Absolutely fuming and gobsmacked!

applecomson:

robroy:

applecomson:
Agency driver here working for a very well known company.
Last Monday I pulled out of the depot and headed off down the road, as I was getting close to the M1 an engine malfunction warning light and buzzers go off and the exhaust is chucking out smoke.
Being the considerate soul that I am I get the lorry to the services which were only 2-3 miles down the road and park up. I eventually manage to get through to someone at our depot to tell them what’s happened and they give me the number of the company’s main helpline which I had to add credit to my phone to ring as my plan doesn’t cover 0845 numbers.
So I call the number and explain the issue, they ask the usual where are you parked, what’s the problem etc etc and then they tell me they’ll call out the local DAF agents to come and see what’s wrong. The agents call me and tell me 90 minutes to 2 hours.
So I wait and after about 90 minutes a lad in a van turns up and plugs in his laptop and after 15-20 minutes tells me that the EBV ( ? ) is faulty and tips the cab and shows me the problem. Get it back to base and defect it and let them sort it he says.
I phone our transport up and they tell me to bring it back to the depot so I do that and defect it.

Job done or so I thought ! Anyone care to guess what’s not long happened ?

Why did you not get the Agency to organise things instead of settling for them giving you the number.
Or at least why did you not tell them you were unable to make any calls as your phone credit would not cover it.
If it was me, I’d have reported the fault, rang them to sort things,.and got in the bunk…on full pay,.waiting for DAF to ring me.

Crossed lines, the agency weren’t involved at all, the only phone calls made were the the haulage company, they organised the call out.

I get that mate, but you said they gave you a number to ring that your phone couldn’t do.
Your responsibility ended at the phone call to the firm, THEY should have done the rest, they should have rang the co.helpline, giving them your phone no for filters to ring you.to find out the symptoms to the problem…that was my point.
I would be at them until you re.couped your losses off them.