Taco advice

I’ve put a manual entry in to cover over 24 hours rest

The vehicle reader accepted and then has gone back to show my shift before yesterday with 4 hrs driving and 15 mins rest !!!

As I don’t want an infringement I’m taking half hour now but confused it’s done this

Also driving with occasional no card message appearing

?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What manual entry did you make?
What make tacho?

When I insert my card it asks
“Rest Until Now?”.
I enter “yes” .
That’s all the manual entries I need to do.

What are you needing to enter?
Some companies have their own methods on this, but seems to me, from reading posts, they create more problems than they solve.

When is it saying
“Driving without Card” ?
Before you insert your card?.
If so clear the message by pressing “OK” before inserting card.

I added a manual from end drive - work time until I left yard

Then rest from leaving yard until starting a shift 2 days later

Then work from start of shift

Flashed up no card when driving this morning

Bongobus11:
I added a manual from end drive - work time until I left yard

Then rest from leaving yard until starting a shift 2 days later

Then work from start of shift

Flashed up no card when driving this morning

It flashes up “Driving without card” if someone has moved the truck around the yard without a card in. Actually you only need to let the handbrake off and let it roll a couple if feet for this to happen!
As said, just press the OK button and it will clear it.
I recommend you tell it to give you a 24 Hr printout for today and also do it again for yesterday. Then you can see what is registered on your card.
Good luck, I did the same my first week too)

Print out all the days (including the days off between shifts) and see what is actually recorded against those days off. Pound to a pinch of snuff you’ve clocked up the manual entry and recorded Work for all those days.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Bongobus11:
The vehicle reader accepted and then has gone back to show my shift before yesterday with 4 hrs driving and 15 mins rest !!!

As
?

You do know that the tacho also shows your two week driving records is that what you are reading?

I would say cover your rear end and defect it. If it’s flashing up driving with no card when your card is inserted then there is a fault. This will have to be diagnosed/fixed by an authorised repairer only. If it’s a card error you can request a new one from dvla and still drive with print outs done for I think is 15 days. Either way I’d report it asap as not being sure is not an excuse that washes with dvsa

Jimjam81:
I would say cover your rear end and defect it. If it’s flashing up driving with no card when your card is inserted then there is a fault. This will have to be diagnosed/fixed by an authorised repairer only. If it’s a card error you can request a new one from dvla and still drive with print outs done for I think is 15 days. Either way I’d report it asap as not being sure is not an excuse that washes with dvsa

Yes. If saying “Driving with no card” when moving and your card is inserted summat is wrong. Needs defecting immediately.

Tacobell■■?..anyone■■? :smiley:

Franglais:

Jimjam81:

Yes. If saying “Driving with no card” when moving and your card is inserted summat is wrong. Needs defecting immediately.

Not necessarily. It could be a prior warning but because these warnings need verifying they’ll keep on appearing until they’ve been ok’d

toonsy:

Franglais:

Jimjam81:

Not necessarily. It could be a prior warning but because these warnings need verifying they’ll keep on appearing until they’ve been ok’d

I am making the assumption,

Franglais:
When is it saying
“Driving without Card” ?
Before you insert your card?.
If so clear the message by pressing “OK” before inserting card.

that this has been done, correctly.

Was saying this after my manual entry when card is in machine and I’m driving

I’ve put down to dodgy tacho so defected it with the company

Bongobus11:

When you get in the cab, do you take a few seconds to look at the tacho?
Wake it up by opening/closing the tray if needs be, before inserting card.
Check before inserting card that it isnt saying "Driving No Card" first. If so, clear it by acknowledging the msg by pressing OK. Check what is on the tacho screen rather than just following a routine, or set of actions. (Thats what us older fools normally do!)

Franglais:

Bongobus11:

When you get in the cab, do you take a few seconds to look at the tacho?
Wake it up by opening/closing the tray if needs be, before inserting card.
Check before inserting card that it isnt saying "Driving No Card" first. If so, clear it by acknowledging the msg by pressing OK. Check what is on the tacho screen rather than just following a routine, or set of actions. (Thats what us older fools normally do!)

[emoji106][emoji1634]

Bongobus11:

What slot did you put it in ?

robthedog:

Bongobus11:

What slot did you put it in ?

(That`s what us older fools normally do!)
[/quote]
[emoji106][emoji1634]

Look what you’ve done Bongo - You’ve given the old duffer alcohol before the watershed. Now it will all be the Boer war this and fuzzy wuzzy that. Matron and i were hoping for a quiet afternoon.

OwenMoney:

[emoji106][emoji1634]

Look what you’ve done Bongo - You’ve given the old duffer alcohol before the watershed. Now it will all be the Boer war this and fuzzy wuzzy that. Matron and i were hoping for a quiet afternoon.
[/quote]
[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

OwenMoney:

[emoji106][emoji1634]

[/quote]
Alcohol? I thought is was coffee in a glass. Honest!
Anyway, the sun is dropping down…somewhere, aint it? Thats what you tole me anyway.

Bongobus11:
I’ve put a manual entry in to cover over 24 hours rest

As I don’t want an infringement I’m taking half hour now but confused it’s done this

Also driving with occasional no card message appearing

?

I’ll bet a pound to a dollar your accidentally selected other work instead of rest on your manual entry. Easily done by mistake.

That’s the only way it would be showing your last drive time and break.

So I figure you’ll have at least a couple of infringements, lack weekly rest for starters.

Been there done it myself and got about 6 infringements in one go.

If so sign the infringement and do 2 printouts write on back manual entry error and give one to company and keep one with you for 28 days.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk