oh look, it’s Trucknets very own James O’Brien. Hmmm, I don’t think your in any position to start making assumptions on peoples egos and insecurities when the evidence of yours is plastered all over the internet in video form. I don’t see the link between ego and my admiration for the internal combustion engine. To me it is a great piece of engineering that is the heart of a car and is what makes a car an awesome car to me. Therefore a car that is lacking said engine will always be of no interest to me, and in my eyes a piece of crap. I fail to be able to muster up any enthusiasm to an electric motor powered car instead of say the V8 M3 with is own adrenaline pumping soundtrack. To me these cars are the step to the future that is being forced on us that I have no interest in at all, electric self driving cars that humans have no input in, except to enter the destination. I’m not on Facebook or any other social media so no I don’t go on there bragging about how much meat I eat or how I like my steak cooked, and it’s lots and medium/well thanks. I wouldn’t bother communicating with the vegan community as their message that everyone should be vegan and be ashamed if your not is already getting through to me through other media so I’ll save myself the irritation

Night-and-day:
I don’t see the link between ego and my admiration for the internal combustion engine. To me it is a great piece of engineering that is the heart of a car and is what makes a car an awesome car to me. Therefore a car that is lacking said engine will always be of no interest to me, and in my eyes a piece of crap.

^ +1 The definition of Ferrari and AMG and BMW M division and numerous classic Brit and American manufacturers.

At last the car scene is finally waking up to the control freak nightmare facing it.The rule is only supposed to be no new fossil fuel fuelled ICE registrations after 2030.There is no ban on existing cars registered before that.
Or alternative fuelled ICE.An ICE will run just as happily on hydrogen as petrol and that’s what we need to be pushing such marques to bet on not EV’s, assuming that this whole silly nuke fuelled nightmare can’t be stopped and reversed.

Although to be fair my planned 500 hp +, with manual box, 3.5t Transit EV conversion, would probably be better than walking, cycling or public transport.
Although this argument needs to be moved to one of the suitable topics in Bullies.

It’s got nothing to do with a predictable collapsed pack of bricks potentially causing a fatal incident because they were being hauled on a flat when it needs to be a drop/cage side.

You should try one, you might just be pleasantly surprised.

I watched the video,but then I scrolled down the video about the whisky drinking lorry driver.
Fancy drinking whisky whilst driving ,ffs!