New Truck

So I’ve been in the new job/truck for 3 weeks now, Its a 2019 DAF XF 530. Things I like; Masses of space, got top lockers instead of a top bunk.
Comfortable ride.
Adaptive Cruise Control, get on the A34 and don’t touch the pedals til Winnal :smiley:
Big middle locker that fits a microwave/grill combo that I can fit a full size plate in

Niggles; That ■■■■ night heater buzz. I’ve done searches and it seems its a water pump in the driver side of the centre console, cant find if it can be turned off or not■■? Wouldn’t mind if it was just a constant hum but it modulates up and down :unamused: Why they couldn’t locate it deep under the bonnet so its out of earshot…
Got a whistling drivers door, not sure if it needs adjustment (if thats even possible■■?) or if the seal is knackered.
That infernal DAF dinging alarm thing if you forget to leave it in neutral :laughing:
Cup holders don’t fit a travel mug, can just about wedge it into the door one but the swing out ones are either too small or with the top swung in a high mug just falls over.

Any help with the niggles appreciated :wink:

Fuzrat:
That infernal DAF dinging alarm thing if you forget to leave it in neutral

That is an easy one to fix…as I guess the :smiley: means you already know!

Fuzrat:
Cup holders don’t fit a travel mug, can just about wedge it into the door one but the swing out ones are either too small or with the top swung in a high mug just falls over.

Sack the designer!
And putting cup holder directly above a wee shelf…too small for A4 docs, but with power points for elec bits…see above.
But a conventional pottery mug, with no lid will fit said holders, if you don`t mind risking a spill.

Fuzrat:
So I’ve been in the new job/truck for 3 weeks now, Its a 2019 DAF XF 530. Things I like; Masses of space, got top lockers instead of a top bunk.
Comfortable ride.
Adaptive Cruise Control, get on the A34 and don’t touch the pedals til Winnal :smiley:
Big middle locker that fits a microwave/grill combo that I can fit a full size plate in

Niggles; That ■■■■ night heater buzz. I’ve done searches and it seems its a water pump in the driver side of the centre console, cant find if it can be turned off or not■■? Wouldn’t mind if it was just a constant hum but it modulates up and down :unamused: Why they couldn’t locate it deep under the bonnet so its out of earshot…
Got a whistling drivers door, not sure if it needs adjustment (if thats even possible■■?) or if the seal is knackered.
That infernal DAF dinging alarm thing if you forget to leave it in neutral :laughing:

Any help with the niggles appreciated :wink:

Can we get pic of the top lookers in lieu of the bunk. Only ever seen that as a design thing by a Dutch firm.

Yep easy fix on that one Franglais, still forget though :laughing:

Finished before I saw this Sand Fisher, will get a pic of the lockers for you when I can.

Another niggle is connecting to the bluetooth, I play spotify through the bluetooth on the stereo but it wont let me connect to the handsfree phone at the same time :unamused: need to have another look through the 6 inch thick manual I think :laughing:

So recycle [emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Some bluetooth connections only allow 1 device to be used at a time, so you have to disconnect to use another device - not sure in DAF’s but that may be your problem

hardyd44:
Some bluetooth connections only allow 1 device to be used at a time, so you have to disconnect to use another device - not sure in DAF’s but that may be your problem

Think you are right, handsfree has its own microphone and speaker which is nothing to do with the stereo. it worked fine for a couple of days plugging into the usb slot but gave up on playing music through the cable :unamused:

Fuzrat:
Niggles; That ■■■■ night heater buzz. I’ve done searches and it seems its a water pump in the driver side of the centre console, cant find if it can be turned off or not■■?

Can’t be turned off but it only runs until the coolant drops to a certain point and then it switches over to a regular diesel burning one so it’ll only run on the water one for a few hours tops, not all night.

Got a whistling drivers door, not sure if it needs adjustment (if thats even possible■■?) or if the seal is knackered

Door or windscreen? Usually it’s the windscreen, it’s a known issue and on some it can be quite loud to the point of deafening when driving in gales into a headwind on the limiter. A strip of gaffer tape down the offending edge that overlaps the glass and the metal pillar shuts it up.

Thanks Conor, Pretty sure its door, jetwash at the wrong angle and theres some drips inside. Will have a look at the windscreen too though :slight_smile:

We were both wrong, had the window down for a bit this morning, its the damned stainless mirror protector thingy :imp: might try tilting it round a bit so hopefully catches less air/better directs the air.

I know it’s an annoyance, but that in-gear reminder can help avoid some aggro. It’s my understanding that If you park it up overnight and the pressure drops it can leave you with a bit of a Catch-22 situation where you need to select Neutral to start the engine but can’t do this without air pressure (which you won’t have until you’ve started it…).

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Roymondo:
I know it’s an annoyance, but that in-gear reminder can help avoid some aggro. It’s my understanding that If you park it up overnight and the pressure drops it can leave you with a bit of a Catch-22 situation where you need to select Neutral to start the engine but can’t do this without air pressure (which you won’t have until you’ve started it…).

Was warned about this potential issue on my old Renault Premium.

Sidevalve:

Roymondo:

Was warned about this potential issue on my old Renault Premium.

This issue can also rear its head backing under trailers or maneuvering in awkward situations ie steep slopes requiring multiple braking, whilst you are concentrating on the job in hand you don’t notice the air pressure dropping down till all of a sudden you can’t get the thing out of gear and the clutch is engaging.
Had this with a square Actros on near enough my first agency outing after packing in the transporters (wagon and drag for many years) so was like being a newby again in many ways and i made such a meal of picking up the trailer on the sloped bank that the air dropped which i hadn’t noticed, it can get so bad there is no alternative but to switch off and try and download some air from an adjacent vehicle enough to get neutral and start again, luckily i managed to get it sorted myself.

Ah yes, that makes sense. Really dont want a call out if the air drops just to get it in neutral. could be a tad embarrassing :blush:

For Sand Fisher, some pics of the lockers instead of the top bunk. A good 18 inches deep and got to be the same high. This is the company that made them hatchercomp.co.uk/in-cab-lockers/ (stupid iphone pics are upside down, rightway up when opened though) Got more crap in there than I’ll ever need, then some :laughing: :laughing:

locker1.jpg

locker2.jpg

Fuzrat:
For Sand Fisher, some pics of the lockers instead of the top bunk. A good 18 inches deep and got to be the same high. This is the company that made them hatchercomp.co.uk/in-cab-lockers/ (stupid iphone pics are upside down, rightway up when opened though) Got more crap in there than I’ll ever need, then some :laughing: :laughing:

No thanks ill stick to me 2nd bunk up top I can pile more crap on it if I need to, and push it up for more room
And put the double driver up if needs must.