Cabotage To The Rescue

The UK Government says it is “set to bolster supply chains by extending cabotage rights".

In order to cure supply chain problems (which as we all know are nothing to do with Brexit, but are a direct result of over 10 years of Tory rule)
HM Govt are set to allow unlimited cabotage within a 2 week period.

Temporary fixes a speciality of this wonderful Prime Minister and his dream set of Ministers, two weeks is all it will take.
Three weeks to flatten the curve set the tone.
All we’re waiting for now is the calculations of Always on the Money Prof Pantsdown and our troubles are over.
:unamused:

The beginning of the end…

Luckily, the Donkey is leaving the downward spiral that is general haulage tomorrow, and getting back on work that won’t be done by cabbotage…

Always leave the ship, before the rats take to the boats…

The deluded LibDem muppet really thinks they’ll turn down a backload from UK to Italy to do a run from the rail freight terminal to the local supermarket RDC and RDC to supermarket at 1.50 per mile instead.
He probably also thinks that they won’t mind doing some warehouse duties while they’re waiting instead of booking POA.

Carryfast:
The deluded LibDem muppet really thinks they’ll turn down a backload from UK to Italy to do a run from the rail freight terminal to the local supermarket RDC and RDC to supermarket at 1.50 per mile instead.
He probably also thinks that they won’t mind doing some warehouse duties while they’re waiting instead of booking POA.

Now you really are showing your one trick pony ignorance…

Why unlimited? Why not just match thd EU and lift it from two to three operations so they can do “a bit” more but also lowers the risk of the domestic haulage scene having their eyeballs ripped out for thd next six months or so.

the nodding donkey:

Carryfast:

Now you really are showing your one trick pony ignorance…

A domestic transport policy, based on taking long haul freight off the road and putting it on rail, but then utilising foreign based long haul Euro road transport operations to do the remaining local work because no one here wants it, is pure comedy not ignorance.

According to the article, not just EU hauliers, but some non-EU hauliers can take part too, namely Belarus and Morocco.

Oh well, the recent pay rises were nice. But as you were, lads.

toonsy:
Why unlimited? Why not just match thd EU and lift it from two to three operations so they can do “a bit” more but also lowers the risk of the domestic haulage scene having their eyeballs ripped out for thd next six months or so.

The government says there is overcapacity in the UK haulage industry.
Then it says there is insufficient capacity when it suits it.
Then it says it intends to take freight off the road and put it on rail with the infrastructure being put in place to do it.
The government’s obvious intention is to rip the eyeballs out of the industry.

Uhhh… so this is allowing foreign workers to take our jobs?

I shall keep looking in the direction I’m looking [not general haulage]. Should be safe[er]?

From the article
“Given the Brexit border friction and the likelihood of having to come back with an empty load,”
From experience I would say this is getting worse too. Watch for balance of trade figures once the initial Brexit fluctuations die down, and the COVID related stuff does away.
Our goods exports have dropped more than imports. There have always been more empty trucks leaving the UK than entering, and I reckon that difference is increasing.
It’ll take a while for the figures to show but it ain’t looking good from my seat.

Any mention of loads being taken only at some minimum rate? Any mention of “The going rate” as there is with giving work visas out?
Screwing the bosses along with drivers then.
UK firms paying higher wages will be even less competitive with EU firms than they were last year.

Back to the 2018 "bloke from the pub " is it?
lemonde.fr/economie/article … _3234.html

Ed to add
And no reciprocity agreement, neither in general haulage nor in the visa hit touring sector.
I’ve been told of changes happening there, but with no printed proof, it’s all currently rumour.

ezydriver:
According to the article, not just EU hauliers, but some non-EU hauliers can take part too, namely Belarus and Morocco.

Oh well, the recent pay rises were nice. But as you were, lads.

Just for those Polish and East Euro wearers of plastic sandals? Those who always get slagged off here?
Those of is who actually listened remember that Brexit wasn’t about restrictions for industry. It was about Global trade and more freedoms.
We have reams of extra paperwork already, now business are free to pass over the expensive EE countries and go global.
Make Bezos Great Again!

Franglais:
From the article
“Given the Brexit border friction and the likelihood of having to come back with an empty load,”
From experience I would say this is getting worse too. Watch for balance of trade figures once the initial Brexit fluctuations die down, and the COVID related stuff does away.
Our goods exports have dropped more than imports. There have always been more empty trucks leaving the UK than entering, and I reckon that difference is increasing.
It’ll take a while for the figures to show but it ain’t looking good from my seat.

Any mention of loads being taken only at some minimum rate? Any mention of “The going rate” as there is with giving work visas out?
UK firms paying higher wages will be even less competitive with EU firms than they were last year.

Ed to add
And no reciprocity agreement, neither in general haulage nor in the visa hit touring sector.
I’ve been told of changes happening there, but with no printed proof, it’s all currently rumour.

I know you like your links and think that anything you research is right but who exactly is Michael Clover? Do a quick search and you’ll see that what he says about the UK’s trade figures with the EU does not stand up check the ONS, Reuters etc perhaps Michael Clover is the bloke from the pub to!!!

Waberers for all their faults have said they wont be doing it. Saw an article some where. Who would want to come.I am seeing less Eastern Europe trucks these days.

WheelsofCardiff:
Waberers for all their faults have said they wont be doing it. Saw an article some where. Who would want to come.I am seeing less Eastern Europe trucks these days.

Think their 22 million euro loss last year might be a factor too, don’t see quite so many in Europe at the minute either

Girteka will be pleased.

Please read my previous topic titled " UK Truck drivers shafted by the TORIES !!!"

I rest my case!!!

AMEN

It cant be!! All the tories on the board were screaming like a biyatch that the tories are the party for working men!!

Mazzer2:

Franglais:
From the article

Ed to add

I know you like your links and think that anything you research is right but who exactly is Michael Clover? Do a quick search and you’ll see that what he says about the UK’s trade figures with the EU does not stand up check the ONS, Reuters etc perhaps Michael Clover is the bloke from the pub to!!!

Please give links to these figures you’re referring to?
And part of my post was my own (subjective, not objective, I agree) experience.