Cat and fiddle

Anyone use cat and fiddle in artic, going from Macclesfield to Buxton looks best route?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boris1971:
Anyone use cat and fiddle in artic, going from Macclesfield to Buxton looks best route?

Depends how much you like the twisty stuff but yeah I have and would use it. Deffo not if any chance of snow though then I’d avoid it like the plague.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

simcor:

Boris1971:

Depends how much you like the twisty stuff but yeah I have and would use it. Deffo not if any chance of snow though then I’d avoid it like the plague.

Living in Buxton I’ve used it 1000s of times , no problem , as long as you don’t drive like Lewis Hamilton , and watch out for the average speed cameras coming down from theCat and Fiddle . About 25 minutes run .

rigsby:

simcor:

Boris1971:

Living in Buxton I’ve used it 1000s of times , no problem , as long as you don’t drive like Lewis Hamilton , and watch out for the average speed cameras coming down from theCat and Fiddle . About 25 minutes run .

Depends if he comes head on with a tipper driver [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-A217F using Tapatalk

Back in the day my company had several trailer loads to shift from Hull to Macclesfield.The senior driver and i had an exchange of views because he set off 30 mins.before me and arrived 30 mins.after.It turned out he used M62 and M6 whereas I travelled via Sheffield and Buxton.A radical idea but I remember pre motorway days when cog swopping and negotiating bends were routine.

Gidders:
Back in the day my company had several trailer loads to shift from Hull to Macclesfield.The senior driver and i had an exchange of views because he set off 30 mins.before me and arrived 30 mins.after.It turned out he used M62 and M6 whereas I travelled via Sheffield and Buxton.A radical idea but I remember pre motorway days when cog swopping and negotiating bends were routine.

To be fair, any route from Hull to Macclesfield that includes the M6 is surely a ■■■■-take by someone wanting to drag the job out.

Roymondo:

Gidders:

To be fair, any route from Hull to Macclesfield that includes the M6 is surely a ■■■■■■■■■ by someone wanting to drag the job out.

How dare you suggest that.
I’d take the motorway because it is the safest route.
Especially on a weekend when I’m on double bubble.

Is that Cat and Fiddle pub still up there with the lay by opposite?
I remember parking there once in the 80s and buying C & F pub t shirts for the Mrs and kids off the landlord.
They will still be in the loft somewhere…the shirts not the wife and kids btw. :laughing:

rigsby:

simcor:

Boris1971:

Much safer now that Allinsons Fodens aren’t coming at you two abreast Dave! :open_mouth: :slight_smile:

Pete.

robroy:
Is that Cat and Fiddle pub still up there with the lay by opposite?
I remember parking there once in the 80s and buying C & F pub t shirts for the Mrs and kids off the landlord.
They will still be in the loft somewhere…the shirts not the wife and kids btw. :laughing:

Yes it’s still there , it stood empty for a few years but it’s now a cafe and the cellar is a gin distillary . Very popular with bikers at weekend (the cafe , not the distillary).

Use this website maccinfo.com/cat/ to check the weather and closures, there used to be one for the snake and woodhead pass too but alas it is no more