Importance of bumper steps

How important is it for a driver/ a person to be able to reach the windscreen and door windows. for instance Iveco 7.5t and 16t have a step on the bumper. Some CABs dont and some you would it difficult to reach the windscreen or the side windows.

Is it very useful to have a step on the bumper, to clean and scrape ice?

Risk reduction, scraper or squeegee on a long handle keeps both feet on the ground

Thus is where a nicely timed night heater has had me spoilt for the last however many years.

It’d also why I buy Ford cars due to the heated screen :laughing:

toonsy:
Thus is where a nicely timed night heater has had me spoilt for the last however many years.

It’d also why I buy Ford cars due to the heated screen [emoji38]

Lots of makes now have heated front screens not just Ford. Ford’s patent on it ran out some time ago meaning other makes could also offer heated front windscreens.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

toonsy:
It’d also why I buy Ford cars due to the heated screen :laughing:

why is it when they break its always the drivers side that stops defrosting.

simcor:

toonsy:

It’d also why I buy Ford cars due to the heated screen [emoji38]

Lots of makes now have heated front screens not just Ford. Ford’s patent on it ran out some time ago meaning other makes could also offer heated front windscreens.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

Yeah but too late now for me to change my habits :slight_smile:

teatime:
Risk reduction, scraper or squeegee on a long handle keeps both feet on the ground

Or use one of those telescopic poles made for fitting corner protectors.

Night heater works best though.