Anyone at Next?

Am I missing something here?

Average salary £45 - £50k, with overtime opportunities available to increase your earning potential

Rates of Pay: £14.22 days - £17.22 nights
£20.22 Friday night
£17.22 Saturday day - £23.22 Saturday night
£20.22 Sunday day
Premium of x 1.5 after 42 hrs
Shift Types: AM/PM/NIGHTS

What’s the catch with this Job■■?
It seems to good to be true at Next
what’s the catch?

Another company obviously being economical with the truth to attract the thicko’s. No offence to the OP

Calculate the wage by the highest rate and maximum hours, when in reality the only hours available are just up to when the overtime rate kicks in.
:smiling_imp:

drover:
Another company obviously being economical with the truth to attract the thicko’s. No offence to the OP

Calculate the wage by the highest rate and maximum hours, when in reality the only hours available are just up to when the overtime rate kicks in.

thicko who u calling thick like
I’m asking what’s up with the job at Next
do the sums
if you do night shift on 17.22 for 42 hour basic is 37k
then if you do 8 hours overtime 17.22 x 1.5 x 8 is 10k
so you would earn 47k on 50 hour week doing nights. 5 x10 hour shifts sound good to me.
before the weekend rates that’s just based on the basic 17.22 for nights.
that’s why I’m asking what the problem with next is?

Themoocher:

drover:

do the sums
so you would earn 47k on 50 hour week doing nights. 5 x10 hour shifts sound good to me.

Oohh your hard

You work a very lot of weekends.

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

drover:

Quoting average wage is just a carrot.
The overtime rate is obviously well short of double time for Sunday.

Do yourself a favour and just at 14.22 p/h for over a working year and see what you get. It sure as hell wont be anything close to 45 grand a year.

Use this as a calculator : moneysavingexpert.com/tax-calculator/

You can soon suss out the liars from the honest companies. Personally I’d work for a lower advertised wage on the basis that they’re being honest, not this crap where they say you’ll be on 40k a year when in reality you’d have to work overtime every day, night and weekend which is not only physically impossible but also illegal.

No different than these pyramid schemes that say “you can earn up to 100k A YEAR!!!” when in reality, to do that you’d have to bust your balls selling more crap to indifferent people than anyone in the history of humanity has ever done before.

flammen:
Do yourself a favour and just at 14.22 p/h for over a working year and see what you get. It sure as hell wont be anything close to 45 grand a year.

Use this as a calculator : moneysavingexpert.com/tax-calculator/

You can soon suss out the liars from the honest companies. Personally I’d work for a lower advertised wage on the basis that they’re being honest, not this crap where they say you’ll be on 40k a year when in reality you’d have to work overtime every day, night and weekend which is not only physically impossible but also illegal.

No different than these pyramid schemes that say “you can earn up to 100k A YEAR!!!” when in reality, to do that you’d have to bust your balls selling more crap to indifferent people than anyone in the history of humanity has ever done before.

I can’t see a big firm like next letting you work 100 hours a week.
down south the rates are £15.78 and 14.22 Yorkshire on days p/h basic just now. x 1.5 after 42 hours and weekend enhanced rates.
iv never seen wages that high on retail trucks on the books.

I dont think them rates are so unbelievable? Certainly not to such a level where so much cynicism is thrown at it.

The pay scheme is similar to the one I’m on.

toonsy:
I dont think them rates are so unbelievable? Certainly not to such a level where so much cynicism is thrown at it.

The pay scheme is similar to the one I’m on.

It’s getting interesting for me

17 p/h on nights driving a next truck on x1.5 after 42 hours and enhanced weekend rates.

I’m ready for packing in cranes and jumping on a next wagon if its genuine

these rates were unheard of until the past year

Themoocher:

Average salary £45 - £50k, with overtime opportunities available to increase your earning potential

£20.22 Friday night
£20.22 Sunday day

what’s the catch?

Next has always been pretty good wages, but you will have to get on with silly start times, start times changed around constantly and on short notice, most of the weekends working, when you take all that in to the account 14.22 doesn’t seem that good anymore.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

To the op why are you wasting everyone’s time. Your asking but don’t accept any negative comments. You have already made up your mind and looking for positive reinforcement. Just take the job if your so keen

Themoocher:

drover:

do the sums

Great so you can add up congrats :laughing:

Go & fill ur boots if you think you will get that overtime every week :exclamation:

I was just stating the fact that some companies like to quote the maximum available wage to attract the thicko’s that are blinded by the headline wage claims.
In reality those hours/wages are probably normally not achievable or perhaps maybe only at peak time like 1 week around xmas.

Oh & i didn’t call you a thicko, i said no offence to the OP but we all know you like a bit of drama in your life.

I once took a job that, at interview they offered a fab Sunday rate to make the poor weekday rate less offensive. The yard was closed at 12:30 on Saturdays and reopened at 6:00 on Mondays.
It was a local firm that used to use a lot of ‘brown envelopes’ for established drivers, so worked out well in the end. But it’s this sort of thing that drover is on about.

^^

I would have just worked sundays at that place!

^^^
:smiley: That’s what i do now. :stuck_out_tongue:

Themoocher:

£20.22 Friday night
£20.22 Sunday day

what’s the catch?

Can’t comment on the job at Next because i know nothing about it but those BASIC rates look good to me, my job entails a lot of weekend working which i am happy to do, i get similar rates with very little overtime, but the weekend working really bumps up the average. Looking at the basic for Monday to Friday, the minimum you should earn would be 31k thats with NO overtime so if you take that as a starting point the wages should be OK, the figure of 41k is probably easily achievable with working plenty of weekends, i am more than happy to have my rest days in the middle of the week if it means i can earn more. I am here to make money not moan about working weekends :smiley: , Saturday and Sunday are just another day to me, if you have young kids i suppose it’s different.

Edit…I also see they are currently offering a 2k welcome bonus

Next has always had a slightly bumped up rate in comparison to the average in Yorkshire. It was £14.03 over the last year or two and the are constantly advertising.

They are heavily unionised, shifts are allocated on length of service and sickness records. So don’t expect to go in there on 6am starts, unless you are wanting store deliveries.

If they decide to change the shifts which they frequently do you will be allocated on length of service.

The jobs they are advertising will be Afternoons and nights, all trunking from Wath and a mixture of trunking and stores out of Elmsall. You are on a rota for your shifts you get about 3 full weekends off in 17 or thereabouts.

So there would be a possibility of earning the stated figures, but only because you will be working a lot of weekend nights.

Jimmy McNulty:
Next has always had a slightly bumped up rate in comparison to the average in Yorkshire. It was £14.03 over the last year or two and the are constantly advertising.

They are heavily unionised, shifts are allocated on length of service and sickness records. So don’t expect to go in there on 6am starts, unless you are wanting store deliveries.

If they decide to change the shifts which they frequently do you will be allocated on length of service.

The jobs they are advertising will be Afternoons and nights, all trunking from Wath and a mixture of trunking and stores out of Elmsall. You are on a rota for your shifts you get about 3 full weekends off in 17 or thereabouts.

So there would be a possibility of earning the stated figures, but only because you will be working a lot of weekend nights.

Thanks for the info jinmy
Do you do much overtime or is it max 42 hours a week

Jimmy McNulty:

Thanks for that Jimmy. The job I’ve been looking at is class 1 afternoon starts - do they still have you delivering to little shops in a class 1?