Langdons

Just heard that the company I work for here, STEF, have bought the above company from the Negal Group.
It’s in most of the truck mags over here.

globalcoldchainnews.com/ste … gel-group/

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

pierrot 14:
Just heard that the company I work for here, STEF, have bought the above company from the Negal Group.

Hopefully the first thing they’ll do is get rid of the shunter in the Redditch yard total tw_nt :smiley:

pierrot 14:

Just wondering what STEF are like? We’ve been told that we’re unlikely to see any changes once the purchase does goes through…

simcor:
https://www.globalcoldchainnews.com/stef-expands-into-uk-with-acquisition-of-langdons-from-nagel-group/

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Thanks for that link Simcor

Saves me having to paste the French report and spend hours translating it :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

mbax81:

pierrot 14:

Just wondering what STEF are like? We’ve been told that we’re unlikely to see any changes once the purchase does goes through…

I have no complaints with the company at all.
and doubt they’ll be changes happening at the Langdons depots either,

pierrot 14:

mbax81:

pierrot 14:

I have no complaints with the company at all.
and doubt they’ll be changes happening at the Langdons depots either,

Thanks for that. Yeah, I expect they’ll just let it tick over and mop up the profits!!

Would also explain why the new trls have stopped coming in, and people have been struggling for new uniform.

I know that Langdon’s have become unreliable recently according to my customers. Missed collections and delayed deliveries. We have picked up quite a lot of work with people sending direct through us instead of Langdon’s network. Not saying it’s connected, just saying

idrive:
I know that Langdon’s have become unreliable recently according to my customers. Missed collections and delayed deliveries. We have picked up quite a lot of work with people sending direct through us instead of Langdon’s network. Not saying it’s connected, just saying

Some of depots have been struggling for drivers i believe? Warehouse staff too. They also capped plts, cherry picking the better work and letting the not so great stuff go from what I have been told.

mbax81:

idrive:

Some of depots have been struggling for drivers i believe? Warehouse staff too. They also capped plts, cherry picking the better work and letting the not so great stuff go from what I have been told.

Yes sounds about right. They have always cherry picked to a degree, quite hard to open an account with them. Also have different rates for different customers. I have seen the rate sheets for different customers and up to £40 difference on a frozen pallet to and from the same zones. Still, any work they are shedding whether intentional or not is good news for me.

Hope it stays stable for you mate.
Can I ask are you on c+d or trunking?

idrive:

mbax81:

idrive:

Yes sounds about right. They have always cherry picked to a degree, quite hard to open an account with them. Also have different rates for different customers. I have seen the rate sheets for different customers and up to £40 difference on a frozen pallet to and from the same zones. Still, any work they are shedding whether intentional or not is good news for me.

Hope it stays stable for you mate.
Can I ask are you on c+d or trunking?

Im on artic on chill net, so as I’m sure you can imagine some days I’m taking it where only a rigid should be going! Next day could be bulk/full load work.

It’s calmed down at lot since it was capped. It was horrendous as soon as all the lockdowns were lifted!

Pre plague we were sending 50 pallets a day on average to Peterborough to go onto Landons chill net service, these were invariably one or two pallet drops nationwide that weren’t economically feasible to send on our artics. Since the pallet cap we’ve been doing them all in house. Some of the drops are a PITA to get into but overall from my POV its been fantastic going out with 26 pallets on and taking four or five days to tip them all in places and areas we never go to normally.

the maoster:
Pre plague we were sending 50 pallets a day on average to Peterborough to go onto Landons chill net service, these were invariably one or two pallet drops nationwide that weren’t economically feasible to send on our artics. Since the pallet cap we’ve been doing them all in house. Some of the drops are a PITA to get into but overall from my POV its been fantastic going out with 26 pallets on and taking four or five days to tip them all in places and areas we never go to normally.

And on the flip side of that I’m not dragging an urban Trl thru the Yorkshire dales, trying to find a farm shop or a butchers in middle of nowhere as often now!

^^^^ :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: win win my friend :smiley:

Mbax

keep in touch and let me know how things progress
and if I hear anything from my end, I’ll let you know.

pierrot 14:
Mbax

Will do. All we’ve been told so far is it’s likely to happen in the new year.

mbax81:

pierrot 14:
Mbax

Will do. All we’ve been told so far is it’s likely to happen in the new year.

that’s what we’ve heard over here too , that 2022 will be when it will be finalised.

Brought this back to life just to say that
going by our firms newsletter and reports in the Routier magazine
the deal is all done and dusted
For now Langdons will be keeping their livery and all depots will remain open
with no loss of staff.
Apparently there will still be a connection with K&N gmbh
just to keep the corridor open between clients in the UK and Germany

mbax81 let me know if there has been any changes at your end

Taken from monthly news letter. Nothing has changed, yet anyway!

NEW YEAR, NEW
COMPANY!
We joined the Stef Group from 1
January 2022. Changes may take
place to our vehicles, processes and
equipment over the weeks and months
ahead. Where they may have an impact
we will update you.
Whilst we are going through this
process, if you answer the phone on
behalf of the company, please answer
using "Langdons” as the company
name.

Thanks for the reply.
I’ve often wondered why STEF have never ventured into the UK before,
like buying out a company or even setting up their own depot there,
seeing as we do so much in the UK, in both directions.
We’ve always used freight forwarders like Peter Green in Evercreech, to deliver our groupage,
or delivered direct to our customers
Setting up in the UK is now our 8th country in Europe,
where we actually have a branch of the company.

Anyway, if I hear any more I’ll let you know
Take care
Oh and Happy New Year to you