Suspended Sentence/Pulling Card

Driver has 6month prison sentence, suspended for 18 momths,for repeatedly pulling his card.

Some will never learn. Better to explain than pull a card.

Sorry left out link
express.co.uk/news/uk/15053 … un-eu-laws
Multiple offences, and other drivers are same company doing…stuff…too.

Blagged his card to…‘Save his marriage’’ :neutral_face:
Aye right. :unamused:
Looks like he (or his brief) fooled the court anyhow. :laughing:

Franglais:
Sorry left out link
express.co.uk/news/uk/15053 … un-eu-laws
Multiple offences, and other drivers are same company doing…stuff…too.

Is his name “taff” from another recent interview which claimed this was the dine thing on a wide scale?

I must admit I was suicidal if I didn’t get home on a Friday night , if it wasn’t for a cans of cider I think I’d of gone for a walk up the A1
I know he’s drove a extra hour but what does 9 hrs in a lay-by & still a hour home in the morning achieve ,surely a night in your own bed , family is more beneficial to everyone
I won’t do it now for obvious reasons , but I do understand why he did it , just wanted to go home , who doesn’t

Some peoples lack of knowledge is actually quite scary; I was shunting once when a driver asked me for his keys back in order to pop his card! I asked him why on Earth he hadn’t told me he was running out of time at least an hour earlier so we could have worked something out and his reply was along the lines of “it doesn’t matter, once my card is out nothing is recorded, so I’ll still be able to get home tonight “ staggering!

I thought the rules only applied when it suits the authorities, in times of pandemic they just change them :question:

drover:
I thought the rules only applied when it suits the authorities, in times of pandemic they just change them :question:

Quite.
Nor condoning the stupidity of the driver involved, but if the shelf of tosco run a bit low, it’s OK to alleviate the driver shortage by letting drivers drive an hour longer, but if you do it to save your marriage, you are a juggernaut driving killer in waiting…

I know, his marriage was an excuse. But you know what I mean.

Back in the good old days, Owner drivers going home empty could run off the books as the wagon was their private transport home - Happy Daze :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Maybe our ’ traffic commissioner ’ poster would care to comment .
Surely a case for tea and biscuits with the obligatory licence revoke
No excuses - it’s fraud.

Better to show it and then at least try to blag your way out of it, get a fraud conviction and it makes life very difficult for you.

Probably the only industry you can end up being jailed for, for working to hard :smiley:

I can’t see owt about the company being in trouble anywhere? But since there is mention in the article about other drivers committing offences, maybe that will be coming along later?
As an aside it was mentioned in other outlets. However only in this article did it make a point of it being EU rules being broken.

He was after rescuing his marriage?
On 13 occasions? Over about 6 months?
Not worried enough to change jobs for a day job it seems.

Are driver tacho rules EU imposed like wtd is? As the article states, he was charged under thec1968 RTA, I’m no history buff, but I don’t think we were a member of any incarnation of the EU back then. (I stand to be corrected) And I believe the government will be in the next dock charged with colluding to endanger life.

robroy:
Blagged his card to…‘Save his marriage’’ :neutral_face:
Aye right. :unamused:
Looks like he (or his brief) fooled the court anyhow. :laughing:

I wonder if the other drivers were going home to see his wife too!

In addition to Gareth Coomber, a further nine employees from the same company were also found with tachograph discrepancies and were dealt with at Cardiff Magistrates’ Court.

WheelsofCardiff:

Explain to who?

I’ve lost count over the times I’ve been carpeted over the more minor infringements, like working 6hrs 4mins into a duty (not driving time!) without a break, but I’ve never been rebuked by plod on any of the occasions I’ve been pulled over - even for the full PC9 potential handing out “deep check” made in a MSA after plod pulls in front of you with “follow me” on the back window…

Are we not all glad though - we didn’t take the authorities seriously when they said the “driving regulations had been relaxed” a year back…?

Winseer:

WheelsofCardiff:

Explain to who?

I’ve lost count over the times I’ve been carpeted over the more minor infringements, like working 6hrs 4mins into a duty (not driving time!) without a break, but I’ve never been rebuked by plod on any of the occasions I’ve been pulled over - even for the full PC9 potential handing out “deep check” made in a MSA after plod pulls in front of you with “follow me” on the back window…

Are we not all glad though - we didn’t take the authorities seriously when they said the “driving regulations had been relaxed” a year back…?

DVSA you can explain time over but you cant with pulling your card out.

Franglais:
I can’t see owt about the company being in trouble anywhere? But since there is mention in the article about other drivers committing offences, maybe that will be coming along later?

I’d say that was guaranteed, but the OTC work to their own timescales and independently of the main judiciary. This guy plus nine other drivers were doing it? I’m curious how many drivers they have, I’d imagine this could be all of them, in which case the TC is going to ream the company big-style