Legal proceedings

Monkey241:

Terry Cooksey:

Winseer:
I would imagine that tachos cannot provide one an alibi, for instance “Look, I was driving at this time on this date, therefore I couldn’t have been bumping someone off in Docklands in the 7.5t area whilst I was…”

Tachos - don’t tell any data as to where you ARE at any point.
Tachos - don’t prove that you were driving at any time, as the date could be altered on the vehicle digi unit.
Tachos - don’t prove that someone else is guilty of anything neither.

On the other hand, if you are in court accused of being on duty 6hours 4 minutes without a break, or 4hrs 35 continuous driving or 15hrs 10minutes on shift…
They’d prove your innocence, but on the other hand - surely no court in the land would piffle about with such a court-based case against one in the first place.■■?

While you’re right in saying a tacho doesn’t prove where you are, you’d be hard pressed to find a vehicle with a tacho fitted that doesn’t also have some sort of GPS tracking system. Use the tacho to prove who was driving, use the tracker to prove where

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

The tacho simple proves whose card is in at the time. Not who was driving.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

True but Kronos information if used for clocking in and out again would prove you were at work, again any other evidence to say you were at work/not at work on that day like tacho printout etc. Other driver/office staff testimonials as well. Any corrorberating evidence to show it was you at work and using your card in that truck, CCTV footage from work car park, microlise or other tracker info and trio sheet and check sheet etc. All that can requested to prove one or the way other.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk