Most you have been paid

I do expect a lot of bs in this thread but that’s to be expected :stuck_out_tongue:.
So yea, what is the most you have been paid in either a day, week or a month or a year as a HGV driver.

I’ll start off. I got paid recently £276 for 8 hours work on a Sunday which works out like £34 p/hr. Although that is kinda a one off.
Weekly about £713 after tax.
Monthly, no idea.

Should have renamed thread Most and Least been paid [emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did a double manned job from London to Soligorsk, Belarus, flew back from Minsk and was paid £997 after stoppages, it took three-and-a-half days. That was in the Mid-1990s too so it would be worth two or three times as much now.

Most in a week, £1100. Most in a year £35k last year but I usually do around 40hrs a week and no nights out.

Most per…

Night shift £27.50 ph for a Sunday as a Ltd company.

Best week ever £1159.00 on nights as a Ltd company.

As a company man on days at Wincanton out of the Brentford depot on chilled, I was clearing just over £520 pw which was top money back in 1983.

Don’t think I have top-lined £1000 in a week, but possibly close.

If only I could get sacked and get £7.5 million like Solskjaer.

Noremac:
Don’t think I have top-lined £1000 in a week, but possibly close.

If only I could get sacked and get £7.5 million like Solskjaer.

Hey, you have to feel sorry for the man. He got the sack and is not jobless.

In the early nineties in my former career in the coal mining industry they had a spate where they where throwing stupid money at the men to get them to break production records, the H&S rule book literally got throw out the window & I managed to take home just over £2200 in 1 week.
But this year I`ve managed to top £1300 in 1 week, 5 days in bank holiday Monday + 13hrs Saturday

Best ever day was Christmas Morning, sometime around the mid 90’s, some £500 for 5 hours work.
However on the same job got stitched up several times on a Friday afternoon covering a short run from any one a dozen sites in outer london into Kings Cross, would take around 4 or 5 hours given the typical traffic and due to the pay scheme in operation was worth exactly £3.50, was very glad to get out of that place.

peirre:
In the early nineties in my former career in the coal mining industry they had a spate where they where throwing stupid money at the men to get them to break production records, the H&S rule book literally got throw out the window & I managed to take home just over £2200 in 1 week.
But this year I`ve managed to top £1300 in 1 week, 5 days in bank holiday Monday + 13hrs Saturday

Wasn’t that a trick to get big stock piles ?

I took home £4123 last Dec.

That includes around £1k yearly fuel bonus, and shed loads of overtime shifts.

For the weekend of William/Kate wedding they had an extra bank holiday. I did Friday (£110 + £25 night out) Saturday and Sunday both (£155 + £25) then Monday and Tuesday both at (£265 + £25 night out on the Monday back in the yard Tuesday). I did that as a favour for an old company I had worked for and my full time job was van driving and they let me book the Friday as holiday so I could go drive the lorry.

Lovely earner £985 paid in cash, other lads thought I was crazy doing that when they spent the weekend drinking, I figured I do that every weekend anyway so I can miss one to make sweet money. That was 10yrs ago and never managed anything like that since.

I’m not a driver, most I’ve earned was £1300 a week take home on bio security during the foot and mouth outbreak in 2001. My easiest pay was £200 for 3 hours work on the door at a student bar in Liverpool China town New Year’s Eve 1993.

Best money was driving petrol tankers in London in the 80’s. Day shift only with job and knock. If my memory serves me well my basic wage was 18k
but it was possible to earn almost the same in extras. ex tanker drivers will know the score about that.

During my years training the money was nothing special. Started on 16k and ended up on 32k.

In my last ever job doing days and nights I was just shy of 40k but serious extra money for weekends or public holidays.

retired early and loving it. :smiley:

I play guitar in a fairly well known punk rock band. 2 years ago we played 3 gigs in Portugal and were paid 5k Euros for the tour. We were onstage for slightly less than 3 hours for the gigs. So (we are a 3 piece) I got just under £1400 for my work.

I know it’s not really relevant to the thread…but it was after all expenses (flights, food, drink, hotels etc etc etc) it was nice to feel like a musician for a few days rather than the reality of driving a truck.

I’m so successful that I still have to drive for a living!

Rugby remodeling,on rail job 2008?
£3996 for week,could’ve chucked extra four quid in,£896 tax

Did a fair bit of agency work for British Telecom in the mid 1990’s, night loading at Stafford. Union rates applied so even as a humble FLT driver I was on the same money as a Class 1 HGV.

After Stafford closed the job moved to Magna Park, I went on to other work as it was too far to commute. A couple of months later, the computer system had a massive meltdown, I was asked to go to Magna for a few weeks as I knew the old manual system. I demurred, they offered to pay accommodation so I went for it.

The actual figures escape me now, but after a month I had enough spare cash to buy myself a second-hand Harley-Davidson Sportster.

ezydriver:
I took home £4123 last Dec.

That includes around £1k yearly fuel bonus, and shed loads of overtime shifts.

You made 4000 in a year? you work for Rampage?

my last 2 days worked.
I’m sure others get more on here but cant complain at £300+ a day :stuck_out_tongue:
Also I get holiday in lieu so its probably around £400 a day.

ye i is flexing. feel free to mock me.

To be total honest i dont care what others drivers make.