Adr tanker agencies

Hello. I’m based in runcorn and would just like to know if any of you know of any agencies in the surrounding area that offer straight forward drop and swap tanker adr work. Only after 1 or 2 shifts a week. I didn’t know if their was any specific agencies that offered this or if they are paying a high rate at the minute for this kind of work. Any info much appreciated. Thanks

Pretty much all companies dealing with tankers will expect you as the driver to be responsible for loading and unloading. You would be trained on how to do this if that’s what you’re concerned about.
Best bet round your way is Proactive Personnel in Warrington, they supply loads of drivers to Brenntag who run out of Widnes and get most of their loads out of the various Ineos sites in Runcorn

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Terry Cooksey:
Pretty much all companies dealing with tankers will expect you as the driver to be responsible for loading and unloading. You would be trained on how to do this if that’s what you’re concerned about.
Best bet round your way is Proactive Personnel in Warrington, they supply loads of drivers to Brenntag who run out of Widnes and get most of their loads out of the various Ineos sites in Runcorn

Cheers for the reply

Thought that could be the case. Not really interested in getting trained up on anything because I’m aware of how many loads and tips what are needed before getting passed out and like I said I’m only after 1 or 2 shifts a week.

Not sure about all tanker work, but I’ve just finished a spell delivering emulsion and these tanks could not be dropped with product on board as the weight would fracture the tank. Something about structural integrity.

LazyDriver:
Not sure about all tanker work, but I’ve just finished a spell delivering emulsion and these tanks could not be dropped with product on board as the weight would fracture the tank. Something about structural integrity.

Tanks can be dropped when loaded, in fact it can often be safer than boxes or curtainsiders as a fluid load will have more even weight distribution (if in doubt you could raise the suspension a touch to send the weight to the back).
The main issue with dropping tanks is that discharging the product often requires a pump or compression, both of these are usually done with the help of a vehicle mounted PTO.
OP, if you don’t know how to operate tanks and aren’t willing to learn then you’re going to find it almost impossible to find work.

I’m from the same area & involved in ADR tank work. I’ve never heard of any drop & swap work.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Terry Cooksey:

LazyDriver:

Tanks can be dropped when loaded, in fact it can often be safer than boxes or curtainsiders as a fluid load will have more even weight distribution (if in doubt you could raise the suspension a touch to send the weight to the back).
The main issue with dropping tanks is that discharging the product often requires a pump or compression, both of these are usually done with the help of a vehicle mounted PTO.
OP, if you don’t know how to operate tanks and aren’t willing to learn then you’re going to find it almost impossible to find work.

I think Lazy Driver has a good point.
Some tanks are chassis-less, and weight in the front needs to supported through the fifth wheel.
But yes, some tanks can be dropped when loaded.
And not all tanks are single pots of course so playing with suspension in a multi pot will do nowt.
Not all product is pumped from road tanks either.

You are quite right there is a lot of variation.

Theres tanks, and theres tanks.

Can’t see as you’ll be in much if any demand, its nothing like general transport where swapping trailers constantly on bays or for fork truck loading is typical, on some companies tanks stay attached to the same tractor for days and sometimes weeks at a time.

Plenty of agency lads pulling tanks, but either they’ll be collecting/delivering the load themselves or chauffering the vehicle but remain on site whilst a full timer already delivering to the same or a nearby site does the donkey work.
You’ll be much more likely to get the days you want if trained so they can slot you in to replace a missing trained driver.

Rapidstart are a adr agency and work all over the country

Sent from my SM-A217F using Tapatalk

ag1992:
Rapidstart are a adr agency and work all over the country

I had a look at their vacancies page, it mentions the word ‘umbrella’

LazyDriver:

I suspect it’s not that they can’t be dropped at all, but that the rough and tumble of constant dropping and swapping when full could ultimately take a toll on the lifetime of the tanker.

If there were genuine structural reasons why a tank couldn’t be decoupled at all when full, there would surely be far stronger safety constraints in place. The dynamic forces on the average British road also surely impose far greater strains on the tanker than the static load of supporting a short overhang.

There are also risks associated with constant dropping and swapping. A trailer can be dropped on its knees. There can be maneouvering bumps. It throws open the job to men who aren’t sufficiently responsible to be trusted to load and unload. It leads to poorly maintained trailers and worn parts, as each tank constantly changes hands.